Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PTahCha
FWIW, none of the US Red Carpet Clubs had a shower - it was a President's Club thing. So realistically, showers were removed from only EWR and IAH, or rather, converted into Polaris Lounges with showers.
There were showers at in some UA lounges, just not RCCs
The IFLs (all closed), the arrival lounges (all but LHR are now closed). ....
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Outside of security, there is an UA arrival lounge for travelers from trans-Pacific flights, and there is a paid-for shower facility in the international terminal.

FWIW, none of the US Red Carpet Clubs had a shower - it was a President's Club thing. So realistically, showers were removed from only EWR and IAH, or rather, converted into Polaris Lounges with showers.
Isn't that lounge permanently closed?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lsquare
Isn't that lounge permanently closed?
Yes, it was turned into an employee lounge/office many, many years ago
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriot Silver, Lifetime United Club
Showers in United Club?

I'm doing a red eye from YVR, SFO to IAH. Are there showers in any of the IAH United Clubs?

Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The thread on IAH United Clubs indicates all showers are gone from IAH United Clubs. If you're flying business I suspect you'll have access to the Polaris Lounge which does have showers.
confusedflyer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by nexus7556
The thread on IAH United Clubs indicates all showers are gone from IAH United Clubs. If you're flying business I suspect you'll have access to the Polaris Lounge which does have showers.
No access to Polaris lounge on that itinerary. Only long-haul flights per the rules.

Only EWR C123 United Club has showers. No showers anywhere else in any other United Club locations, including IAH/SFO.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Repooc17
No access to Polaris lounge on that itinerary. Only long-haul flights per the rules.

Only EWR C123 United Club has showers. No showers anywhere else in any other United Club locations, including IAH/SFO.
Technically speaking the G6 Club at SFO probably still has showers next to the bathrooms; they are just locked up.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
awww thats super disappointing about showers
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
awww thats super disappointing about showers
UCs don't typically have showers, do they? Asking because I regularly only use the ones in ORD, EWR, IAD and FLL and I don't recall seeing showers in any of those stations. I'd expect showers in the Polaris lounge, but not a standard club.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
UCs don't typically have showers, do they? Asking because I regularly only use the ones in ORD, EWR, IAD and FLL and I don't recall seeing showers in any of those stations. I'd expect showers in the Polaris lounge, but not a standard club.
They don't, but the new EWR club has them, so the hope was that they would match this with the new ORD location.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
They don't, but the new EWR club has them, so the hope was that they would match this with the new ORD location.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I try not to remain in EWR long enough to ever need a shower. Sadly, that didn't work out so well 2 weeks ago.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I try not to remain in EWR long enough to ever need a shower. Sadly, that didn't work out so well 2 weeks ago.
There is no amount of time spent in EWR that does not require a shower.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There has been some schizophrenic add showers / don't add showers / remove showers in UC planning over the years. LAX had potential for showers but ultimately didn't include them. EWR had them (former PL space), removed them, and then re-added them (new C123 club). At some point the strategy was to include them in all future clubs. But that may have swung back toward the no-showers () tendency, apparently.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I’ll add a big for no showers. One of the worst things PMUA brought over to the merger was the removal of showers in the clubs, and that still hasn’t been fixed (beyond EWR).
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I failed to understand why people are sayng showers are being taken away from United Clubs. All those PMUA RCC never had showers in the first place (except for deidicated arrival facilities for international arrivals not club memebrs), so nothing have been taken away. Nothing has changed.

On the PMCO lounges, not all had showers. EWR had them and now being added back. Nothing has changed.

Yes, I would like to see United adding showers to the newer lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.