Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Found a trip report of mine from 2010 that had some pics of the IFL and showers. I recall there was some question / inconsistency about shower access, which I mention in the report as well.
From my memory, there were published "arrivals" hours, and that access to the shower outside of those hours was the questionable part. But wow, that was a long time ago.
And judging by the pictures in the TR, the phone cameras were crap. (I won't say it was the skill of the operator). Haha

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15526006-post4.html
I think more impressive is still having a working photobucket account - and that they didn't blow away your photos.

David
lincolnjkc and goodeats21 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It's pretty wild that the Admirals Club at SFO has showers, and the SFO United Clubs...don't.

Really makes their premium transcon product much less competitive since it doesn't come with Polaris access.

I'm assuming it was Scott Kirby who ripped the showers out of the UA Clubs? He was involved with the removal of IFE from AA's planes, so that tracks.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 10:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
... I'm assuming it was Scott Kirby who ripped the showers out of the UA Clubs?...
No, long before. On Kirby's tenure, showers for UCs may be making a comeback.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Very few domestic UCs ever had showers but UA may be considering for UA hubs during major renovations (EWR has them)
But this is a discussion for another thread, Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)
Showers in ORD UC in C Gates adjacent to where the First Class Lounge used to be (now Polaris) and IAH UC in Term E.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 1:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
Showers in ORD UC in C Gates adjacent to where the First Class Lounge used to be (now Polaris) and IAH UC in Term E.
That's about it. SFO, LAX, DEN and IAD? did not
Old Aug 20, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
It's pretty wild that the Admirals Club at SFO has showers, and the SFO United Clubs...don't.

Really makes their premium transcon product much less competitive since it doesn't come with Polaris access.

I'm assuming it was Scott Kirby who ripped the showers out of the UA Clubs? He was involved with the removal of IFE from AA's planes, so that tracks.
It was a curious decision for a full-service airline, probably made shortly post-Smisek who left September 2015. The company was drifting in terms of strategy. According to analysts they were even discussing closing IAD or DEN as hubs. Not sure I would believe that but today such talk would be dismissed out of hand. And let's not forget the infamous decision to leave JFK entirely. That one was squarely on Smisek's team in 2015.

So, yeah, not a decision made with an eye to remaining competitive in the business travel market.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Thank goodness, the space is crowded enough as it is
United747 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Where to shower at SFO, DEN, and IAH when flying UA economy?

Polaris is out of the question when flying in Y. Besides AMEX Centurion, what are my options for showers if I also have a Priority Pass?

Thank you!
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA1K
SFO MLL if you’re *G has the largest shower I’ve ever seen at an airport lol
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Polaris is out of the question when flying in Y. Besides AMEX Centurion, what are my options for showers if I also have a Priority Pass?
There are no places to shower at IAH using Priority Pass to gain entry. The only showers at IAH are in the Centurion Lounge at Terminal D and the Polaris Lounge at Terminal E.

Edited to add: as per information shared by lsquare, the Minute Suites at IAH C-North have one shower, for pay.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Dec 11, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
SFO MLL if you’re *G has the largest shower I’ve ever seen at an airport lol
That's a great idea! How many showers are in the SFO MLL?

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
DEN has the Capital One lounge if you have the VX.
lsquare and unitedwildcat like this.

Programs: UA1K
That's a great idea! How many showers are in the SFO MLL?
I don’t remember, maybe 3 or 4? Or 2… definitely more than one
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights

Thank you!
Capital One lounge in DEN also has showers. IAH (Marriott) and DEN (Westin) have on property hotels you could try and do a day use room at, but I suspect you aren't looking for that.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpw81
Capital One lounge in DEN also has showers. IAH (Marriott) and DEN (Westin) have on property hotels you could try and do a day use room at, but I suspect you aren't looking for that.
I don't want to leave airside as it's unlikely I'll have enough time.

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
There are no places to shower at IAH using Priority Pass to gain entry. The only showers at IAH are in the Centurion Lounge at Terminal D and the Polaris Lounge at Terminal E.
I just read that Minute Suites at IAH have showers?
​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.