Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I generally dont use the domestic showers, but LHR I use quite often. This would be a major downside if this turns out to be true.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So paying for a membership to a United Club at this point means no one really knows what they are buying ?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
So paying for a membership to a United Club at this point means no one really knows what they are buying ?
Except that UA may choose not to offer an offering competitive with DL, AA or AS.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by CALMSP
I generally dont use the domestic showers, but LHR I use quite often. This would be a major downside if this turns out to be true.
I love the domestic showers and would hate to lose them. At LHR, I'd just use the Singapore Airlines Lounge or the Air Canada Lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
In many of the locations I pass through, like LAX and IAD, the UCs have not had showers, so addition of them in a new Polaris lounge will be welcome. (Though currently, the LH lounge in IAD A/B has showers, and now that you can walk to other terminals at LAX, I would use the AA club shower through a credit card.)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs

I wanted to use the showers in EWR after a long red-eye flight. I was told by the staff that they will no longer have showers after the renovation in the normal united club. They will only be on the Polaris Lounge.

Seems like they are taking away another benefit from United Club. Does anyone know if these plans are going to be at all United Clubs?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You can be pretty sure that they will not be removing showers from any other US-based United Club - mainly because there are no other US-based UC's with showers - EWR was the last of them.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
ORD and IAH still have showers last time I checked.
But I think they are basically moving the showers to the polaris lounges whenever they decide to finish building them.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:37 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by eng3
But I think they are basically moving the showers to the polaris lounges whenever they decide to finish building them.
No showers at ORD since the closure of the C UC. Only in Polaris Lounge now.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
UA is standardizing the offering.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Often1
UA is standardizing the offering.
Yes they are standardizing the offering – at level below that of the competition. AA's admirals clubs have showers at all of their major hubs that I've visited.

The ghost of SMI/J still haunts UA.
artvandalay and caverunner17 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
Yes they are standardizing the offering – at level below that of the competition. AA's admirals clubs have showers at all of their major hubs that I've visited.

Just because there are no showers in UCs doesn't mean that United's pax will abstain from ablutions in the UC.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1789224-naked-guy-uc-bathroom-washing-up-sink.html
CMK10, Bear4Asian and caverunner17 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by halls120

But will they remain when AA finishes revamping their clubs?

Also note that PHL clubs do not yet have showers, not sure about CLT or PHX. (I.e. former US hubs.)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:38 am

Centurion Lounges for the win

Centurion Lounges for the win
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Originally Posted by eng3
Club at Terminal E IAH has showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.