Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Originally Posted by desidivo
I wanted to use the showers in EWR after a long red-eye flight. I was told by the staff that they will no longer have showers after the renovation in the normal united club. They will only be on the Polaris Lounge.

Seems like they are taking away another benefit from United Club. Does anyone know if these plans are going to be at all United Clubs?
Are the showers still available now? I'm going thru on Wed morning and was also counting on an international longhaul shower to freshen up.

Also how long did they say refurb was going to take?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
Club at Terminal E IAH has showers.
It's closed.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:54 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Nope. They gone while Terminal E at IAH being renovated and will only be available for Polaris customers going forward. Found out the hard way when I showed up hot and dirty expecting a nice shower before my transpacific.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Closed?? I went thru on Sat night and it was open. Didn't think to check on showers though.

Never mind saw response was IAH related and not EWR
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I've not been in over a month, but last few times I've gone, the water at the EWR showers never quite got hot enough, or stayed hot.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
IAH E Club is currently closed for Polaris Lounge renovation. The showers were up on the second floor (3rd from lobby). I've heard (read) that that entire floor will now become the Polaris Lounge. Based on the crowding at the ORD Polaris Lounge, I would not be surprised to see the entire Terminal E Lounge become the Polaris Lounge. Leaving nothing for regular club members in E.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
I wish more companies offer shower rooms at airports. GRU has a company "Fast Sleep" with shower rooms for around $10 for 30 minutes. They have small rooms with bunk beds by the hour. Any other airports people know of?

UA really only cares about passengers in first/biz class.
caverunner17 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Originally Posted by JC1976
I wish more companies offer shower rooms at airports. GRU has a company "Fast Sleep" with shower rooms for around $10 for 30 minutes. They have small rooms with bunk beds by the hour. Any other airports people know of?

It's really the airport authority that should build a pod hotel or something hourly adjacent to the terminals.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Terminal E, between Gates E11 and E12 - this location is temporarily closed, effective August 21 and will reopen in October
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*

SFO has Freshen Up! in the Intl Terminal.

https://www.flysfo.com/content/showers
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:46 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by desidivo
I wanted to use the showers in EWR after a long red-eye flight. I was told by the staff that they will no longer have showers after the renovation in the normal united club. They will only be on the Polaris Lounge.

Seems like they are taking away another benefit from United Club. Does anyone know if these plans are going to be at all United Clubs?
I used Air China's Lounge and Shower and boy what a difference between some of the Star Alliance, wonder at somepoint if UA will few the need for some basement level based on it's peers
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
United can choose what its product looks like. As customers we can choose where to spend money. Reducing features relative to the competition also means a diminished value proposition.

As an SFO-based elite loosing shower access at the UC in Newark is enough to move my red-eye business to JFK where both AA and DL offer lounge members clubs.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:05 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
NRT airport has the same along the corridor leading from the UA gates to the NW gates. I've used the shower many times, but never the sleep room.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1984SW
NRT airport has the same along the corridor leading from the UA gates to the NW gates. I've used the shower many times, but never the sleep room.
There are also landside showers at NRT in T1. I've not used them but plan on it in December when I land around 7am and plan to spend a few hours in Tokyo before my flight that evening.
NRT T2 has the hourly hotel where I believe you can also just hire the showers.

I believe SYD also has some airside but you need to have your own towel.

I think it's a really underserved business. I am sure many travelers on flights that arrive really early or leave really late would gladly spend $8-$20 (depending on level of service) for a nice shower after/before a flight.

Imagine if you had to check out of your hotel in Bangkok at 11am, spent the next 6-8 hours in a hot and sweaty city and then made your way to BKK for a late evening departure on what could be 12-20 hours of upcoming travel. My first trip Australia JFK-LAX-SYD I booked my hotel for the night before so I could be sure to check in at 7-8am when I got to the hotel mostly because I knew I would want a shower. Having a shower on little to no sleep makes it a lot easier to have to be up than feeling grimey AND tired.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Having a shower on little to no sleep makes it a lot easier to have to be up than feeling grimey AND tired.
It makes a huge difference to me following a red-eye.

The lack of showers at EWR will definitely make me pause before booking UA for a premium t-con red-eye.

I think this hurts UA when DL and AA are putting showers in their new domestic clubs.
caverunner17 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.