Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Anyone on UA915 IAD-CDG right now (Sep 28)? Been getting more and more delayed (in ~10min increments) due to aircraft maintenance. I’m on the next flight on this plane out of CDG and trying to stay up to see 915 take off (in case it gets cancelled) - curious what’s going on if anyone is there.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Anyone on UA915 IAD-CDG right now (Sep 28)? Been getting more and more delayed (in ~10min increments) due to aircraft maintenance. I’m on the next flight on this plane out of CDG and trying to stay up to see 915 take off (in case it gets cancelled) - curious what’s going on if anyone is there.
Not on UA915, but word is the pilot lost his passport. Delay is now up to almost 5 hours. Arrival now is at 11:11am.

I wouldn't hold my breath for UA914 to take off as scheduled at 12:25pm.

Edit: Departed IAD at 10:17pm local time, and is scheduled to arrive at CDG at 11:13am.

Last edited by Repooc17; Sep 28, 2017 at 8:22 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Not on UA915, but word is the pilot lost his passport. Delay is now up to almost 5 hours. Arrival now is at 11:11am.

I wouldn't hold my breath for UA914 to take off as scheduled at 12:25pm.

Edit: Departed IAD at 10:17pm local time, and is scheduled to arrive at CDG at 11:13am.
Thanks! Just saw the update on the departure as well. That’s ridiculous if that’s true! I figured we’ll be a little more delayed unless they get some good wind over here. Any idea if 914 is in danger of crew timeout rules?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Thanks! Just saw the update on the departure as well. That’s ridiculous if that’s true! I figured we’ll be a little more delayed unless they get some good wind over here. Any idea if 914 is in danger of crew timeout rules?
TATL's are very short, typically timeouts are more for TPAC's

Was flying EWR-HKG earlier, delayed and our crew timed out. They swapped with the crew going to Hamburg as they just got there, could make our whole flight and our crew could still make the Hamburg flight and have a few hours to spare without timing out.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
TATL's are very short, typically timeouts are more for TPAC's

Was flying EWR-HKG earlier, delayed and our crew timed out. They swapped with the crew going to Hamburg as they just got there, could make our whole flight and our crew could still make the Hamburg flight and have a few hours to spare without timing out.
I don't think this is correct. EWR-HKG is a 772 and EWR-HAM is a 763 so the pilots couldn't be swapped, in addition the HAM flight is sUA FAs and the HKG flight is sCO FAs so they couldn't swap either (and the 763 has fewer FAs than then 772).

I am guessing they called up reserves but saying you took them from another flight is easier. They could have also maybe swapped NRT crews but that is doubtful due to the language speaker requirement and overall scheduling logistics on minimum rest prior to the flight, etc.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by N104UA
I don't think this is correct. EWR-HKG is a 772 and EWR-HAM is a 763 so the pilots couldn't be swapped, in addition the HAM flight is sUA FAs and the HKG flight is sCO FAs so they couldn't swap either (and the 763 has fewer FAs than then 772).

I am guessing they called up reserves but saying you took them from another flight is easier. They could have also maybe swapped NRT crews but that is doubtful due to the language speaker requirement and overall scheduling logistics on minimum rest prior to the flight, etc.
Can't have swapped the NRT crew either... EWR-NRT departs at 11a while EWR-HKG is a 3p departure
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:18 pm

I just meant FA's, the pilots were ok because there were extras or something. Maybe they had extras ready to go due to the earlier flights that were messed up that caused the plane swap that caused us to get the broken plane and be late as well.

All but the foreign service manager and one other FA swapped with the Hamberg FA crew.

It was definitely Hamberg as the HKG FA's were senior and packed for a summer trip (June) to HKG and instead were going to Hamberg (Much colder from their comments) and it appears they were all senior and were going to lose some hours or something by taking a TATL. I didn't understand a lot of it, but they served PDB, then right before doors closed the new crew arrived and they departed and doors closed and we left.

Posts #613 , 614 and 615 were ones I made while on the plane waiting. - I could be off about Hamberg - it was DEFINITELY Germany and that is one of our other crew members stayed as she spoke Chinese or whatever language was required and the one that stayed on the other flight spoke German and the FSM or whatever that person is called stayed on their respective flights, but the rest of the FA's swapped. It was 6 months ago and details are fuzzy for sure, I dunno about Pco or Pua, but the FA crews definitely swapped, i was in 8K and could hear them talking the whole time, plus they were very forthcoming with information as well as the captain walked back to business class and personally apologized and informed us of exactly what was going on. Not to mention i watched the mechanic fix the broken latch.

Last edited by Hipplewm; Sep 29, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I just meant FA's, the pilots were ok because there were extras or something. Maybe they had extras ready to go due to the earlier flights that were messed up that caused the plane swap that caused us to get the broken plane and be late as well.

All but the foreign service manager and one other FA swapped with the Hamberg FA crew.

It was definitely Hamberg as the HKG FA's were senior and packed for a summer trip (June) to HKG and instead were going to Hamberg (Much colder from their comments) and it appears they were all senior and were going to lose some hours or something by taking a TATL. I didn't understand a lot of it, but they served PDB, then right before doors closed the new crew arrived and they departed and doors closed and we left.

Posts #613 , 614 and 615 were ones I made while on the plane waiting. - I could be off about Hamberg - it was DEFINITELY Germany and that is one of our other crew members stayed as she spoke Chinese or whatever language was required and the one that stayed on the other flight spoke German and the FSM or whatever that person is called stayed on their respective flights, but the rest of the FA's swapped. It was 6 months ago and details are fuzzy for sure, I dunno about Pco or Pua, but the FA crews definitely swapped, i was in 8K and could hear them talking the whole time, plus they were very forthcoming with information as well as the captain walked back to business class and personally apologized and informed us of exactly what was going on. Not to mention i watched the mechanic fix the broken latch.
My guess is it was FRA as it is a 772 with sCO crews
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:07 pm

My guess is it was FRA as it is a 772 with sCO crews
May have been FRA, but the point still stands that TATL are so short that time outs are not really a concern
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA125 ATH-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
And, passengers should file for EU261
I've got a question about a flight delay.

I was booked for a flight from Amsterdam to Guatemala City, with a long connection (18 hours) in Houston due to plans to see family friends.

Amsterdam to Houston (UA21 13/09/17) was delayed by 5 hours, meaning I arrived into Houston late in the evening, completely destroying my plans.

Although I got into Guatemala on time, does anyone know if I'm eligible for any kind of compensation, especially EU261.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by romanmj
I've got a question about a flight delay.

I was booked for a flight from Amsterdam to Guatemala City, with a long connection (18 hours) in Houston due to plans to see family friends.

Amsterdam to Houston (UA21 13/09/17) was delayed by 5 hours, meaning I arrived into Houston late in the evening, completely destroying my plans.

Although I got into Guatemala on time, does anyone know if I'm eligible for any kind of compensation, especially EU261.
Welcome to Flyertalk romanmj !

For better or worse, EU261 counts delay from the scheduled arrival time at the final destination. According to EU261, you arrived on time in GUA.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:46 pm

It appears UA858 was cancelled on 10/5 due to maintenance. Second to last 747 out of PVG. N175UA may still be in Shanghai. After maintenance I wonder if they will swap it in for a revenue flight to get it home.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
UA is down a 777-200 on the TPAC routes right now it seems.

UA895 ORD-HKG on 07Oct is taking an estimated 21.5 hour delay from 1330 07Oct to 1100 08Oct due to maintenance.

UA895 HKG-SIN on 08Oct is cancelled because of it.

UA896 SIN-HKG on 09Oct is cancelled because of it.

UA896 HKG-SIN on 09oct has posted a 6 hour delay already and the flight isn't scheduled for another 27 hours.

It appears that when UA895 from ORD finally makes it to HKG it will turn around as a delayed UA896 on 09Oct.

-RM
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:53 am

Great im on hkg to ord on the 10th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.