Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rch4u
I wish the 9:45-10:15 AM DEN-East Coast bank served lunch instead of breakfast, like those flights used to. If you're connecting from the West Coast, you've already had breakfast on the first segment anyways.
Totally agree! We waited over an hour for de-icing so lunch would definitely have been appreciated!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:10 pm

Smile Polaris Cabin PS Service SFO-EWR 2/18/2017

***This is my first time posting pictures through Flickr...sorry for the layout of pictures.***

Service was pretty good and the food was surprisingly well executed. The salad was fresh and had a good mixture of textures and crunch (loved the beets an apples)

The appetizer of the hunk of goat cheese is ok. A bit too much cheese but the mango is palatable. The pretzel roll is good as always.

For the main, my first choice was the chicken but she told me they were out of the chicken in the first cabin but she would look in the second cabin since they are catered separately. (I ordered the steak as a 2nd choice...but voila! she found a chicken for me^^)

The chicken was perfectly done and pretty moist. LOVED the lentils...a nice and healthy option for a change. Parsnips and carrots were also pretty good.

Service was VERY efficient...a bit too fast in my view....I had to rush finishing the main course since they were already coming down the aisle for the sundae service.

Cookies were good as always prior to arrival.

United Polaris
United Polaris
United Polaris
United Polaris
United Polaris

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 24, 2017 at 10:42 pm Reason: repaired post
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Recent SFO-EWR PS Lunch Flight

Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

2/17/17 UA 403 SFO-IAD 772 Vers. 5
Seat 1E
PDB + refill/topoff(Boarding delays had the crew going around to do 2nd rounds/topoffs.)

Breakfast choices were:
Souffle
French Toast
Fruit Plate w/ Banana

Bready thing:
Flaky biscuits or sweet roll.

Sizable fruit plate w/ yogurt for starters w/ chunks of melon, pineapple and grapes.

I had the souffle, which amazingly enough, turned out to be the right choice. United's history w/ eggs has always been hit or miss. Either a scrambled sitting in a sea of oil from the sausages next to them,or a rubbery puck w/ chew-toy like consistency.

This was a total hit. Light, fluffy, dry(by airline meal egg standards), just like a souffle should be, w/ a nice side of potatoes and asparagus spears. Easily one of the best airline meals I've ever had and it even felt vaguely healthy too.

I had a couple passes at the biscuits because our FA kept coming by with them and basically being a polite and professional biscuit "pusher". You can totally buy me w/ biscuits. And Illy.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Jet'Dillo; Feb 26, 2017 at 8:07 am
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:32 am

2/20/17 IAD->SFO
DEP 06:35 ARR 09:30 B-738
1A

PDB, again w/ time for refills.
I had Illy, my seatmate started pounding Bloody Marys starting w/ PDB service.

Breakfast choices(No menu offered):
Pancakes, "Houston Scramble" or fruit plate.

Orders were taken based on some sort of precedence, but it was definitely not front-to-back. Crew tooks orders from higher-status pax while we were still at the gate, then got to the rest of us once we were in the air.

There was the usual fruit plate to start with. I ordered the scramble and, again, it didn't suck. A light splashing of Crystal or something over the eggs along w/ sausage and the biscuits. The eggs were good. Not too wet, not too dry. I was also pleased to see that they were not drowned in a pile of salsa or red sauce.

I had more Illy and then some juice to drink while my seatmate continued w/ the Bloody Marys.

I'm probably coming a bit late to the party here, esp. since this was one of my first flights this year, but I was really impressed by the apparent turnaround in food up front. Is there a thread around here about the overall food/catering changes ?

"Why it reminds me of the old days; before the war..."
Attached Images   
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
I'm probably coming a bit late to the party here, esp. since this was one of my first flights this year, but I was really impressed by the apparent turnaround in food up front. Is there a thread around here about the overall food/catering changes ?
That's been part of the transcon breakfast catering cycle for probably 2 years ...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by rch4u
That's been part of the transcon breakfast catering cycle for probably 2 years ...
Well, that tells you how often I get to sit up front then.
I'm consistently Gold on UA but living and flying mostly between fortress hubs means I never see upgrades anymore.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Two really good mains on IAH-LAX-IAH on Feb 24 and Feb 26. The mushroom risotto was one of the best things I've ever had on UA, and the chicken mac and cheese was quite tasty too. I feel the domestic mains in 2017 have been quite good so far.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Wow and a decent amount of asparagus not just a measly little stalk.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
MEXIAH
1205 PM
Lunch
73G

Steak or chicken; no description that I could remember. Orders taken front to back.

Steak was seriously overcooked; potatoes were burnt around the edges. Salad wasn't that great either. Only ate it because I hadn't eaten all morning. Most likely one of the worst meals in terms of quality I've had in recent times although I can't recall MEX catering being great overall.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:45 pm

ORD-LGA UAx E175 9am

Cereal/fruit/scone/yogurt or breakfast sandwhich...

What a monstrosity. Cold. Think it was trying to be a French Toast bun but it seemed more like a sliced bread cinamon roll. Had 4 pieces of ham in it with a cream cheese (I guess) spread on the top piece and jam/chutney type on the bottom. I had one bit and then just picked out the ham and ate it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
What a monstrosity. Cold. Think it was trying to be a French Toast bun but it seemed more like a sliced bread cinamon roll. Had 4 pieces of ham in it with a cream cheese (I guess) spread on the top piece and jam/chutney type on the bottom. I had one bit and then just picked out the ham and ate it.
UAX really seems to be coming up short on breakfast these days.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Tuesday, February 28
PHX-IAD, UA 316, 0836 departure

choice of cheese quiche or French toast soufflé , FA took orders front to back but made it a point to ask if the alternate was OK if first choice wasn't available
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:50 am

Can someone post the March 2017 P.S. Menus?

im looking for dinner options on EWR - SFO

AND

Lunch options on LAX - SFO

both are on 757-200, 28 BF seats
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:57 am

EWR-SFO 11:30am

Contrary to all the ingredients this food was very bland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.