Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
Flying SFO-IAD on a Hawaii-config'ed 772 in F next week. Breakfast scheduled.
Scrolling through, I see a lot of mentions of dinner/lunch, but not much about what the current DOM breakfast menu is for transcon flights.
Would anybody like to share a report/menu pic ?

(and I'll follow up w/ pics and a report after it actually happens ).
Thanks!
omelette, cereal, fruit off the top of my head and things that look something like croissants and the million calorie cinnabon - the international Y breakfast is somewhat similar to the transcon F/J breakfast inc PS. UA could easily further improve their US domestic F/J breakfasts..... well at least the turkey hockey pucks are gone.

Last edited by ermintrude; Feb 9, 2017 at 4:25 pm Reason: added F/J
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ermintrude
omelette, cereal, fruit off the top of my head and things that look something like croissants and the million calorie cinnabon - the international Y breakfast is somewhat similar to the transcon F/J breakfast inc PS. UA could easily further improve their US domestic F/J breakfasts..... well at least the turkey hockey pucks are gone.
I'll probably get the omelette then. They've been getting better over the past couple years. Getting Illy onboard for the coffee has been a step up IMO, now if they'd only bring back the grapefruit juice("Do you remember the grapefruit juice ? When will the grapefruit juice come again?")
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
I'll probably get the omelette then. They've been getting better over the past couple years. Getting Illy onboard for the coffee has been a step up IMO, now if they'd only bring back the grapefruit juice("Do you remember the grapefruit juice ? When will the grapefruit juice come again?")
The French Toast Souffle is also universally lauded, although I have never experienced it. Flights before 10am are something I avoid if at all possible, and it's not offered all the time.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
DCA-IAH (UA 1954 January 26th 1745 departure):

David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 12, 2018 at 11:42 pm Reason: stupid greedy photo storage website
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

p.s. menu for February 2017 + breakfast

p.s. menu for February 2017:

and breakfast for February 8th (UA 233 SFO-EWR) - if you picked the quiche:

Note disappearance of cinnamon roll and refill of mimosa! Kudos to Michael who was the ever attentive flight attendant for our section!

David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 12, 2018 at 11:46 pm Reason: stupid greedy photo storage website
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Random question.. I have never seen milk listed on the inflight menu and yet the crew always is happy to serve it when I ask. Is there a refrigerator in the galley? Is there milk? Just curious. (I'd believe I'm actually getting some weird half and half based concoction)
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Random question.. I have never seen milk listed on the inflight menu and yet the crew always is happy to serve it when I ask. Is there a refrigerator in the galley? Is there milk? Just curious. (I'd believe I'm actually getting some weird half and half based concoction)
The plain milk that I've been served is "Dairy Pure" (Alta Dena / Dean Foods) which are in boxed containers that are stored with the bags of ice. I believe that they have both whole and 2 percent. Also, they do carry chocolate milk - I believe of the "TruMoo" branding (also Alta Dena / Dean Foods). So no refrigerator - just basic cooling using melting ice.

David
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA GS
In the past, milk has been listed on the menu as a beverage option, except on "Shuttle by United" flights.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I thought UA had switched to Hersey's Milk (2%) in a cardboard carton like a kid's juice box.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by DELee
DCA-IAH (UA 1954 January 26th 1745 departure):

David
Is that a cheese bun? How was it?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 12, 2017 at 1:08 pm Reason: limit quotes of pics to just relavent pics -- for the sake of folks with small screens
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
Is that a cheese bun? How was it?
If I recall, it was a cheese covered/coated dinner roll. While I enjoyed it, the rolls that I particularly like are the pretzel buns - both with or without hamburger. Of course, with hamburger / cheeseburger is better but I had one in E+ on an EWR-LAX flight last week that unfortunately wasn't even warm - just not cold. Thought about asking them to re-heat but I decided to eat the cheeseburger rather than wait for them to return from their initial food/beverage pass.

David
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice p.s. service lunch today. Liked it, had the ravioli.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Tuesday, Feb. 14
IAD-LAS, 0836 departure, UA 796

Choice of french toast souffle or fiesta omelet

Friday, Feb. 17
LAS-IAD, 0830 departure, UA 236

Choice of french toast souffle or red pepper quiche
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
Today #410 Sacramento-Denver

choice of quiche or FRENCH TOAST SOUFFLÉ!!!!

amazing!!! Best meal in the sky!!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Gold SPG and Marriott, Silver United Milage Plus
Lets eat first United

Yea, that's what we had HNL-ORD-I had the French Toast, cinnamon roll, fresh fruit-liked it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.