Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
IAH-EWR
Jan 18
UA 813, 73G
Dinner

Choices: Tandoori chicken (mine) and Seafood medley soup (seatmate's). Seatmate said the seafood medley was very good - my chicken was dry and a bit overcooked.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
That garlic bread looks awful.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
United 1600 PHX--EWR Breakfast

Choice of eggs with cheese or oatmeal and yogurt.

Was super disappointing no french toast casserole
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krentzie
United 1600 PHX--EWR Breakfast

Choice of eggs with cheese or oatmeal and yogurt.

Was super disappointing no french toast casserole
Do you mean the French Toast Souffle?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by findark
Yes. The pmUA (and I believe currently policy for both sides) way of taking orders is to ask everyone for a second choice and then sort out priority in the galley. This avoids the appearance of preference in the forward cabin, which personally I like.
thanks! I was very confused.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
Do you mean the French Toast Souffle?
Yep. My bad. Best airline dish EVER
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
UA 269 LAX-ORD lunch.

PDB (Moscow Mule), hot towel service, warm nuts, beef and rice for my selection - excellent. Sorbet to finish.

Great service, wine was always topped off without even asking!
Attached Images    
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
EWR - LAX p.s. service Sat 1/21. Used an RPU and it cleared at booking back in Nov (showed available back then).

Very good overall. I went with the steak for the entree. Only complaint: the wine was a Castle Rock pinot noir, which retails for about $10. For the p.s. service costing $700 - $2k in 1st, UA should spend a little more please.
Attached Images      

Last edited by tstauck; Jan 23, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 153: SFO to IAH
January 24, 2017
Boeing 787-9, Lunch

Another quick look-in at midcon dining for January as I catch a connection on the way to New York.

Name:  iah-main.jpg
Views: 3575
Size:  182.9 KB

The salad was a quite tasty mix of grapefruit, mandarin oranges, and fresh onion served over a spring mix with pomegranate vinaigrette. The entree choices were the butternut squash ravioli or hoisin beef. The latter being one of the less inspiring beef renditions in my opinion, I decided to branch out and go with the pasta. (So did the next three pax, causing the purser to remark in surprise.) The ravioli was decent, but garnishing it with more butternut squash was rather tacky, and I really don't think it needed it. All in all, though, it was a decent meal. I miss the lobster mac, though

Mango sorbet was served for dessert.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 1439: IAH to LGA
January 24, 2017
Boeing 737-700, Dinner

The tag leg was my first United 73G, which has been an elusive plane for me to pick up. As an aside, 1AB does have a little cutout, but I'm not convinced it made the bulkhead worth it. Definitely nothing like the 753, and no stowage.

Name:  lga-main.jpg
Views: 3460
Size:  164.6 KB

The salad was fresh arugula with barley and golden raisins, topped with a balsamic vinaigrette. It was pretty good, and a nice continuance of salad variety. Entree choice was between the Tandoori chicken (pictured) or the "seafood stew" which I'm guessing is formally billed as a "San Francisco-style cioppino". The chicken was quite tasty and came with a bit of paneer, but I do wish there was more of the sauce as the large helping of rice sort of overwhelmed things.

And, of course, mmm pretzel roll Cookie was served for dessert in somewhat of a pre-arrival capacity.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA 212: EWR to SFO
January 28, 2017
Boeing 757-200 (sUA p.s.), Dinner

This meal was much the same as has already been reviewed (lunch and dinner services are identical), but as a result of my disappointment with sweet potato, I went with the chicken instead.

Name:  sfo-main.jpg
Views: 3477
Size:  202.7 KB

This time the salad came with balsamic and olive oil, but it was next to impossible to get any balsamic out of the jar without soaking the salad. Most of my salad comments from the last review stand, and I won't be sorry to see something new next month.

The chicken itself was decent, but I was not a huge fan of the cauliflower and leek mash. It was well put together, but I think I am being dragged down by personal taste here, as I don't care that much for cauliflower. It did a decent job mixing with the chicken, bordelaise, and baby carrots, however. In the end, I think I may have enjoyed it slightly more than the steak.

The sundae cart did not include all the toppings; not sure if a crew/catering issue, or if lunch is short-catered on the dessert end. Only chocolate and butterscotch syrups were offered.

In the end, the food victory of the day was finding tomato gouda soup in the SFO UC
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
UA 153: SFO to IAH
January 24, 2017
Boeing 787-9, Lunch

Another quick look-in at midcon dining for January as I catch a connection on the way to New York.

Attachment 26290

The salad was a quite tasty mix of grapefruit, mandarin oranges, and fresh onion served over a spring mix with pomegranate vinaigrette. The entree choices were the butternut squash ravioli or hoisin beef. The latter being one of the less inspiring beef renditions in my opinion, I decided to branch out and go with the pasta. (So did the next three pax, causing the purser to remark in surprise.) The ravioli was decent, but garnishing it with more butternut squash was rather tacky, and I really don't think it needed it. All in all, though, it was a decent meal. I miss the lobster mac, though

Mango sorbet was served for dessert.
This is hilarious. One would think the ravioli were FILLED with the squash and not served afloat in the sauce.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
This is hilarious. One would think the ravioli were FILLED with the squash and not served afloat in the sauce.
Indeed - it was both. Thankfully the sauce included tomatoes in the production; amusement would have moved to horror if they managed to make a squash sauce as well
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Entree choice was between the Tandoori chicken (pictured) or the "seafood stew" which I'm guessing is formally billed as a "San Francisco-style cioppino". The chicken was quite tasty and came with a bit of paneer, but I do wish there was more of the sauce as the large helping of rice sort of overwhelmed things.

So, here's the Seafood Stew from IAH-DEN on 27 January. It contained a nice piece of whitefish plus many bay scallops and even a chuck of baguette soaking in the broth. I've had a variety of United seafood dishes, sometimes marketed as cioppino and this particular presentation was new to me. The salad was similar to that referenced by findark above.

Additionally, I noted a change in the nuts offered on this flight. These nuts were seasoned. A smoked and ever so slightly spicy dusting on them made them new and unique, and I enjoyed them.

Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
So, here's the Seafood Stew from IAH-DEN on 27 January. It contained a nice piece of whitefish plus many bay scallops and even a chuck of baguette soaking in the broth. I've had a variety of United seafood dishes, sometimes marketed as cioppino and this particular presentation was new to me.
Huh. I've never had United's rendition, but I'll agree that doesn't look much like a cioppino.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.