Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Catching up on a few I missed posting...

EWR-PHX (dinner) on 2/3:

Lobster mac and cheese...second time I have had it on this route. For whatever reason, the food on my flights to PHX have always been excellent. This was no exception.

LAX-EWR (lunch) on 2/5:

Menu

Starters...really prefer it when they have some kind of smoked fish for the small bite with the salad. Cheese as the starter just means too much cheese, once you factor in the salad...

Went with the chicken, since I have had beef with chimichurri on these flights plenty already. Spice rub was good on the chicken skin, but the choice of lentils was a bit puzzling. It was okay, but I would have picked the short rib if I had to choose again.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
EWR-SFO: 03/03/17 UA418 psPolaris (77W) dinner service:

Menu Shots:

Selected "Chicken" - De minimus portion size on the entree (my portion appears to be 50% to 25% of what JVPhoto received)

Sundae: After the photo was taken, I had it made into an Affogado since the ice cream was rock hard

Still hungry: Went to the back and asked for a cheeseburger; tried to pay but was gifted the meal

After nap and on the descent into SFO, requested a cookie and milk (no shot).

David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 13, 2018 at 12:01 am Reason: stupid greedy photo storage website
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
EWR-SFO ...

Still hungry: Went to the back and asked for a cheeseburger; tried to pay but was gifted the meal

David
That cheesburger looks a lot better than your J meal main course. I'd be tempted to just ask for the burger instead of the J main course.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by transportprof
That cheesburger looks a lot better than your J meal main course. I'd be tempted to just ask for the burger instead of the J main course.
Sadly you're right. For what was my first "taste" of Polaris-ish, I was certainly unimpressed with the cuisine served. Perhaps those who had the lamb might have gotten a better dish, but mine certainly wasn't.

David
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee

Selected "Chicken" - De minimus portion size on the entree (my portion appears to be 50% to 25% of what JVPhoto received)
I already considered my actual chicken portion on the smaller side. I remember the chicken dish with the mustard greens and beans used to be pretty big.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I've had the PS lamb, and it's quite good.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Has anyone been on a breakfast EWR-ORD flight recently? Curious what the menu options will be.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Has anyone been on a breakfast EWR-ORD flight recently? Curious what the menu options will be.
Some egg dish and the other choice will be French toast or oatmeal with extra fruit.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:30 am

Thank you - curious, the french toast soufflé or the frozen aisle french toast?

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Some egg dish and the other choice will be French toast or oatmeal with extra fruit.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 762 IAD-IAH, 3/8/17
767-400ER, seat 1A

A P fare only $100 and change over the available coach fare for a lie-flat seat gets solidly into "shut up and take my money" territory.

Breakfast choices were oatmeal or a cheese omelette; the latter turned out to be the exact same entree I had for breakfast on an IAD-BRU flight two Fridays ago, once again accompanied by potatoes, a salsa of corn and red peppers, and sausage. Bread choices were a smallish croissant or the plus-sized cinnamon bun I (wisely) chose.

All that and a couple of bloody marys helped me enjoy a blissful nap in a bed in the sky.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:13 pm

An update and apologies for no photos - I was offered an option of an omelette with a cream cheese filling and sausage or oatmeal. The omelette was decent as usual.

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Thank you - curious, the french toast soufflé or the frozen aisle french toast?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
March PS SFO-EWR

Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
It appears with all this new LED lighting there seems to be the almost impossible task to properly white balance! And this is especially important for food pictures.
I took some interior photos of a new NZ plane PVG-AKL, and even in post it was just about not possible to get the WB right. Looks like this 773 is similar, especially once they have the "mood lighting" activated.
I am just wondering how all this LED lighting is going to effect our vision over time.

GREAT photos as always though, UA_Flyer!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:48 am

What would be the food (if any) on SFO-MCO that leaves at 10:55pm (scheduled for exactly 5:20 hr)? Snack basket? If so - what's in it (and should I bring my own sandwich in "first")?

UA meals page shows "Refreshments, which include a selection of packaged snacks and fresh fruit", but the actual reservation says "snack". Which one is right?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Some recent flights:

IAH-MIA March 2

Name:  IAH-MIA Nuts.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  444.0 KB

Name:  IAH-MIA Main.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  555.1 KB

Name:  IAH-MIA Cookie.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  488.1 KB

MIA-IAH March 3

Name:  MIA-IAH Main.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  457.4 KB

IAH-YYZ March 5

Name:  IAH-YYZ Nuts.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  366.1 KB

Name:  IAH-YYZ Main.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  528.3 KB

YYZ-IAH March 8

Name:  YYZ-IAH Nuts.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  367.2 KB

Name:  YYZ-IAH Main.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  478.4 KB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.