Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Did anyone who attend today's event ask about what will happen to the two current UCs in Terminal 7 now that the new facility will open next week?

(Personally, my bet is that one of the two will become the new Polaris Lounge.)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
Did anyone who attend today's event ask about what will happen to the two current UCs in Terminal 7 now that the new facility will open next week?

Polaris Lounge will be in the former IFL.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GSBEWR

Current concourse-level UC will probably be gutted/opened up and turned into waiting area and retail.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Current concourse-level UC will probably be gutted/opened up and turned into waiting area and retail.
The current concourse UC is clearly eating into the gate space (forget that gate #). I'm assuming after it is gutted, the gate area will have plenty of more room.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Polaris Lounge will be in the former IFL.
I think the space occupied by former IFL lounge will contribute to a much larger footprint for the Polaris lounge.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's 2am here in LA so I am going to bed, but someone is free to paste the pictures directly into FT if you don't want to click on my blog -- over 60 pictures of the new lounge here:

http://upgrd.com/matthew/new-united-club-at-lax.html

(link to my blog)

Lounge is really nice and we should see Chicago UC-style food. No showers, but Polaris Lounge will be going into former IFL at LAX and will have showers.

Future Polaris lounges at hubs (except DEN and GUM) and eventually in Mainland China...many UA people, including Oscar, were hyping the Polaris lounge opening in ORD so my expectations are obviously very high for that one, because I thought the new LAX club is great.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Does anyone know when the new IFC/Polaris lounge opens in ORD?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Does anyone know when the new IFC/Polaris lounge opens in ORD?
Last I heard, it was scheduled to be the flagship lounge and would re-open the Polaris part of the lounge on 01 Dec 2016. It's the lounge in Terminal C near Gate C17, where the GFL used to be. They're expanding what used to be the GFL into some space formerly used by the UC there. I believe the Terminal C UC isn't scheduled to re-open until April 2017.

-mvitale
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Not open till 06 Dec...

Here's some Picts:

http://travelskills.com/2016/11/28/w...lax-slideshow/

Not my blog but my pictures. I'll post more later.
Great photos Matthew! Thanks for posting. Looks very nice. Look forward to enjoying the outdoor patio. Perfect location for that type of amenity.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
It's 2am here in LA so I am going to bed, but someone is free to paste the pictures directly into FT if you don't want to click on my blog -- over 60 pictures of the new lounge here:

(link to my blog)

Lounge is really nice and we should see Chicago UC-style food. No showers, but Polaris Lounge will be going into former IFL at LAX and will have showers.

Future Polaris lounges at hubs (except DEN and GUM) and eventually in Mainland China...many UA people, including Oscar, were hyping the Polaris lounge opening in ORD so my expectations are obviously very high for that one, because I thought the new LAX club is great.
First off, Thank You very much for all of the photos and the comments.

One interesting thing in your photos and review is that there does not appear to be any conference rooms (except for one small one). Good. I would rather space like that be used for other purposes, such as more open space and seating.

What I most liked about your comments was the quotes by Scott and Kirby, stating they are determined fight the competition, unlike Jeff who seemed to run away from any kind of fight. When Oscar says He wants to make UA a better airline, I believe he will do everything he can to do just that. I don't think any of us believed Jeff about anything, especially in the last couple of years.

One odd thing, though: the new lounge closes at 10 p.m. That took me by surprise that it will close that early, especially considering one of the current lounges closes at 10:30 p.m. and the other at 12:45 a.m. Why so early?

Last edited by GSBEWR; Nov 29, 2016 at 7:16 am Reason: Additional comments
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:01 am

(link to my blog)

So basically for about a year the club will be more crowded than designed, as the Polaris lounge is being constructed which will reduce the influx of intl J pax.

Surprised they're not using the old UClub space below for Polaris, but I guess the old IFL had the kitchen.

In fact, don't remember Polaris at LAX being part of the initial announcement - was added at some point.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
WOW.. Food looks amazing.. and Espresso drinks?? Color me impressed..
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm heading to T7 in a few hours. Will I be able to tour this new lounge?

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I wish the deck covering was retractable for really nice days.
You like the smell of petroleum in the morning?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 2016 at 10:27 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
I imagine some of that was catered just for the opening.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Sadly that was just for the event. There will be machines like ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.