Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
Post First look: United gives sneak peek of new LAX lounge

Via USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...unge/94608246/

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 2016 at 6:21 pm Reason: merged into exisiting thread
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Outdoor area... i could see myself enjoying that
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
"fresh food" were the words that caught my eye. I've become pretty bored with cheese cubes, hummus, and a questionable soup. Although, I suppose I didn't know any better until I started frequenting Centurion lounges and other airline's international lounges.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by shaunco
"fresh food" were the words that caught my eye. I've become pretty bored with cheese cubes, hummus, and a questionable soup. Although, I suppose I didn't know any better until I started frequenting Centurion lounges and other airline's international lounges.
It says a lot when "fresh food" is a big thing for UA.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
There are also a couple post-midnight departures - IAH & ORD
Yeah - I think I only grabbed today's post-10:30pm departures. I knew there usually were 2 redeyes to IAH.

I really am hoping the 10pm closing sign at the Club was just for the preview. Time will tell.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 29, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Does the IFL have enough room to be a Polaris lounge? It seems too small to me as it is and now they want to add showers? Or will it be expanded into other areas on that floor?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mvitale
Last I heard, it was scheduled to be the flagship lounge and would re-open the Polaris part of the lounge on 01 Dec 2016. It's the lounge in Terminal C near Gate C17, where the GFL used to be. They're expanding what used to be the GFL into some space formerly used by the UC there. I believe the Terminal C UC isn't scheduled to re-open until April 2017.

-mvitale
That works for me. I fly NH F out of ORD a few times a year (next time in mid Dec) and the fact they use the UClub now that the GF lounge is closed is ridiculous. I noticed on the NH web site they are now saying F & J passengers departing ORD will use the Polaris lounge "opening soon" (whatever that means). I fear it's gonna get mighty crowded at peak times with all the UA J, LH F/J & NH F/J pax using it
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In LAX temporary club right now. Lounge staff are really excited about the new one . . . front desk agent walked me out into the concourse to show me where it is.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I walked past there yesterday. The entrance is all glass, so those who do not have access have a fishbowl-like view of the escalator. I think this was deliberate, so entice people to sign up for the credit card, so that they can get their passes and see what they're missing. There's no way of avoiding it when you exit T-7, as it's on the way to baggage claim.

I'm done traveling for the year, having re-qualified for 1K at the end of October, so unfortunately I will have to wait until January to experience what made the last 18 months or so in the dark, depressing C70 UC worth it.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
I was in the old club yesterday and asked when it will open and they told me Tuesday next week. The entrance to the new club is all glass and all passengers have to walk by on the way to the gates. It looks really nice. Entrance has the admission desk then escalators take you upstairs to the club.

That also said the Polaris club would be ready by spring 2017 in the old Global first club. They also said they would expand into the offices on the 2nd floor where the club is located.

She said United spent $55 million on the club, don't know how true that is.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by tapeguy

She said United spent $55 million on the club, don't know how true that is.
I can believe it. When UA still flew its DXB route they paid $6.43 for catering for each J pax & a bit over $7.00 for F (I can only assume it's around the same st other stations give or take a few percent do they have to put all that saved up cash somewhere

Keeping it all in perspective $6.43 per J pax on a 14 hour flight vs $8.00 per J pax which is what PIA paid for a 4 hour flight (with no alcohol)
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:16 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
To download high-resolution renderings of the new United Club at LAX, visit the airline's newsroom at
renderings are as useless as my glowing description of the ist lounge after getting blackout off the self pour and food coma/itus off eating a half dozen portions of manti

but can't wait to try this lounge, will perhaps save me a the walk to tbit...will there be a smokers patio?

Originally Posted by shaunco
looks as nice as lhr!!! now only if they cater it and have same (free, obviously) cocktail list as lhr. and those ubiquitous 64oz bottles of still + sparkling water that you + your squad can cop for your table. and showers.

but that terrace can compensate for some of this...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 3, 2016 at 1:21 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by cur

but can't wait to try this lounge, will perhaps save me a the walk to tbit...will there be a smokers patio?
no. LAX did away with them (had a perfectly good one at T6 which bothered no one but they closed it up anyway (I believe they just didn't want to clean it any longer)

.......however, I won't tell if u don't
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
no. LAX did away with them (had a perfectly good one at T6 which bothered no one but they closed it up anyway (I believe they just didn't want to clean it any longer)

.......however, I won't tell if u don't
That old outdoor patio in T6 is now a pet exercise area surrounded by giant no smoking signs. For longest time it was the door was just locked. Doesn't bother me anymore since i quit smoking 5 years ago.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by FL390
That old outdoor patio in T6 is now a pet exercise area surrounded by giant no smoking signs. For longest time it was the door was just locked. Doesn't bother me anymore since i quit smoking 5 years ago.
Unrelated to the topic of that thread, but as a cancer doc, ^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.