Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyksfo
.... Note that the original booking was using a corporate rate, and first regular FFC was also able to book on the corporate rate, but it seems impossible to book with the corporate rate with a residual FFC. Same issue happens in the United app. Does anyone know if this is possible or have any ideas to try? ....
The residual FFC is more like an ETC than the original FFC and it may not be coded for your corporate rate.
Try calling, see if they can apply or provide a better explanation.

Originally Posted by flyksfo
[1] Also worth noting there is some weirdness here. If I book using the standard rebooking flow I see all corporate rates, but if I click "advanced search" none of the rates are corporate and there is no checkbox for business travel.
Advance search is quirky and definitely has problems wit ETCs, Travel Bank, ... so not surprizing residual FFCs do not work either. Find you flights with Advance search (looking for upgrades?) and then go back with regular search to actually book knowing what flights your want.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:37 am

Corporate booking

Guys I’m guessing that cancellations on corporate bookings made with United would not get deposited into my travel bank right?

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys I’m guessing that cancellations on corporate bookings made with United would not get deposited into my travel bank right?
Only bookings made with travel bank funds are returned to the travel bank (only the travel bank funded portion)

Cancellations normally go to FFC although some corporations have ticketing arrangements preventing the traveler getting personal credit.
Don't think travelbank funds can be used for Business travel

United Corporate Leisure rate - United Corporate Direct - "Break from Business" are personal booking and follow the normal process

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 12, 2022 at 11:39 am Reason: Don't think travelbank funds can be used for Business travel
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:44 am

Will United be able to tell what booking arrangement is in place and if I’ll be getting FFC?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Will United be able to tell what booking arrangement is in place and if I’ll be getting FFC?
UA knows it is Business Travel booking and how it is handled depends on the arrangement UA has with your employeer. During purchase UA warns you
Please review/ensure that the credit card being used to purchase meets your corporate policy/guidelines.
Also, your employee is notified of "Business Travel" bookings you make

Are you thinking about using "Business Travel" option for a personal booking? Check with your employer if that is permitted.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Are people getting their negotiated corporate rates when selecting "Business travel" on united.com? When I select "Business travel", prices are exactly the same as if I am logged out and are much higher than the ones found on my company's travel portal.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works for me. You might want to contact United Corporate Direct for assistance if there's a disparity.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
Works for me. You might want to contact United Corporate Direct for assistance if there's a disparity.
I scrolled up to older posts and saw that people have a "Corporate travel" option in the app. I only have two options: "Regular or award travel" and "Break from Business discount". Can you see the "Corporate travel" option?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by leftysauce
I scrolled up to older posts and saw that people have a "Corporate travel" option in the app. I only have two options: "Regular or award travel" and "Break from Business discount". Can you see the "Corporate travel" option?
Does your employee allow you to book directly with UA or require their travel portal?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
My company requires me to book airfare through my corporate travel agent with a corporate card pre-attached. On united.com I see two options - Regular/Award and Break from Business. I use Regular/Award for award travel only. I use Break from Business for personal non-work travel I book and pay for myself.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
On the website I have two options when booking under "Choose your program" (next to class of service) - either "Personal" or "Business". I am not eligible for the Break from Business discount and on the app I only have the Regular or award travel option.

The Business program option on the website is linked to my corporate travel with my company because I entered my United MP # in my concur profile, however my company requires I book through Concur so I've never actually used this functionality and don't know if the fares would mirror what I book through Concur.

Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Does your employee allow you to book directly with UA or require their travel portal?
You are right. I emailed UCD helpdesk and was told my company requires all booking be made through our travel portal. Selecting "Business travel" will have no effect and no discount applied, even though the banner still says discounts applied. smh
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
"Corporate Fare" on United.com?

Just went to search flights on United for a personal trip and found a message "Discount Applied for [My Company]", and all listed fares are Corporate Fares. I have been with my company for a long time and have also had my MP account linked through Concur, and this has never happened, so something has changed either on my company's end or on United's end.

Questions:
  • Is this a United change, or did my company and/or Concur change something?
  • Is it OK to book these rates for personal travel, or is that down to my company's policies?
  • Is it possible to remove this discount from my search? Even if it is OK to book these rates for personal travel, I would like to be able to see what the discount is doing to the price/fare class vs. a "regular" search
Old Feb 18, 2023, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jm0933
Just went to search flights on United for a personal trip and found a message "Discount Applied for [My Company]", and all listed fares are Corporate Fares. I have been with my company for a long time and have also had my MP account linked through Concur, and this has never happened, so something has changed either on my company's end or on United's end.

Questions:
  • Is this a United change, or did my company and/or Concur change something?
  • Is it OK to book these rates for personal travel, or is that down to my company's policies?
  • Is it possible to remove this discount from my search? Even if it is OK to book these rates for personal travel, I would like to be able to see what the discount is doing to the price/fare class vs. a "regular" search
1 - Must be a Concur change; I’ve seen them for years.
2 - Likely not, but it depends upon your company’s specific contract. You may get the Break for Business fare instead, which will appear for personal travel as long as you’re one of the travelers.
3 - Search without being logged in, or search with the Corporate checkbox disabled (which may result in Break for Business fares).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
... 2 - Likely not, but it depends upon your company’s specific contract. You may get the Break for Business fare instead, which will appear for personal travel as long as you’re one of the travelers. ...
United Corporate Leisure rate - United Corporate Direct - "Break from Business"
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.