Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Has anyone used this function and then upfared separately? If so, does it show up on your concur reservation?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
united.com Knows Where I Work?

I expect that this has been addressed elsewhere, but I only just noticed this ...

I went to make a dummy booking trying to force a BE fare (so that I know how to avoid doing so unintentionally; I'm still working on that part). After having logged in to my UA account, I went to the Advanced Search page and noticed the option to indicate this as a 'Corporate booking'. The option was labeled 'Corporate booking (xxxxx), where xxxxx is my place of employment.

I assume that I'm late to the party and that others have noticed this by now. Does anyone know how united.com is doing this? I don't see my employer listed anywhere in my profile (though perhaps I should look closer). Maybe it recognizes our IP addresses? Or perhaps it's because Travel has booked me on UA before?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
United recently added this feature (~some months ago). They know who you are usually because your employer has provided them with your MP account number, usually because you entered it in your travel portal and clicked some opt-in button. This will allow you to book the corporate discount fares via .com directly, subject to your travel policy.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by findark
United recently added this feature (~some months ago). They know who you are usually because your employer has provided them with your MP account number, usually because you entered it in your travel portal and clicked some opt-in button.
@:-) And I just changed some setting in my Concur profile (i.e. opted in, but I didn't quite understand the scope of that opt-in). That's probably why I'm only just now seeing this! Thanks for the quick response.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iapetus
@:-) And I just changed some setting in my Concur profile (i.e. opted in, but I didn't quite understand the scope of that opt-in). That's probably why I'm only just now seeing this! Thanks for the quick response.
guess my company does not support this (yet).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:24 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Issues Booking via Corporate Booking Tool & Getting Flight / Upgrade Notifications

I now have to book all travel via my company's corporate travel tool, Concur. My reservations show immediately on United.com and I can select seats, make changes, etc., however I no longer receive CPU notifications. Has anybody experienced this and is there a fix?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by In The 216
I now have to book all travel via my company's corporate travel tool, Concur. My reservations show immediately on United.com and I can select seats, make changes, etc., however I no longer receive CPU notifications. Has anybody experienced this and is there a fix?
This is the default behavior - the notifications are probably going to your travel agent's e-mail. I'm not aware of a quick fix.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:31 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by findark
This is the default behavior - the notifications are probably going to your travel agent's e-mail. I'm not aware of a quick fix.
I assumed that this was the case but what didn't make sense to me was that I still receive reservation related emails from United (ship your bags, entertainment options, buy PQM's, etc.).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I get notifications via Concur 'a minor change has been made to your itinerary' 'upgraded to business class' 100% of the time. Better than UAs < 50%.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:49 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Originally Posted by cfischer
I get notifications via Concur 'a minor change has been made to your itinerary' 'upgraded to business class' 100% of the time. Better than UAs < 50%.
My experience is the exact opposite. I received immediate emails 100% of the time when I booked directly with United. I get emails from Travel Leaders/Concur once a day with any changes.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I book via UA.sux and don't get CPU notifications either.

I get 100% of the stupid pre-flight IFE&C emails.

If only I could switch the two!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
Perhaps I misunderstand the situation, but any notifications (e.g., CPU notices) related to my flights booked through Concur still get sent to my personal e-mail address.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:58 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Originally Posted by BasedinCLE
Perhaps I misunderstand the situation, but any notifications (e.g., CPU notices) related to my flights booked through Concur still get sent to my personal e-mail address.
Not mine. Very strange indeed. I wish I understood. I still receive CPU notification emails on trips I book for personal travel directly via United.com
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by In The 216
Not mine. Very strange indeed. I wish I understood. I still receive CPU notification emails on trips I book for personal travel directly via United.com
any chance you have an underscore in your email? I do in my personal email address, and it completely screws up United emails. I stopped getting receipts and itineraries at one point. Tried explaining it to 1KVoice and Web support, but they never understood. Was easier to just use my corporate non-underscore email.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We book through AMEX and also get these change notifications when the upgrade occurs - then I go to UA and select my seat (as a lot of the time either no seat is assigned or your preference is not preserved).

On work bookings, I never get any upgrade notification from UA. However, I do get the Check-In text (it broke for a while but seems OK now) and flight delay texts from UA.

On personal PNRs, I get the upgrade notification from UA.

My guess is some operations use the information on your MP account while others use the information in the PNR. I see my personal e-mail in the PNR but not my work e-mail. Yet, I see my work mobile phone in the PNR and not the personal phone.

If you can convince an agent to print out the PNR, you can compare the differences. I don't think they are allowed to do that anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.