Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:23 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
It indicates that your husband has activated Concur integration through his corporate travel portal. To get rid of it, he'll need to log into corporate travel, find the integration with United, and remove it. I haven't found a way to keep the integration but default it to unchecked.
Thanks for this. Mr. Ericka started a new job. I had to look up what Concur was...thankfully it doesnt look like they keep our airline miles. Lets hope it doesnt make the booking process too restrictive!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just activated my concur account at my new job. What's odd is for us at least is that I'm pretty sure Delta is our preferred carrier, and we don't have any special rates with united, at least that I can see. All rates are identical on united (when I select business travel vs not doing that). It seems more to be a blanket function of what programs you link with concur rather then your specific company.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:40 am

United app asking personal travel or corporate travel for revenue booking

Maybe I missed it but since the last update on iOS (or maybe a while ago since I book award ticket online and the option doesnt appear for that), Ive been asked to click personal travel or corporate rate when booking on the United app. Not sure if our company somehow linked my account to my mileage plus account but the fare for the same flights are cheaper when I click corporate versus personal travel (app only). Anyone experience this?

Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by myperks
Maybe I missed it but since the last update on iOS (or maybe a while ago since I book award ticket online and the option doesnt appear for that), Ive been asked to click personal travel or corporate rate when booking on the United app. Not sure if our company somehow linked my account to my mileage plus account but the fare for the same flights are cheaper when I click corporate versus personal travel (app only). Anyone experience this?

Wow!

is this only on the app? I use the web to book flights as visibility of alternative and sorting low to high is easier for me.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
I have this too. Also on the website there is a checkbox for business travel which if selected will only allow me to buy a ticket for 1 traveler.

i think it has something to do with linking to my MileagePlus account in Concur
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's not an uncommon question to add more data on everyone and everything. Hertz requires it, too.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by swiftaw
I have this too. Also on the website there is a checkbox for business travel which if selected will only allow me to buy a ticket for 1 traveler.

i think it has something to do with linking to my MileagePlus account in Concur
so whats the consensus? Remove the link or doesnt matter?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's caused by your MP account being linked in Concur. If you book with the corporate rate, it bypasses the backing TA but will auto-sync to Concur and otherwise counts as a corporate-rate ticket.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
It's caused by your MP account being linked in Concur. If you book with the corporate rate, it bypasses the backing TA but will auto-sync to Concur and otherwise counts as a corporate-rate ticket.
worth trying that ... might get me into trouble, but hey
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
This sounds pretty cool. My company requires us to either book Delta or book the least-cost logical fare, and where I fly out of that's usually UA, so I would like being able to shortcut Concur a little bit. I do not enjoy their interface for booking flights.

Would this have the added benefit of allowing you to get the $5 Travelbank credit for booking directly with United? Or do you get that when booking via Concur as well? I thought you didn't qualify when booking on Concur, but looking at my Travelbank balance right now, it's higher than I can explain via personal travel alone.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
worth trying that ... might get me into trouble, but hey
my company has been fine with it. It by-passes the worthless (to me) TA ticketing fee our backend agents charge (even if I book through Concur). Our TA also charges after-hours and weekend fees. With status, I can get a UA agent on the phone quicker, and for free. Thats been the biggest benefit to me.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jm0933
Would this have the added benefit of allowing you to get the $5 Travelbank credit for booking directly with United? Or do you get that when booking via Concur as well? I thought you didn't qualify when booking on Concur, but looking at my Travelbank balance right now, it's higher than I can explain via personal travel alone.
Pretty sure the answer is yes, but no for flights booked directly in Concur. The benefit is that it saves your company the agency ticketing fee since it counts as directly ticketed by United, but for more bureaucratic employers it may not be permitted since it doesn't have all the rules checks that Concur supports.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS
Has anyone successfully changed one of these tickets booked through United.com without working through your corporate travel agent? Every time I try to make a change to a ticket booked via this method it quotes me full fare. For example, we get cheap Z or P fares, but when I change it it always quotes me a change fee plus the full fare. No longer get the corporate discounts
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by villox
Has anyone successfully changed one of these tickets booked through United.com without working through your corporate travel agent? Every time I try to make a change to a ticket booked via this method it quotes me full fare. For example, we get cheap Z or P fares, but when I change it it always quotes me a change fee plus the full fare. No longer get the corporate discounts
Posting this here in case anyone else finds it useful. This was harder than I expected....

So I had a trip booked using this corporate-linked feature that I needed to cancel. For that it all worked normally, but it was a non-refundable fare that I needed to apply to a future reservation (it frankly wouldn't have mattered if it wasn't this way, as even a simple change was no longer providing corporate rates). My first attempt at calling the GS desk failed and he told me I should go through my corporate agent (I didn't even try this because it was booked directly through United and other than being linked via Concur I didn't think they'd be able to do anything with it as I'd bought it on a corporate credit card.

I priced out a NEW ticket online for what I wanted using my corporate fare, and on the payment screen selected "pay in cash at an airport ticket office". This stored the fare pricing and the PNR. I then called the GS desk (YMMV with a lesser skilled agent). She was able to pull over the fare pricing and flights from this new reservation into the old canceled reservation and price it out using that. As a bonus, the old fare had a $300 change fee, and the new one was refundable without a change fee, so she waived it as it was 'buying up'. .
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Ive found this feature very flaky lately. It keeps disconnecting and then getting re-establishes later. Meaning sometimes I see the corporate booking option and sometimes I dont. Anyone else having this issue or is it something with my employer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.