Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I've only gotten one CPU notification in the past year. And I get upgraded about 50% of the time these days, and usually at t-96. Booking through concur.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
We use Egencia and it works pretty well - get an instant email saying my class of service has changed.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:33 am
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
any chance you have an underscore in your email? I do in my personal email address, and it completely screws up United emails. I stopped getting receipts and itineraries at one point. Tried explaining it to 1KVoice and Web support, but they never understood. Was easier to just use my corporate non-underscore email.
I do not have an underscore in my email address.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by In The 216
I do not have an underscore in my email address.
Ah well, was worth a try!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I am just now noticing the option as well. And I see in my Concur profile, United is one of the Concur Connect options linked. It is labeled as "United Airlines - PRODUCTION". I thought this could be a cool enhancement, but if I go through the steps to book a ticket through the Corporate Booking, it only gives me my credit cards as an option. For that reason, I think I have to continue using Concur since flight bookings must be on our travel agency card.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by JC5280
I am just now noticing the option as well. And I see in my Concur profile, United is one of the Concur Connect options linked. It is labeled as "United Airlines - PRODUCTION". I thought this could be a cool enhancement, but if I go through the steps to book a ticket through the Corporate Booking, it only gives me my credit cards as an option. For that reason, I think I have to continue using Concur since flight bookings must be on our travel agency card.
Same here. I'm not really sure what the point of corporate booking through United is other than it's a better search engine than Concur. I did once use it to get the corporate rate for a personal ticket by putting it on a personal card but not sure if that's considered valid.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Another one here. Corporate fares seem to be slightly cheaper.

I haven't seen anything from our travel department about this. We use Concur but aren't required to book through it if we follow policy on our own (well, that and I've never once heard of anyone actually getting an expense rejected).

Since I always end up on United anyways it's nice not to need to go through Concur for bookings.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by villox
Same here. I'm not really sure what the point of corporate booking through United is other than it's a better search engine than Concur. I did once use it to get the corporate rate for a personal ticket by putting it on a personal card but not sure if that's considered valid.
United.com is a much better search engine than Concur. That's what I use it for (I can expense tickets on a personal card).
Miggles likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
United.com is a much better search engine than Concur. That's what I use it for (I can expense tickets on a personal card).
huh ... not in my books. Many things wrong with Concur, but no way better then United.com
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cfischer
huh ... not in my books. Many things wrong with Concur, but no way better then United.com
Perhaps better worded as.. if I already know what I want to book, it's much easier to make ua.com give it to me than Concur. At least that's my experience. Actual searches I always do on ITA or Google Flights map.
Miggles likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The website suddenly started showing me corporate rates when I'm logged in to my MP account. I'm not allowed to use those rates for personal travel and all my work travel is booked through our internal travel agents, so I'd like to be able to turn it off, but there doesn't seem to be a switch anywhere (or it's well hidden). I emailed UA about it, but I suspect they're doing something funny with our work system and Concur that will make this a recurring problem...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:04 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chrisl137
The website suddenly started showing me corporate rates when I'm logged in to my MP account. I'm not allowed to use those rates for personal travel and all my work travel is booked through our internal travel agents, so I'd like to be able to turn it off, but there doesn't seem to be a switch anywhere (or it's well hidden). I emailed UA about it, but I suspect they're doing something funny with our work system and Concur that will make this a recurring problem...
Advice from others
Originally Posted by miasmal
Originally Posted by villox
To be very specific, you don't need to remove your MP number from your profile. I successfully turned this off by going to my Profile - on the Left, under Other Settings, I went to Concur Connect, and revoked access to United.
Thanks - For my Concur - upper right, System Settings, Revoke Access to United. Applied setting effective immediately.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I have found that if I do corporate search and get corporate rate results, I can get the non-corporate rates by adding "&CB=1" at the end of the results URL. YMMV.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:42 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
In Book Travel...Why is the “corporate booking” box checked after I log into my husband’s account? How do I turn that off? Just started a few days ago.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ericka
In Book Travel...Why is the “corporate booking” box checked after I log into my husband’s account? How do I turn that off? Just started a few days ago.
It indicates that your husband has activated Concur integration through his corporate travel portal. To get rid of it, he'll need to log into corporate travel, find the integration with United, and remove it. I haven't found a way to keep the integration but default it to unchecked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.