Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
1 - Must be a Concur change; Iíve seen them for years.
2 - Likely not, but it depends upon your companyís specific contract. You may get the Break for Business fare instead, which will appear for personal travel as long as youíre one of the travelers.
3 - Search without being logged in, or search with the Corporate checkbox disabled (which may result in Break for Business fares).

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I was not seeing the drop down for business/personal yesterday. Searching personal does result in Break from Business fares. I was aware United had this program but it is not something I've ever had access to with my company, so I'm guessing something in their contract changed this year, or this was previously disabled in error through Concur. I also see I have the business/personal option on Delta now.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Hi All, I've noticed for a couple of months now that the "Corporate Fare" option seems to be gone from my united.com. When I load the Advanced Search page this appears for a split second (I had to be FAST with the PrtSc key!)...

Then a split second later the option disappears and is replaced with this:

The corporate booking option used to "stay" in place, so I could tick "Yes" and book corporate fares (which were used for business travel!), but for the last few months, it comes up and then almost immediately disappears to be replaced with the "Show price in money/miles" option.

I can still seem to get the option to come up the app, which is good because I've found there are times when it's advantageous to book via my corporate agreement.

Some Additional info:
  • My company uses Concur but it's only used for expense claims; there are no rules about where you can book something as long as it's within policy (and I've never known anyone to abuse it for that matter).
  • I voluntarily connected my United account to my Concur account quite a few years ago, and I'm not sure if that's when the Corporate Booking option started appearing.
  • The corporate booking option has been helpful in the past as when the box is ticked, United.com will give some fares that don't show up when it's NOT ticked.
  • To be clear, I am unaware if my company has any agreement with United or not. We don't have much of a central travel procurement group, and the fares that come up under the corporate options don't seem to be much cheaper in my experience (if at all). But UA.com shows more options, which is why I like it.
Is anyone else having this issue? Any tips to get the corporate button back? I can book on the app but would prefer to book on my PC.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Hi All, I've noticed for a couple of months now that the "Corporate Fare" option seems to be gone from my united.com. When I load the Advanced Search page this appears for a split second (I had to be FAST with the PrtSc key!)...

Then a split second later the option disappears and is replaced with this:

The corporate booking option used to "stay" in place, so I could tick "Yes" and book corporate fares (which were used for business travel!), but for the last few months, it comes up and then almost immediately disappears to be replaced with the "Show price in money/miles" option.

I can still seem to get the option to come up the app, which is good because I've found there are times when it's advantageous to book via my corporate agreement.

Some Additional info:
  • My company uses Concur but it's only used for expense claims; there are no rules about where you can book something as long as it's within policy (and I've never known anyone to abuse it for that matter).
  • I voluntarily connected my United account to my Concur account quite a few years ago, and I'm not sure if that's when the Corporate Booking option started appearing.
  • The corporate booking option has been helpful in the past as when the box is ticked, United.com will give some fares that don't show up when it's NOT ticked.
  • To be clear, I am unaware if my company has any agreement with United or not. We don't have much of a central travel procurement group, and the fares that come up under the corporate options don't seem to be much cheaper in my experience (if at all). But UA.com shows more options, which is why I like it.
Is anyone else having this issue? Any tips to get the corporate button back? I can book on the app but would prefer to book on my PC.
At least at my company the link is managed via Concur. Iíve heard from others that the link can occasionally break. Removing your MP number from Concur for 24 hours and then re-adding it (and then waiting another 24 hours) has worked for others at my company.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Business account?

Something new on united.com today..... The ability to choose between personal and business travel.... also says that my MP is associated with a business account.

What is this?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Do you (or your company) have a PassPlus contract?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I know that Concur has a backend integration with United to allow you to connect your UA account, then book business flights using the UA booking engine. For us, it is a choice in Concur to connect our UA MP account to enable this choice. There may be other use cases where your company does this mapping, or United does it for corporate accounts (or PassPlus account).
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by tods27
I know that Concur has a backend integration with United to allow you to connect your UA account, then book business flights using the UA booking engine. For us, it is a choice in Concur to connect our UA MP account to enable this choice. There may be other use cases where your company does this mapping, or United does it for corporate accounts (or PassPlus account).
We use concur and I know there has to be something happening on the back end. Sometimes when I have booked travel on UA.com for 100% personal travel, appears on my expense report.

I just want to make sure this "new feature" does not impact my personal travel, MP status, etc etc etc.

One thing I noticed is that when "business travel" is selected, you cant search for PP upgrade availability. Also, when I check "Personal travel" it states that it is a "break from business" fare and that I must be traveling.

What is all of this??
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by avi8tir
We use concur and I know there has to be something happening on the back end. Sometimes when I have booked travel on UA.com for 100% personal travel, appears on my expense report.

I just want to make sure this "new feature" does not impact my personal travel, MP status, etc etc etc.

One thing I noticed is that when "business travel" is selected, you cant search for PP upgrade availability. Also, when I check "Personal travel" it states that it is a "break from business" fare and that I must be traveling.

What is all of this??
These issues are why I haven't connected Concur and my United account. You might be able to disconnect this in Concur. The whole idea with the Concur connection is that your business policies can be applied when you book directly with United (instead of using Concur). It doesn't seem like it is working properly if your "Personal Travel" is showing up in your expense reports.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by tods27
These issues are why I haven't connected Concur and my United account. You might be able to disconnect this in Concur. The whole idea with the Concur connection is that your business policies can be applied when you book directly with United (instead of using Concur). It doesn't seem like it is working properly if your "Personal Travel" is showing up in your expense reports.
Assume if I take my MP number out of concur, I just add it to the record once I book something for biz travel. Any issue or risk in doing that?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:11 pm

Assume if I take my MP number out of concur, I just add it to the record once I book something for biz travel. Any issue or risk in doing that?
I don't think that is the way that this connection works. In Concur, there are "Partner Apps" that you need to activate. Just having your MP number in Concur doesn't trigger that behavior for my company. I've had it in Concur for years and don't see the "Business" choice in the UA app or website. I believe that integration is a fairly new option (maybe earlier this year?). If you go into Concur, there is a "Partner Apps" section and you can see what connections you have enabled. You are supposed to be able to disable the connection, but I can't find where. The only connection I have enabled is Uber, and when I open that section of the site, there is no "disconnect" button.
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... I just want to make sure this "new feature" does not impact my personal travel, MP status, etc etc etc.
No negative impact on earnings

....One thing I noticed is that when "business travel" is selected, you cant search for PP upgrade availability. Also, when I check "Personal travel" it states that it is a "break from business" fare and that I must be traveling.

What is all of this??
United Corporate Leisure rate - United Corporate Direct - "Break from Business"

a couple of things
- When selecting Business it will enforce some rules based on your business. Such as no companions
- Break from Business discount varies and is not huge but companions allowed
- If you want the business not to know about your personal travel, do not log in, search and then when ready to enter travelers, log in
- FFC from personal travel are not access when booking business and vice versus
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Break from Business has less search flexibility in the app (like changing dates on the page where flight options are shown)

So I typically dial in the itinerary I want using personal, then do a quick price check using BfB option. For multiple travelers the net savings is noticeable.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
My companyís rate option started appearing a few weeks ago. We donít use Concur. We do have a large account with UA, however.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 9:02 am

I cannot get this to go away on UA.com.... I have done all the steps mentioned in the this thread to break the connection between concur and United.... everything short of removing my UA number from concur.

Any ideas? I hate having anything related to my work having any visibility of my personal things.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
- FFC from personal travel are not access when booking business and vice versus
This part seems broken for the last few months. I have a few business FFC that are not accessible when booking business flights, only accessible from personal flights. Reported it to my corporate travel team and United says theyíre working on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.