Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Corporate booking option on United.com & UA App

Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
App asking personal or Corporate travel

What is this sorcery?

i also noticed a slide button online that said “business”. Is UA trying to track business flights or what?

Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Bet it's new mobile functionality that's same as web has been for ages. If your MP number is tied to a corporate account (for corporate discount and policy, etc.), you will get this option when booking.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Do you have Concur? Concur automatically links to UA if your company has corporate rates via your MP #
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
i also noticed a slide button online that said “business”. Is UA trying to track business flights or what?
Your employer / corporate travel agency requested / activated this
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Bet it's new mobile functionality that's same as web has been for ages...
Been available in the app for some since at least late 2018.
BThumme likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Is UA trying to track business flights or what?
No, your employer is. It will book at corporate rates.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Bet it's new mobile functionality that's same as web has been for ages. If your MP number is tied to a corporate account (for corporate discount and policy, etc.), you will get this option when booking.
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Do you have Concur? Concur automatically links to UA if your company has corporate rates via your MP #
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Your employer / corporate travel agency requested / activated this
Originally Posted by findark
No, your employer is. It will book at corporate rates.

We are small, we don't have a travel section, we don't use any type of concur or whatever. I just make my own arrangements.

Also, I only see the option on the home page united.com when i try and book there, when i go to "Advanced" to do a multi city, I don't see any business or personal option....

is there a way to tell what you are using?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 3, 2020 at 3:10 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
We are small, we don't have a travel section, we don't use any type of concur or whatever. I just make my own arrangements. ....
As far as I know, this is a feature liked to Concur
to disable in Concur
Originally Posted by villox
To be very specific, you don't need to remove your MP number from your profile. I successfully turned this off by going to my Profile - on the Left, under Other Settings, I went to Concur Connect, and revoked access to United.
But if you are not a Concur user, something may be messed up.

Best to call UA to see if they can figure it out --- ask for Web Support
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA GS
As far as I know, this is a feature liked to Concur
to disable in Concur

But if you are not a Concur user, something may be messed up.

Best to call UA to see if they can figure it out --- ask for Web Support
This also shows up for me on the app and also seems to be checked by default when I visit the website. I was so confused because the "award travel" box was grayed out on the website until I unchecked this "business travel" box. I was ready to accuse UA of pausing award travel bookings! I don't have any type of Concur account nor did I do anything to cause this option to appear. Must be something UA is doing on their side.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by qwicker
I don't have any type of Concur account nor did I do anything to cause this option to appear. Must be something UA is doing on their side.
Are you getting different airfares on corporate versus personal being checked? Or, are they always the same?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA GS
Are you getting different airfares on corporate versus personal being checked? Or, are they always the same?
Actually yes! What's even stranger is the flight schedules are different. Probably an IT problem.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by qwicker
Actually yes! What's even stranger is the flight schedules are different. Probably an IT problem.
Well - if you don't have any corporate rates and you and your employer don't use Concur Travel and Expense - I would delete the UA app - and reinstall.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
This popped into my UA app today also. I know we use concur for corporate travel, but I’m not very familiar with it because I don’t book my own travel and most of it is on DL anyways. Any benefit to my leisure travel on UA from this addition? Can I access corporate discounts for personal travel?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by EWRSNA
This popped into my UA app today also. I know we use concur for corporate travel, but I’m not very familiar with it because I don’t book my own travel and most of it is on DL anyways. Any benefit to my leisure travel on UA from this addition? Can I access corporate discounts for personal travel?

Thanks
You can - but more likely or not your company would prohibit that - and when you book with a corporate rate even in the app the company will know about it - it'll show up on your trips in Concur and likely be routed for approval
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Fascinating, I get it on the web but not on my app. Go figure.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Well - if you don't have any corporate rates and you and your employer don't use Concur Travel and Expense - I would delete the UA app - and reinstall.
Or gamble and book the lower rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.