Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

Seat Map ORD-HNL 777-200

I tried to check seatguru for this question, but they don't seem to have the exact configuration of the 777-200 that flies ORD-HNL.
According to the United seatmap, there are two rows of only 2 seats at the window in rows 39-40. 39 is E+, but 40 is reg. economy.
The two seats in 40 seem pretty good for regular economy. Is there anything I should know about them that might be bad? I do see they are near the lavatories, but I guess I'm
willing to put up with that.
Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by physics
According to the United seatmap, there are two rows of only 2 seats at the window in rows 39-40. 39 is E+, but 40 is reg. economy. ...
UA list two 772 versions used for Hawaii
2 windows seat version for row 39-40
and
3 windows seat version for row 39-40 but 2 window side seats for Row 37
See the United or the thread's wiki

A problem is you will not know for sure until you board which aircraft you have. You will have a pretty good idea a few days before departure, but it can change even at that point (low chance but still possible)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta, United, American
Anyone actually seen row 40 on V.4?

Originally Posted by physics
I tried to check seatguru for this question, but they don't seem to have the exact configuration of the 777-200 that flies ORD-HNL.
According to the United seatmap, there are two rows of only 2 seats at the window in rows 39-40. 39 is E+, but 40 is reg. economy.
The two seats in 40 seem pretty good for regular economy. Is there anything I should know about them that might be bad? I do see they are near the lavatories, but I guess I'm
willing to put up with that.
Thanks!
Realize plane swaps happen all the time... but more wondering if we did get version 4... if these 2 side seats in row 40 A/B or K/L are good choices for a regular econ seat? Any idea why the aisle seats (C and J) were removed in row 40? Do the bathroom doors open from the side (right by row 39) or in the middle of the pass-through? If you wanted 2 together... would back of the bus be better than these 2 seats? Thx for sorry for so many questions in one post....
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by clintonuws
Realize plane swaps happen all the time... but more wondering if we did get version 4... if these 2 side seats in row 40 A/B or K/L are good choices for a regular econ seat? Any idea why the aisle seats (C and J) were removed in row 40? Do the bathroom doors open from the side (right by row 39) or in the middle of the pass-through? If you wanted 2 together... would back of the bus be better than these 2 seats? Thx for sorry for so many questions in one post....
I generally try to avoid being the first row of E- behind E+. This is because the E+ seat has a bit more of a recline than a E- seat so it would have less space than a normal E- seat if the person in front of you decides to get more comfortable. I haven't flown the 772 yet, but of the reviews I have been seeing a lot of people favor the 2 seaters in the back starting at row 48. Row 48 being a big crowd pleaser due to the extra tray table and seat back pocket for storage.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG, American Advantage
Traveling in F on a 777-200 between SFO and ORD and was looking for a little guidance on seating. I currently have 4 A/B. I have a tight connect in ORD, and was trying to learn whether F de-planes between F and Y+ — in which case 4 A/B is probably helpful— or whether the front exit is used in ORD, in which case I’d likely move further front. Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LosFeliz
Does anyone have any experience with 39A or 39L on the new 3-4-3 777-200 high density? Is there a window or not? Does the slide really protrude? UA shows seat maps show only A/B and K/L while seatguru shows A/B/C and J/K/L...does anyone know if it is in fact 2?
Originally Posted by pbartp
Thanks JAaronT. Is this on config where there are only 2 seats 39AB and 39KL in that row? I'm currently on this a/c for a short red eye from LAX-EWR and am in 17A, but 17BC are also taken. Thinking I should swap out for 39B which is open. After takeoff I can place my carryon in front of me for a foot rest.
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Don't do it. They'll inevitably swap the config and you'll be stuck in a middle seat.
So, if one picks 39A or 39L, does it matter which version of the 772 HD is used? Main concern is the slide taking leg space. Secondary desire is window.

Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA
No it doesn’t matter because you will have window either way.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by japhen
Traveling in F on a 777-200 between SFO and ORD and was looking for a little guidance on seating. I currently have 4 A/B. I have a tight connect in ORD, and was trying to learn whether F de-planes between F and Y+ — in which case 4 A/B is probably helpful— or whether the front exit is used in ORD, in which case I’d likely move further front. Thank you.
I have not been to ORD in some time now and never flown the 772 HD from/to ORD. However from my experience the 772 HD boards from door 2 at LAX/DEN/EWR/SFO. 4A is my preferred seat on the airplane. The bigger issue is boarding middle or end of the J cabin pack and having to store your luggage further forward in the aircraft, requiring swimming upstream to collect it upon arrival. If trying to make a quick exit, board sooner rather than later.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbartp
No it doesn’t matter because you will have window either way.
Thanks. How about the slide getting in the way for the window seats in row 39?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

I have not been to ORD in some time now and never flown the 772 HD from/to ORD. However from my experience the 772 HD boards from door 2 at LAX/DEN/EWR/SFO. 4A is my preferred seat on the airplane. The bigger issue is boarding middle or end of the J cabin pack and having to store your luggage further forward in the aircraft, requiring swimming upstream to collect it upon arrival. If trying to make a quick exit, board sooner rather than later.
Usually right but you really can't predict much. I've boarded and deboarded from 1L and 2L on the 772HD across essentially every hub. I'd stick with 4AB: it won't be hard to make a beeline for 1L from the correct side of the plane in the event that does happen.

Originally Posted by username
Thanks. How about the slide getting in the way for the window seats in row 39?
Pretty sure no meaningful difference. Full disclosure, I've never sat in 39AL on a real flight, but I've looked around two dead-in-Y 772HDs, one with 3 in 39 and one with 2. The windows looked identical in both cases.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: UA Gold
How is 4B or 4K? My EWR to SFO got swapped from 752 to 772HD. trying to choose between 2K or 4B/4K...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skgolf91
How is 4B or 4K? My EWR to SFO got swapped from 752 to 772HD. trying to choose between 2K or 4B/4K...
Not a huge difference, but I'd take row 2 to be farther from the lavs and Y cabin.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by skgolf91
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not a huge difference, but I'd take row 2 to be farther from the lavs and Y cabin.
I would take 4B. It's as private an aisle you're going to get, and the row is offset with the galley wall across from you so it feels secluded. The mid galley is not used during the flight which cuts down on the traffic. Although there will be bathroom traffic, I've never smelled or heard anything. 2K will feel exposed and you'll be staring directly at 2G. Y cabin proximity is not an issue, with a galley and boarding door between the cabins. As a final bonus, being across cabin from the active front galley also reduces traffic.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Mar 22, 2018 at 1:38 am
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
Thanks for the rec.. Not that it matters really but my friend is on the same flight sitting in 17C so i can bring him drinks if he wants. haha

I'm hoping it'll swap back to 752 since there is a lot of time left(mid-June flight).

Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

I would take 4B. It's as private an aisle you're going to get, and the row is offset with the galley wall across from you so it feels secluded. The mid galley is not used during the flight which cuts down on the traffic. Although there will be bathroom traffic, I've never smelled or heard anything. 2K will feel exposed and you'll be staring directly at 2G. Y cabin proximity is not an issue, with a galley and boarding door between the cabins. As a final bonus, being across cabin from the active front galley also reduces traffic.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:50 pm

Got 4 of us going hnl-sfo on this...how is the leg room on row 40? Seat guru says that row 49/50 are roomy too. Anyone have any thoughts on those? I am 6'4 so legroom is my biggest concern. Platinum though, so can confirm E+. But traveling with kids so exit rows out of the question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.