Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWG
UA 769: ORD-SFO, 777v5 review

Online link to photos: https://goo.gl/photos/WxdZGcttmMdXiEQ47

thanks for the excellent photos!

if I pick 17A or 17L (first row exit window), will my feet hit the emergency slide on the doors?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:36 am

Since it's been a year since this question was last asked... I'm booking SFO-ORD and see this config in the seatmap for a friday night red-eye. Will I get lucky and actually get this config? Looking forward to the lie-flat for sleeping.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:08 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zhangg
Since it's been a year since this question was last asked... I'm booking SFO-ORD and see this config in the seatmap for a friday night red-eye. Will I get lucky and actually get this config? Looking forward to the lie-flat for sleeping.
Of the domestic 772s, more than half have been converted to lie-flat and should be 100% by June. So depending on when the flight is, the odds are getting better with time.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by zhangg
Generally speaking yes. UA only loads the 77G seatmap if they're relatively confident a 77G will fly.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:00 pm

Does 17A/17L have full access to the aisle, and full legroom (i.e. evac slide doesn't protrude)? If so, that might seem like the best least bad seat in E. Otherwise 17C/17J seem okay. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by sincx; Apr 1, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sincx
Does 17A/17L have full access to the aisle, and full legroom (i.e. evac slide doesn't protrude)? If so, that might seem like the best least bad seat in E. Otherwise 17C/17J seem okay. Anyone have any thoughts?
Having sat in 17A on a SFO-BOS 77G flight, I didn't have a problem exiting out of my seat and did not have any unintended interactions with my 17B or 17C seat mates. What I did like was that there is a side wall vent at foot / floor level that pumps out warm air - which is important being right next to a door.

David

Last edited by DELee; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:51 pm

I'm flying this plane in July from LAX to EWR redeye and I'm curious if 1 AB rear-facing or 4 AB forward facing is better. Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Hungry Dingo
I'm flying this plane in July from LAX to EWR redeye and I'm curious if 1 AB rear-facing or 4 AB forward facing is better. Thanks in advance...
It's simply a matter of personal preference. It's not like the PMCO seats, in which bulkheads have a noticeably more spacious footwell. PMUA row 1 and 4 seats are essentially identical, but rotated 180. I happen to enjoy the novelty of the rear-facing seats, but some find the motion at take-off and landing unnerving.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:35 am

Rows 48-50?

What are people's thoughts on the outside seats in rows 48-50? Travelling from IAH-HNL with family. Really don't want to spend $1000 to upgrade to economy plus I know it is in the back of the plane, but 2-4-2 seems nice? Or am i a fool? Travelling with 6 and 8 year old and wife.

Thank you!
Old May 4, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Hungry Dingo
I'm flying ord-sfo in 2 weeks in 1K, ill let you know what i think about it after arrival.

***UPDATE***

No problem, im in 1L not 1k but same thing. I was debating on aisle or window but stuck the window out. Was hoping for a FWD facing seat but the only left at time of booking were the 4 across in the middle and do not want those.

I did have a rear facing seat last month ORD-SFO on UD 744 and did not have many complaints about it. It was actually a different experience taking off facing the other direction.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 4, 2017 at 11:48 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 11, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by HDog
What are people's thoughts on the outside seats in rows 48-50? Travelling from IAH-HNL with family. Really don't want to spend $1000 to upgrade to economy plus I know it is in the back of the plane, but 2-4-2 seems nice? Or am i a fool? Travelling with 6 and 8 year old and wife.

Thank you!
Can anyone help me please
Old May 11, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I have done several trips recently and find I am not really bothered by any of the side aisle seats (B or K). Yes, for some you do make eye contract with another person facing you a couple rows ahead, but really not a big deal. But if I have my preferece, I will go with 2B or2K. Forward facing and you are not staring directly at someone.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL 0 Million Miler (and PM), Amtrak Select, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HDog

Thank you!
According to sbm12 the 2-seat pairs on the 10-abreast 77W are pretty good (see the wiki http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...777-300er.html) / some of the best on the plane, so I'm guessing the 10-abreast 772 would be similar. No middle seat and if you're in 48 you have extra underseat storage (under 47C/J) and more room to stretch your legs. I'd also take 48AB/49AB over a 4-seat block any day — the seat mounts in the middle 4 are misaligned as well which can be irritating.

Personally I've managed to avoid the 10-abreast 777 in Y, but I'm a big fan of 44AB/44KL on the sCO 772 (the two-seat pairs at the very end of the cabin) and usually end up there when I'm in long-haul Y. So I'd probably go for 48AB/KL too, if I ever ended up on one of those planes.

Hope that helps?
Old May 12, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
According to sbm12 the 2-seat pairs on the 10-abreast 77W are pretty good (see the wiki http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...777-300er.html) / some of the best on the plane, so I'm guessing the 10-abreast 772 would be similar. No middle seat and if you're in 48 you have extra underseat storage (under 47C/J) and more room to stretch your legs. I'd also take 48AB/49AB over a 4-seat block any day the seat mounts in the middle 4 are misaligned as well which can be irritating.

Personally I've managed to avoid the 10-abreast 777 in Y, but I'm a big fan of 44AB/44KL on the sCO 772 (the two-seat pairs at the very end of the cabin) and usually end up there when I'm in long-haul Y. So I'd probably go for 48AB/KL too, if I ever ended up on one of those planes.

Hope that helps?
It does. And saves me a bunch of money. Will post a report when i return. Many thanks!
Old May 20, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Delta
New United 777 first class seats in kitchen

Last week, I had the worse first class experience ever over 4 decades of flying United. Why? United is so desperate to re-configure their planes to optimize the number of seats without regard to the customer experience. I had a seat (4K) on a domestic 777 craft flight from SFO-BOS that was literally in the kitchen gallery. I took photos that I want to share to make sure that others do not experience what I did: the smell of collected garbage, the listening to attendants non-stop talking without regard to the noise they were making, and basically the experience of sitting in the kitchen. I will upload my 2 photos to any website that accepts uploads to prove my case.

!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.