Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-777-gallery

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
This will probably be moved shortly to the UA seating thread in the UA forum where it belongs.
But until then, here is at least one photo of what you will be flying on. http://blog.sfgate.com/cmcginnis/fil...1/IMG_4668.jpg

Are you sure this is the polaris class. If I see that pic correctly it shows last row facing coach, where in seat guru it seams they have turned it around for the last row.

Update: And more on that aircraft http://travelskills.com/2012/01/19/t...ed-boeing-777/ Ignore the part about F class.
Am I better off taking first row or last row in 1st?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I would second taking the center section with a family of 5. It's a little awkward and tight if you're packing in with strangers, but there's still plenty of room and it's fine if you know everyone in the section. The fifth person can sit across the aisle, where they will be facing the rest of the family (in this config, this is the pair of seats that most "sees" each other - you can't see the people directly in front of you).

Note that while those pictures above are correct for the seat type, none of them actually depict the plane you're flying on. I would also avoid 1AB if possible, as there have been multiple reports of autoblock issues causing people to get kicked out of the seats (to other seats in the cabin).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by robarino
Folks I'm going to be taking a United First Class flight SFO-BOS in the coming months and I purposely booked (using points) the 777-200 with lie flat seats. Row 2 is taken on the windows and I am traveling with a family of 5.
FWIW - you are no longer travel in F, but J (Business).

As of July 1, SFO-BOS is a p.s. route.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I'd choose the most forward seats where you can get groups of 2 or 3. Don't want to be by the lavs.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by robarino
Am I better off taking first row or last row in 1st?
I just came off this plane type in 1L and the seats in row 1 are not quite aligned - the pair seats are more forward than the middle four. So, I'd pick row 1 for a slightly more exclusive/private feeling.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:37 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
This will probably be moved shortly to the UA seating thread in the UA forum where it belongs.
But until then, here is at least one photo of what you will be flying on. http://blog.sfgate.com/cmcginnis/fil...1/IMG_4668.jpg

Update: And more on that aircraft http://travelskills.com/2012/01/19/t...ed-boeing-777/ Ignore the part about F class.
Actually, you'll want to see these photos as well. The above links are from other versions of the 777. This is the one that should be, pending no irrops, flying your route:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tLQzNZbXlRNzVR

I took 1A recently and loved it. No bathroom issues whatsoever, as the lavs are up near the cockpit, a good ways away from your seats.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mozilla

This is the 772v5 right? Because the seat selector indicates it's a 752 for some reason. This is for a p.s. flight btw.just some Saturday-morning shenanigans

What's the deal with 1A/B? The seat selector doesn't show them as available (and this is for a flight quite far out), and ExpertFlyer doesn't even show those seats (also not as "blocked"). Do these seats exist? If not, that would make 2A/B pretty attractive, as another early booker on this flight seems to have figured out already.

I believe I read somewhere that 1A/1B seats were reserved for FAs who take breaks on longer flights. I'm booked on ORD-OGG in this class almost a year out and those seats were unavailable. I also thought I read that those seats are curtained off for the FAs who are on a break. Maybe someone can confirm?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thebutlerdidit
I believe I read somewhere that 1A/1B seats were reserved for FAs who take breaks on longer flights. I'm booked on ORD-OGG in this class almost a year out and those seats were unavailable. I also thought I read that those seats are curtained off for the FAs who are on a break. Maybe someone can confirm?
1AB are blocked in advance, usually. Most flights will then release them, but some of the longer flights (I think ORD-HNL and maybe IAH-HNL) they are actually blocked for crew rest. Usually anything blocked in the forward cabin is always for flight crew, as I don't think FAs ever get premium seats for rest.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA*G
Does anyone have any experience with 39A or 39L on the new 3-4-3 777-200 high density? Is there a window or not? Does the slide really protrude? UA shows seat maps show only A/B and K/L while seatguru shows A/B/C and J/K/L...does anyone know if it is in fact 2?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LosFeliz
Does anyone have any experience with 39A or 39L on the new 3-4-3 777-200 high density? Is there a window or not? Does the slide really protrude? UA shows seat maps show only A/B and K/L while seatguru shows A/B/C and J/K/L...does anyone know if it is in fact 2?
There are two versions of this aircraft. See the thread's wiki or https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...efault.aspx#v4

One with Row 37 2-0-2 and Row 39 3-0-3
and
a second version with Row 37 3-0-3 and Row 39 2-0-2

The rear lavatory configuration is also different.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by HDog
What are people's thoughts on the outside seats in rows 48-50? Travelling from IAH-HNL with family. Really don't want to spend $1000 to upgrade to economy plus I know it is in the back of the plane, but 2-4-2 seems nice? Or am i a fool? Travelling with 6 and 8 year old and wife.

Thank you!
Flew Rows 48 and 49 from IAH to HNL. Without a doubt row 48 is the best non-premium seat on the aircraft in my opinion. You have three trays to use/three seats to store stuff and a ton of room. I am 6'6" and it was really nice. Granted, I had my 8 year old son next to me, but there was still lots of room. The bulkhead did not very at all on this part of the plane. One possible issue i could see some people having is the window seat is a little further away from the bulkhead - so it makes it a little harder to lay against the b-head.

Thanks for your help. I hope this helps!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LosFeliz
There's no window (except the itty bitty porthole in the door which you can't really see out of from the seat). The seats are set far enough back from the door that it isn't an issue unless you're tall and wanted to do hamstring stretches while sitting.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by JAaronT
There's no window (except the itty bitty porthole in the door which you can't really see out of from the seat). The seats are set far enough back from the door that it isn't an issue unless you're tall and wanted to do hamstring stretches while sitting.
Thanks JAaronT. Is this on config where there are only 2 seats 39AB and 39KL in that row? I'm currently on this a/c for a short red eye from LAX-EWR and am in 17A, but 17BC are also taken. Thinking I should swap out for 39B which is open. After takeoff I can place my carryon in front of me for a foot rest.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pbartp
Thanks JAaronT. Is this on config where there are only 2 seats 39AB and 39KL in that row? I'm currently on this a/c for a short red eye from LAX-EWR and am in 17A, but 17BC are also taken. Thinking I should swap out for 39B which is open. After takeoff I can place my carryon in front of me for a foot rest.
Don't do it. They'll inevitably swap the config and you'll be stuck in a middle seat.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Sitting as a pair in 2B/2A - LAX - HNL, are these good seats? Was also thinking of sitting 1L/K, but i dont want to be so close to galley.

3L/K are open as well, but im afraid that puts us too close to lavs too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.