Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has a higher-density 777 primarily for domestic flights, with 3-4-3 across economy seating and a smaller business ("United First") class with lie-flat seating. There are three versions, which UA is labeling Version 2, Version 3, and Version 4. The differences from prior 777 planes are the economy lavatory areas and the surrounding seats (Rows 37, 39, 40, 41 and 52). This plane features 28-32 lie-flat United First seats, 102-124 Economy-plus seats, and 206-234 Economy seats. All United First seats have in-flight entertainment screens and at-seat power. The United First seats are the same lie-flat "coffins" that were used on international 777 flights prior to the introduction of the Polaris seats. All Economy seats have power outlets (2 outlets for 3-seat groups and 3 outlets for 4-seat groups), but do not have seat-back entertainment screens (just a device holder).

United 777 Version 2

United 777 Version 3

United 777 Version 4

Version 4 has IFE monitors in Y, unlike versions 2 and 3.

Most Hawaii 777-200 flights will be either of these versions. Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a UA 772 Hawaii Configuration

For the most privacy, the only aisle seats in business that do not face the person opposite you are 4B and 4K

Version 2 (77M) on aeroLOPA
Version 3 (77G) on aeroLOPA
Version 4 (77O) on aeroLOPA
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017 | 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Can someone decipher this seat map for me

I haven't seen this.

It's a 777, with the front cabin showing four rows of 2-4-2 seating, and the back with 3-4-3. Routing in Den-lax on 1/19, flight 1613 at 715pm. Before today, it was a Hawaii configuration. Never seen this configuration before.
Old Jan 17, 2017 | 7:58 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
The Hawaii 777s are being converted to this "high density" config as discussed in the linked thread. Typically the "swap" shows a few days before as UA assigns specific aircraft, but is subject to change of course.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1651555-ua-creating-high-density-777-domestic-subfleet-47.html
Old Jan 17, 2017 | 7:59 am

Programs: United 1K
Version 5

Based on United's Website - it's Version 5 of the 777-200.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx
Old Jan 23, 2017 | 12:46 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Silver
So, is the consensus that 4B & 4K are the best seats in First on this aircraft? I have a LAX-DEN flight on this config (at least showing this in the seat select function) in May. I'd imagine 4B may be slightly better as you get served a meal before 4K?
Old Feb 1, 2017 | 7:15 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by brenrox
So, is the consensus that 4B & 4K are the best seats in First on this aircraft? I have a LAX-DEN flight on this config (at least showing this in the seat select function) in May. I'd imagine 4B may be slightly better as you get served a meal before 4K?
Bump
Old Feb 27, 2017 | 10:23 pm

Programs: United MP
Row Alignment

How does the alignment work for the rows in E+ on the v5 layout? If I have a friend sitting in seat 18J is it better to sit in 17 or 18G?

Both the United and SeatGuru seat maps show the rows as being misaligned, but it's unclear by how much.

Also is there a consensus on the bulkhead being worth it in E+, or are a couple rows back better?
Old Mar 2, 2017 | 8:57 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by brenrox
If you sit in 4B, you can see 2D; likewise, if you sit in 4K, you can see 2G. Both seats are very close to the galley between 2L/2R, and so long as the f/a's close the curtains to the galley, it should be less bright and a little quieter. When this is the config for my flights, I always choose 4B or 4K between GUM and HNL. Note though that for overhead bin space, one bin above 4A/4B and 4K/4L house emergency equipment so depending on your carry on, you might have to store in the smaller bin above 4B or 4K, or in any of the bins forward of row 4.
Old Mar 4, 2017 | 4:34 am

This is the 772v5 right? Because the seat selector indicates it's a 752 for some reason. This is for a p.s. flight btw.just some Saturday-morning shenanigans

What's the deal with 1A/B? The seat selector doesn't show them as available (and this is for a flight quite far out), and ExpertFlyer doesn't even show those seats (also not as "blocked"). Do these seats exist? If not, that would make 2A/B pretty attractive, as another early booker on this flight seems to have figured out already.

Last edited by mozilla; Mar 4, 2017 at 6:05 am
Old Mar 4, 2017 | 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mozilla
[ ... This is the 772v5 right? ...
V5 or v6. The difference is in the back around row 37

Originally Posted by mozilla
[ What's the deal with 1A/B?
... Do these seats exist?
Yes 1A/B exist. Either a weekend system issue or seats are blocked in a way EF is unfamiliar with.
Old Mar 4, 2017 | 1:54 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes 1A/B exist. Either a weekend system issue or seats are blocked in a way EF is unfamiliar with.
1AB are coded as advanced-blocked for crew rest and should be released around T-48 (similar to 4AB on the sCO 752). For whatever reason, EF shows crew rest seats as "missing" rather than "blocked" until the tail is assigned and the flight unblocks if not being used for crew rest.

I assume Saturday shenanigans means more 77G swaps on p.s.?
Old Mar 5, 2017 | 1:02 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
1AB are coded as advanced-blocked for crew rest and should be released around T-48 (similar to 4AB on the sCO 752). For whatever reason, EF shows crew rest seats as "missing" rather than "blocked" until the tail is assigned and the flight unblocks if not being used for crew rest.
I asked this in another thread and never got an answer. I have a trip from ORD-HNL-ORD this fall (so certainly crew rest needed), and the seat map currently shows 1AB available--in both directions. Matter of fact, only one seat is pre-selected on either flight, and it's a row 3 window.

It's been this way constantly since I started looking at the flight about 6 weeks ago.

Am I safe picking that seat pair, or is it just coded wrong this far in advance, or are there some sort of crew bunks that they're planning on installing in the next six months?
Old Mar 5, 2017 | 2:09 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Am I safe picking that seat pair, or is it just coded wrong this far in advance, or are there some sort of crew bunks that they're planning on installing in the next six months?
As far as I know ORD-HNL goes out with the extra crew and they will be in 1AB on the 77G. What are your dates? I pulled a few random seatmaps for UA219 from October and November and they all have 1AB blocked.

ed. - but September doesn't. I would definitely avoid it for now - 1KL should be an equivalent travel experience and less likely to encounter shenanigans. UA219 is flying today with 1AB blocked when 77G is assigned.
Old Mar 5, 2017 | 4:44 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
November and December travel dates. Thinking 1KL for two of three of us. Not the end of the world and perfectly happy with those seats, but more curious than anything why 1AB aren't blocked. Thanks for the input!
Old Mar 8, 2017 | 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by trust77
If you sit in 4B, you can see 2D; likewise, if you sit in 4K, you can see 2G. Both seats are very close to the galley between 2L/2R, and so long as the f/a's close the curtains to the galley, it should be less bright and a little quieter. When this is the config for my flights, I always choose 4B or 4K between GUM and HNL. Note though that for overhead bin space, one bin above 4A/4B and 4K/4L house emergency equipment so depending on your carry on, you might have to store in the smaller bin above 4B or 4K, or in any of the bins forward of row 4.
I am going to be on this configuration several times in the coming month. It looks like 2B/K would be the best in terms of not having to stare directly at someone when in an aisle seat. Thoughts??
Old Mar 9, 2017 | 3:52 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by blueman2
I am going to be on this configuration several times in the coming month. It looks like 2B/K would be the best in terms of not having to stare directly at someone when in an aisle seat. Thoughts??
yes in terms of window/aisle combinations, I do think 2A/2B and 2K/2L are the best seat in the house. Report back when you've found your best seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.