Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is this United's new business class layout?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this United's new business class layout?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
The spin really needs to stop. We're seeing UA evolve to basically be competitive with international LLC. Azul has a more competitive international J product than that.

And yet on United Airtime we see things like:
Q: Is United's plan still to convert Boeing 767-300s to a two-class configuration?
A: The feedback we’ve received from corporate customers dictates that an industry-leading business class cabin is more desirable than a traditional first class cabin. We will be converting all of our Boeing 767-300 aircraft to a two-class configuration – United BusinessFirst and Economy – to meet these needs.

United BusinessFirst offers a superior business-class service. We are listening to the needs of our customers globally and responding with new interiors from nose to tail, including flatbed seats and upgraded entertainment. BusinessFirst amenities include laptop power, USB ports, noise-reduction headsets, amenity kits featuring Cowshed brand skin-care products, duvet-style blankets and a multi-course meal with complimentary wines.

Seriously, adding a 10 year old seat to a 30 year old plane is NOT industry leading. UA's best customers are not stupid, and can see right through this.
Don't disagree - for the US based, once or twice a year business traveler that purchases mainly on price - then this is the right direction to go in. For those if us that travel for a living, value the quality of the soft and hard product, want some privacy and the ability to sleep well - this is clearly not a competitive product, and I will switch all of my flying to other *A carriers - and perhaps that is what UA wants.... I've become quote fond of the NH and SQ J cabins, and when SQ launches their updated J product in 2017 the disparity will continue to grow...
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:48 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Hilarious that people already hate the seat based on a FA seat layout.
Honestly, I think it just says a lot about what many customers have come to expect when it comes to decisions made by the former (current?) management team.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
If this is indeed the best UA will offer on international flights, I may stick with UA domestically to make GS but use LH and other *A for intl.
Not exactly sure why LH C 2-2-2 (or 2-3-2) is better than UA pseudo 1-2-1 unrestricted aisle access.

I just hope this seat offers enough leg/foot space for sleeping. I find most 1-2-1 seats restrictive and narrow around the legs in sleep mode.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Could this be the product that matches the FA manual?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Based on some hints and feedback from posters elsewhere, I believe we are looking at a derivative of the Acumen Optima concept... if true, I suspect it might change some peoples' minds about the undesirability of the proposed product.

http://thedesignsoc.com/acumen-desig...ating-concept/

A few images from the link:

Interestingly, it's a concept that was linked to Lufthansa, so perhaps this is an indication of a forthcoming cross-carrier business class platform?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Lol agreed. I saw this thread yesterday and it's already got 5 pages!

I like it, gives couples the option of grabbing the two interior seats, or biz pax to snag a window with aisle access.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by EWR764
Based on some hints and feedback from posters elsewhere, I believe we are looking at a derivative of the Acumen Optima concept... if true, I suspect it might change some peoples' minds about the undesirability of the proposed product.

Interestingly, it's a concept that was linked to Lufthansa, so perhaps this is an indication of a forthcoming cross-carrier business class platform?
That's ridiculous. A martini glass would tip over way too easily inflight.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
If the above concepts are correct, that looks fine to me. I would hope that there is a center divider that can go up or down if you aren't traveling with someone.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
I'm assuming this is true. If so, this is not 1-2-1. It's a high density spin on 2-4-2, and not industry leading...

Very disappointing...
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764

This view in particular looks very similar to me, and if that is indeed the case, and the resulting personal space is ok, then I'm on board.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm assuming this is true. If so, this is not 1-2-1. It's a high density spin on 2-4-2,
How is that defined? And what part actually matters?

Seat width, bed length, aisle access, ease of seeing out the window and proximity to a travel companion are, at least to me, the metrics in play.

How does this compare on those versus the herringbone/reverse herringbone layouts?

The angle of the seat relative to the axis of the plane - the main difference between more traditional 1-2-1 and this - has zero impact on actual comfort IMO.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
The spin really needs to stop. We're seeing UA evolve to basically be competitive with international LLC. Azul has a more competitive international J product than anything UA currently has, and likely will have if this layout is correct.

And yet on United Airtime we see things like:
Q: Is United's plan still to convert Boeing 767-300s to a two-class configuration?
A: The feedback we’ve received from corporate customers dictates that an industry-leading business class cabin is more desirable than a traditional first class cabin. We will be converting all of our Boeing 767-300 aircraft to a two-class configuration – United BusinessFirst and Economy – to meet these needs.

United BusinessFirst offers a superior business-class service. We are listening to the needs of our customers globally and responding with new interiors from nose to tail, including flatbed seats and upgraded entertainment. BusinessFirst amenities include laptop power, USB ports, noise-reduction headsets, amenity kits featuring Cowshed brand skin-care products, duvet-style blankets and a multi-course meal with complimentary wines.

Seriously, adding a 10 year old seat to a 30 year old plane is NOT industry leading. UA's best customers are not stupid, and can see right through this.
"Industry leading" in what way? They can't even address the narrow footwell issue.

Last edited by goalie; Mar 11, 2016 at 12:27 pm Reason: Trolling comment removed
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:21 am

I'm assuming this is true. If so, this is not 1-2-1. It's a high density spin on 2-4-2, and not industry leading...

Very disappointing...
Ikr very disappointing but I guess it's okay when these foreign airlines have 2x4x2 seating in J smh.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If the above concepts are correct, that looks fine to me. I would hope that there is a center divider that can go up or down if you aren't traveling with someone.
I agree for the 2 center seats, and the window seat on the sides. The aisle seat on the sides looks awkward to me. The table appears to be behind the seat, which is angled away from the table. Looks like the table isn't usable for anything other than storing stuff that you want accessible but out of the way.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: UA GS
In the acumen concept it looks like outer-middle seats and the window seats where the table is in between the seat and the window, that the table would be difficult to use while sitting fully up. Sorta have to reach behind you. But overall looks like a great product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.