FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this United's new business class layout?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:46 am
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
The spin really needs to stop. We're seeing UA evolve to basically be competitive with international LLC. Azul has a more competitive international J product than that.

And yet on United Airtime we see things like:
Q: Is United's plan still to convert Boeing 767-300s to a two-class configuration?
A: The feedback we’ve received from corporate customers dictates that an industry-leading business class cabin is more desirable than a traditional first class cabin. We will be converting all of our Boeing 767-300 aircraft to a two-class configuration – United BusinessFirst and Economy – to meet these needs.

United BusinessFirst offers a superior business-class service. We are listening to the needs of our customers globally and responding with new interiors from nose to tail, including flatbed seats and upgraded entertainment. BusinessFirst amenities include laptop power, USB ports, noise-reduction headsets, amenity kits featuring Cowshed brand skin-care products, duvet-style blankets and a multi-course meal with complimentary wines.

Seriously, adding a 10 year old seat to a 30 year old plane is NOT industry leading. UA's best customers are not stupid, and can see right through this.
Don't disagree - for the US based, once or twice a year business traveler that purchases mainly on price - then this is the right direction to go in. For those if us that travel for a living, value the quality of the soft and hard product, want some privacy and the ability to sleep well - this is clearly not a competitive product, and I will switch all of my flying to other *A carriers - and perhaps that is what UA wants.... I've become quote fond of the NH and SQ J cabins, and when SQ launches their updated J product in 2017 the disparity will continue to grow...