Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Looks like the card is slightly updated for 2016 - now includes the logo's negative space pattern on the right hand side.
And also no expiry date, excellent
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fireflash
And also no expiry date, excellent
That rendering isn't exactly accurate as far as text placement goes...

On the left side of the card, bottom aligned are member name and MP# in ~12-14 point type on separate lines. Next to the MP# in type about half as large "Valid Through 01/31/2017"

Though if you have status being a xMMer it would make sense to omit the expiration date...But mine has one...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:39 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
So, it's basically a useless platitude from United. Rather have more time spent working on the actual product.
Well..
(1) Do you really think that united will spend that additional 20 cents on "actual product," or that it would make a difference?

(2) As before, it's easy to be generous when giving up other people's benefits. Would you feel similarly if United stopped issuing plastic cards for GS/1Ks, and said it was "so that we can spend more time developing changes you will like!" And then let you self-print a 1K card from the internet if you need it for *G lounge access. Maybe you would welcome that change so that UA could spend more time working on the actual product; but for me, I would neither like the change nor believes that it would result in a tangible improvement in actual product.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:39 pm

I'm pretty bummed about Silver not getting a card. My son qualified a few days after his first birthday. Now I have to postpone his DYKWIA training until he hits Gold, and that could be years.

In all seriousness, I was kind of looking forward to sticking his card in a box and finding it a few decades from now...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:41 pm

The GS cards are a little different this time around as well:

Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: Starwood life platinum, Delta MM, Delta Diamond, United 1K, NW Platinum
Global Services Card

Very Cool
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Well..
(1) Do you really think that united will spend that additional 20 cents on "actual product," or that it would make a difference?

(2) As before, it's easy to be generous when giving up other people's benefits. Would you feel similarly if United stopped issuing plastic cards for GS/1Ks, and said it was "so that we can spend more time developing changes you will like!" And then let you self-print a 1K card from the internet if you need it for *G lounge access. Maybe you would welcome that change so that UA could spend more time working on the actual product; but for me, I would neither like the change nor believes that it would result in a tangible improvement in actual product.
Well, 20 cents multiplied by the number of Silvers.

I am not really bothered if there is a card or not, I've not had to use mine once.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When are the "cards" in the app actual updated with the new expiration date?
1/31 ?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
When are the "cards" in the app actual updated with the new expiration date?
1/31 ?
That's what happened last year (at midnight ORD/IAH time)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott LTT
I keep seeing reference to "kits", what kits? I've been 1K for three years running, I'll never get GS because I pay for my own travel, but................I've never seen a "kit". I got a gold card a few years ago when I made gold that year, but............I've not ever seen anything else.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by mncnc
I keep seeing reference to "kits", what kits? I've been 1K for three years running, I'll never get GS because I pay for my own travel, but................I've never seen a "kit". I got a gold card a few years ago when I made gold that year, but............I've not ever seen anything else.
Bag tag and drink chits?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: Won Kay
Bag tag and drink chits?
You used to get kits, especially for 1K as I recall. Nowadays it just looks like a fancy piece of credit card junk mail.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:31 am

My partner 1K kit came with the usual stuffs with 10 drink chits but...

My 1MM/1K card came this Nov with an exp date of 01/31/2016...Guess my new card will come some time before the end of Jan 2016. Hope I ll get 10 more drink chits so I can give them away ( did ask for my 1 free drink as 1K on my last 3 domestic flight )
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Platinum kit arrived last Friday. Just reached 1K on Sunday.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by physioprof
Platinum kit arrived last Friday. Just reached 1K on Sunday.
I'm in a very similar situation. I just received my Plat kit that said something like "Here are your 2016 membership materials". I just hit 1K a few days ago. Will they automatically send out my 1K membership kit or do I have to call and request one? On the United website there was always a place where it says "your membership materials are being processed/shipped", but that isn't there anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.