Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
I'm quite perplexed as to why UA doesn't sell General MileagePlus Cards and maybe Premier Silver Cards. The only people that really need MileagePlus cards are the people that don't fly often and don't really care at all about flying or miles, but still have an account.
I'd be down for that; I'd actually buy multiple, one for each parent, and a copy for me when I book tickets for them. TBF, by now I've memorized at least one of theirs.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Someone who is dropping down in 2016 might want to keep their old card/status which is still valid until the end of the month.
Seems like logic that they should be able to program into systems in a perfect world anyway....sounds like an assignment in a first-semester computer science class teaching FORTRAN or something. ("Here is a file of frequent flyers and their 2015 and 2016 status; have your program output a list of cards to mail to each person and when their e-card should be updated with new date and new status as appropriate, given that increased status would show with new date right away but decreasing status would not show until the higher status expires naturally. This is due next week.")

As a plastic card saver (I still have a US Silver card earned just after 9/11 that was good from then through 2/28/03; it worked in US kiosks right up until the end (and even UA Chickens when they codeshared) to enter my US number but did not confer extra status), I will hold on to my old UA Silver cards forever when/if I go back to that level, especially if they continue to not mail cards to Silvers. Of course, why not continue to use my Gold one even afterward.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by oshkrozz
No kit for me ... I qualified in August for 1K, made 1 Million miles around October and did not get a card yet for 2016. Not only that the website option print duplicate card is still the 2015 card.
You are not alone. I have been flying for years and only received a kit the first year I obtained status. Since then, gold, plat, 1k statuses, no kit. To be honest, I don't care and forgot about it until I saw this thread. (hehe)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VNDream
You are not alone. I have been flying for years and only received a kit the first year I obtained status. Since then, gold, plat, 1k statuses, no kit. To be honest, I don't care and forgot about it until I saw this thread. (hehe)
It may have something to do with your profile/marketing preferences.

While not directly on point, I noticed last year that I hadn't received a Hilton card in a couple years so I requested a replacement card using their form and got "a you'll get one in 4-6 weeks" response and after 6 weeks emailed the Hilton Diamond Desk...

Their response was that because I had unchecked the "receive marketing by postal mail" (or whatever it was) that also included the HHonors card and thus, of course, I wouldn't receive a card -- either automatically or by request. They "fixed" my profile and re-re-requested the card and a few weeks later it showed up in the mail.

Wondering if the same thing may be at play with you and United...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I wrote in yesterday to inquire about the status of the kit. Was told that it was shipped in November, and that a replacement kit couldn't be requested before January 30th.

The card is useful to me, as the LH SEN lounge people often want to see a card, and seem reluctant to accept that in-app card screenshot sometimes.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold; *G; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5*
My Premier Gold kit came in last week. Unlike my silver kit that arrived earlier this year with a dinky silver luggage tag and a letter from Mr. Smisek, I received a UA Gold card, a dinky gold luggage tag, and a letter from Interim CEO Brett Hart.

Also, on the mystatus page, it still says my kit is pending...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
2016 Premier Kits Have Shipped-Post when you have received yours

I got my Plat card today. About ten days after receiving a Gold card. Qualified for Plat in late November.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
received Gold card on 1/4 for status achieved in Nov. Awaiting Plat card for status achieved on 12/21.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Plat card arrived yesterday, after qualifying up from gold in mid-November.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Arrow

Still United Gold as a 1MM++ pre-merger. Haven't set foot on United since they merged with Continental.

I should still be a Gold member. My card hasn't arrived yet. Not sure what the "kit" is about.

I am in France.

Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by CDG1
Still United Gold as a 1MM++ pre-merger. Haven't set foot on United since they merged with Continental.

I should still be a Gold member. My card hasn't arrived yet. Not sure what the "kit" is about.

I am in France.

Do you have the correct address on file for your account? It should hold a Gold MP card, as well as luggage tags.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I'm still waiting for my Plat kit but I just qualified so go figure... Waiting...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
It may have something to do with your profile/marketing preferences.

Well I checked mystatus.united.com and there is no mention of any kit, just my status and all the benefits, but did not see any reference to a kit.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Well I checked mystatus.united.com and there is no mention of any kit, just my status and all the benefits, but did not see any reference to a kit.
I can't find any reference to the mailing status either anymore. It was definitely there in the past, but can't find anything now. Waiting on a long-since-earned status in Canada.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: United 1K
Waiting on Platinum and 1K kits. Qualified for Platinum back in October and 1K end of December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.