Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Got my Silver package. It is missing a physical membership card! Considering they upped the spend last year to $3K just to get lousy Silver, you'd think they give us a physical plastic card. So little effort to appreciate your customers. They already reduced most of the perks of Silver. I only fly United to get E+ when I can and to try to make 1MM BIS miles.
Are you serious?? They even cut the CARD from Silver? How pathetic is that! Unbelievable.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott (Plat Premier, LT Plat)
Originally Posted by PIT_Flyer
So for those of you (us? ) who make it to GS in January, will another kit be shipped? (I haven't qualified for GS, just hoping I do)...
I'm hoping to make GS this year ($60K in total spend; 51K in GF/BF/F; All UA) as well. I requalified for 1K on 8/2/15 but am yet to receive the kit. I do not even see the kit status box on mystatus.ua.com. Not sure if that's a sign
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tcp1
Are you serious?? They even cut the CARD from Silver? How pathetic is that! Unbelievable.
Since July 1st, although some have reported still receiving them in the 2015 kit or by asking nicely/repeatedly via phone.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by tcp1
If you want a physical card for Silver, you can get one here: https://www.theexplorercard.com/
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kingston
If you want a physical card for Silver, you can get one here: https://www.theexplorercard.com/
Yeah, I don't see the big deal about not getting a card at Silver. There are literally no times you need to use it. The only time I think you need any of the Gold and above cards is to get into partner lounges that demand them, and there are very few of those.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PIT_Flyer
So for those of you (us? ) who make it to GS in January, will another kit be shipped? (I haven't qualified for GS, just hoping I do)...
Yes ... though last year, I didn't get the original 1K kit, only the GS kit. They must have placed me in some sort of "GS waiting room" to determine, though I'd be surprised if the process was that sophisticated ...
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Cards this year are higher quality than last year. And they have also updated the design ^
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
received my 1K card/kit today - Austria
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Got my Silver package. It is missing a physical membership card! Considering they upped the spend last year to $3K just to get lousy Silver, you'd think they give us a physical plastic card. So little effort to appreciate your customers. They already reduced most of the perks of Silver. I only fly United to get E+ when I can and to try to make 1MM BIS miles.

I haven't had too many issues with the front-line employees for the most part, but the management/white collar morons running this airline are a joke.
What is included? Luggage tags at least? I don't really care about the card to be honest. Just sits in my desk the whole year.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Kingston
LOL - but not quite accurate.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by dble00dumb
What is included? Luggage tags at least? I don't really care about the card to be honest. Just sits in my desk the whole year.
Yeah you get one luggage tag and that's it. I agree with others; the Silver card has absolutely no use at all.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:43 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fireflash
Yeah, I don't see the big deal about not getting a card at Silver. There are literally no times you need to use it. The only time I think you need any of the Gold and above cards is to get into partner lounges that demand them, and there are very few of those.
Easy to say when one is not a Silver..it's easy to be generous about cutting other people's benefits...

I agree that a Silver card is not actually "needed," but it's a nice touch to thank someone for spending a substantial amount of PQD and PQM with UA. And honestly it can't cost much to print, or to mail, since there is a mailing anyway and the card is just a bit of marginal weight.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Easy to say when one is not a Silver..it's easy to be generous about cutting other people's benefits...

I agree that a Silver card is not actually "needed," but it's a nice touch to thank someone for spending a substantial amount of PQD and PQM with UA. And honestly it can't cost much to print, or to mail, since there is a mailing anyway and the card is just a bit of marginal weight.
So, it's basically a useless platitude from United. Rather have more time spent working on the actual product.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80
LOL - but not quite accurate.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Looks like the card is slightly updated for 2016 - now includes the logo's negative space pattern on the right hand side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.