Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I'm in a very similar situation. I just received my Plat kit that said something like "Here are your 2016 membership materials". I just hit 1K a few days ago. Will they automatically send out my 1K membership kit or do I have to call and request one? On the United website there was always a place where it says "your membership materials are being processed/shipped", but that isn't there anymore.
In my case (specific dates up thread) I received the plat kit first and then the 1K kit automatically came a couple weeks later (approx. 4 weeks after the flights that pushed me over the 1K edge) -- but I had the "have been shipped" note the entire time (actually, it's still there for me along with the "we're taking our time before turning down your GS request") so your situation may differ slightly... Personally I'd give it a couple weeks and if nothing then submit a "manual" request.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I'm in a very similar situation. I just received my Plat kit that said something like "Here are your 2016 membership materials". I just hit 1K a few days ago. Will they automatically send out my 1K membership kit or do I have to call and request one? On the United website there was always a place where it says "your membership materials are being processed/shipped", but that isn't there anymore.

A separate 1K kit will come. It took a few days for my status to indicate that my kit was pending.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:54 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Arrived 23 December
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Silver; HHonors Silver; HyattGP Platinum; Hertz PC
Requalified for Silver in November. Received the "kit" yesterday. Same as other Silvers have reported. Mailing said my card has been "digitized." One small luggage tag. Pre-2015 the Silver luggage tags used to be bigger and personalized...now you write you own name/info on the back.

So glad to see that Rainey was able to successfully program so many of you higher-status folks before leaving. We Silvers are truly over-entitled. When will we finally understand that?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Hope you don't get into a situation needing the physical card.
Rarely needed these days, but always good to have for Gate/Lounge Dragons. IME LH, in particular still wants to see "your Gold Card please sir" for SEN lounge access.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re-qualified for Platinum 10/31. No kit for either me or my wife yet (MM designee). Qualified for 1K 12/22. Don't expect our kits for that for a while. Still hoping for the Platinum kits for the drink chits out of them.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kingston
If you want a physical card for Silver, you can get one here: https://www.theexplorercard.com/
I see what you did there....
Old Dec 27, 2015, 2:27 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Re qualified in August for 1K. Just finished 160 PQM. Still listed as kit is pending on the my status page.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by unitedfflyer
Requalified for Silver in November. Received the "kit" yesterday. Same as other Silvers have reported. Mailing said my card has been "digitized." One small luggage tag. Pre-2015 the Silver luggage tags used to be bigger and personalized...now you write you own name/info on the back.

So glad to see that Rainey was able to successfully program so many of you higher-status folks before leaving. We Silvers are truly over-entitled. When will we finally understand that?
All the luggage tags have been downsized, not just at silver.

I wish United would let you chose what address to appear on the back of the card online, and they print it for you so it is printed nice and clearly/legibly without risk of it smearing as it invariably does.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by fireflash
I wish United would let you chose what address to appear on the back of the card online, and they print it for you so it is printed nice and clearly/legibly without risk of it smearing as it invariably does.
Amen!

Not to mention since the luggage tags were downsized legibility and "fit-ability" are a major challenge.

My girlfriend has ultra micro and ultra legible draftsman-like handwriting (one time when we were coming back through customs CBP asked her if she had written or typed her declaration card...and her "shopping list" is usually a 1"x1.5" post-it tag) so I recruit her to complete the back of the tag and she has a hard time fitting my name and email address and in the space provided...

(On the smearing point: She used a "Pigma Micron 01" ["Archival Ink / 0.25mm line / Micro pigment ink for waterproof and fade proof lines"], available from art supply stores, to fill out my tags last year and they're still as pristine as the day she wrote them despite a year of weather and abuse)
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Re qualified in August for 1K. Just finished 160 PQM. Still listed as kit is pending on the my status page.
Where are you seeing it on your my status page? I have looked all over the my status page for me and nothing about kits yet.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
A separate 1K kit will come. It took a few days for my status to indicate that my kit was pending.
Where do you see this "kit pending" on your status page?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Where are you seeing it on your my status page? I have looked all over the my status page for me and nothing about kits yet.
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Where do you see this "kit pending" on your status page?
I posted an image upthread -- the green box (in this case "shipped") is where the pending status [sh|w]ould appear
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 27, 2015 at 9:19 pm Reason: removed [IMG] tags from oversized image
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess I don't rate. I don't have that.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: UA MP Platinum
Premier Gold (qualified on Nov-7), in Canada.

Haven't received yet. Hoping that Canada Post delivers this week! But I am way down on the alphabet too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.