Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PV_Premier
UA.com waiver information:

Airports:
All cities

Original travel dates:
July 8, 2015

Flight changes:
The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing between July 8, 2015 and July 10, 2015, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
For wholly rescheduled travel departing after July 10, 2015, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.
Print Wikipost

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:59 am

Denver to San Fran update

We're pushing back from gate. I guess we're really finally departing!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:00 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Moderator note: Please help us keep this a helpful thread for people who are flying UA today. It appears that right now this may be the most helpful place to turn for information. We all understand that it's easy to want to make jokes or share how happy you are you're not flying Unuted, but those comments don't help members who turn to this thread for information.

Thank you,
l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:06 am

Did United finally move it's computer operations to the Chicago area or is it still located at the old Continental location in downtown Houston ?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by UAL250
Lucky

UAX?
Yes, UAX out of small airport.

Of course, that only gets me as far as EWR, where things are still a bit screwed up.

Word is, however, that things are coming back up slowly now, and there was a page a few minutes ago for all flight crews to report to their gates.
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Along with those traveling who are affected by this, my thoughts are with all the excellent and hard-working UA CSRs and staff who are as frustrated by this as everyone.

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
SHARES Down, MAINLINE SYSTEMWIDE. Groundstop - 8 July 2015

GA at MSN now saying ticket reader isn't working so they are going to devise a way for us to get on board but also have accountability
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist

About to push back on 1537. Loaded up a lot of fuel to go as fast as possible.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:11 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
DIA slowly recovering

https://twitter.com/DENAirport/statu...82356053344256
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is anyone at SFO? I have a family member en route for an international ticket booked with my miles. Curious as to what it looks like there.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond

They are doing manual boarding by sequence number since the scanner link is down
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
interesting @DENAirport is updating us and @united is not.

it's good to hear that DEN is coming back up though. my friend and i are traveling EWR-SAN today. my flight's in ten hours, my friend's is in four, keeping our fingers crossed here.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by rjque
Is anyone at SFO? I have a family member en route for an international ticket booked with my miles. Curious as to what it looks like there.
I'm on 1084 (SFO-SEA). Got to the airport around 5am and didn't see any problems at the Elite check-in area. Gates 60-69 were busy waiting on the SEA and IAD flights but not too crazy. 6am flight pushed back at 7:15am and are now taxing to runway. Might be 60-90 min delays for you fam.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by UAL250
About to push back on 1537. Loaded up a lot of fuel to go as fast as possible.
Don't get excited. This assuaging statement from the pilot is practically meaningless. While burning more fuel makes it possible for you to go faster than standard cruise, it is only by a small percentage -- probably well less than 5 minutes savings per hour of flight time. In any event, ATC flow control limits the speeds at which planes on an airway can fly -- so unless your plane can get up to 43,000 feet or greater to get an open airway, or unless every plane on your airway also wants to burn a$$, you won't be arriving appreciably sooner.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Just saw Captain Denny Flanagan here at ORD this morning and he was doing his thing by passing out coffee at B16. People were truly impressed and I saw a few people go up and get his name. He does represent what FlyerFriendly is suppose to be!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
In JAC, saying systems are coming back up slowly. Though mobile boarding pass has now disappeared on the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.