Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PV_Premier
UA.com waiver information:

Airports:
All cities

Original travel dates:
July 8, 2015

Flight changes:
The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing between July 8, 2015 and July 10, 2015, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
For wholly rescheduled travel departing after July 10, 2015, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.
Print Wikipost

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Just made the Post and local news stations in the last few minutes. "No estimate on the length of the delay" seems to be the recurring theme.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
All display boards at SFO are out. Departing flight info in T3 is using the SFO green boards instead of United's flight info. Next ETA supposed to be at 6:15am PT. So much for an early 6am SFO-SEA flight for a 9am meeting!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
'Automation Issues,' FAA Says
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
UA will not acknowledge outage

Does anyone else find it odd/bothersome that UA has not posted anything on the website,twitter or phone? On twitter they just tell people to call in. This is just insane.
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DBCme
Nothing from UA on their Twitter page, I didn't immidiately see anything on the UA website, nor as UA Insider reported anything here. Has anyone informed United of the outage?
If it's anything like my office, system failures are normal and not surprising.
Suspended

I'm sure it has to do with "Severe weather throughout our system...".

Originally Posted by ElieW
Does anyone else find it odd/bothersome that UA has not posted anything on the website,twitter or phone? On twitter they just tell people to call in. This is just insane.
No, this is just United.

Next.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
US Airways used SHARES (another version of it) but that's going (gone?) away in favor of AA SABRE.
AA/US are in the process of their draw down of using SHARES. Supposed to be completed by October.

Good luck any of you flying today. This would be one of those times I would recommend quick buying any ticket you get on another airline to get where you need to go and sort it out with UA later.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:18 am

FAA ground stop now showing an update time of 14:15 (10:15 EDT).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Sitting here in Ullaanbator Mongolia now, and am hearing this on the TV right now ... bad news travels fast.

Grounding the whole fleet is pretty dramatic.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
When your Commodore Amiga won't start, it's hard to post anything on the website.

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NewportGuy
I'm sure it has to do with "Severe weather throughout our system...".

No, this is just United.

Next.
I guess I shouldn't find it surprising then that UA has ignored my calls and emails for 2+ weeks about compensation for canceled flights out of Tel Aviv? (3rd this year and according to Israel law, eligible for $750 in comp for each)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jacobac00
FAA ground stop now showing an update time of 14:15 (10:15 EDT).
Yeah but the text of the groundstop is still showing 13:15. I think that update time was automated, not sure if it was actually updated.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:20 am

So this is what's going on. I have friends flying on UA138, NRT-DEN, I purchased the tickets for them using my miles. Trying to get friends home from Thailand to Denver for something that came up suddenly.

The rez disappeared, there was a 4+ hour rolling delay of death, and then the rez and flight status disappeared. When I called, you can get right through of course and the agents tell me to call back because they are looking at white screens.

flightaware shows it got off the ground. I wonder how?

unbelievable.

-David
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:22 am

UA is very poor in crisis management like this....they just don't know how to communicate (look at all the other issues). UA really needs to hire some people that can manage the communications aspect.

Still nothing from United, but heck, top of Fox News website has breaking news. It's all over other major news station. CNN has it playing on the TV screens in the airport right now. Everywhere, except United.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
O/U 11:00EST: Time planes finally aren't grounded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.