Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PV_Premier
UA.com waiver information:

Airports:
All cities

Original travel dates:
July 8, 2015

Flight changes:
The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new flights departing between July 8, 2015 and July 10, 2015, as long as travel is rescheduled in the same cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
For wholly rescheduled travel departing after July 10, 2015, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.
Print Wikipost

Waiver Posted for SHARES Outage on July 8, 2015 - UA Has Resumed Operations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
If UA was smart it would have given every flyer on a disrupted itin double points for their flights. Small cost to UA that would be a good gesture. Not too late.
Anything - even 500 would have been a meaningful way of giving some meaning. Even if "these things happen" with IT infrastructure - the extent of the impact was way out of line of what's acceptable. Many people had a real impact in their life as the result of United's failure.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Ad on my Facebook feed shows a law firm stirring up a class action lawsuit.
If you were going to gin up a class action suit against United, I don't think an unplanned IT failure would be the best hook. Incompetence isn't as actionable as conspiracy or concealment. I'd go after systematic lying about the root causes of delays or misconnects to avoid compensating / vouchering customers, or routinely concealing customers' EU261 compensation eligibility in hopes they don't find out, or pushing unauthorized charges onto customers' credit cards and then dragging their feet about reversing them.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kale73
Same email. I got in 7 hrs behind scheduled arrival time. No offer of compensation.
a new low for UA. They screw up badly, get a ton a bad press and they don't even throw a bone to their HVCs?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cfischer
Originally Posted by kale73
Same email. I got in 7 hrs behind scheduled arrival time. No offer of compensation.
a new low for UA. They screw up badly, get a ton a bad press and they don't even throw a bone to their HVCs?
Yet UA gave goalie-sis (no status at that time on a full Y fare) 5,000 RDM's as "Customer Care Compensation" for a 4 hour mx delay Tokyo-Singapore back in March
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by goalie
Yet UA gave goalie-sis (no status at that time on a full Y fare) 5,000 RDM's as "Customer Care Compensation" for a 4 hour mx delay Tokyo-Singapore back in March
It's just so random which is even more exasperating.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by cfischer
Wow. even when United emerges from the Goose Bay Cone of Silence PR strategy and attempts a mea culpa, it falls flat and half baked.

One sentence struck me in the email blast to folks seriously inconvenienced by a systemwide ground halt due to internal UA issues:

"We know you count on us to provide you with a hassle-free and reliable journey when you choose to fly with us, and we take that very seriously."

This is simply not true. Her boss has admitted that 80% reliability is their desired goal and anything more is a serious cost to the airline. So, internally, they have weighed spending additional money to achieve better results and determined that the countless missed weddings, funerals, honeymoons, business meetings the 80% number represents to their passengers is a burden their customers must bear.

I no longer "count on United to provide me a hassle free and reliable journey when I chose to fly with them." Instead, in the couple of trips I now make with them each year due to price or overwhelming schedule convenience, at the start of the day I prepare myself for some inevitable "hassle"-an IRROP, a sullen employee inflicting verbal trauma and so on.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
United is just falling further and further short of being a company that has any desire to show it respects or values its customers.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by transportbiz
United is just falling further and further short of being a company that has any desire to show it respects or values its customers.
In my over 2 decades flying United, I've come across many front line UA personnel who understand the value of their customers. I can't imagine how depressing it is for those loyal and dedicated employees to have to come to work each day knowing that their leadership doesn't share their values and goals.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportbiz
UA is becoming a company that barely tolerates customers and certainly does not honor their interest in reliable, predictable transport.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dank0014
At least blueman2 received an email. I have still yet to hear anything from United regarding how badly my flight was that day (we boarded three total times, and got to our destination about 6 hours late). I know the email wasn't much, but just think it's crazy how it's been basically silent to some passengers about the issue and no apology even sent....and yes, I checked my spam and yes my email is correctly listed in my profile.
Weird, I wasn't delayed at all that day (SFO-LHR) and I received the same email as blueman2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.