Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA, Some Others
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Hopefully the wind conditions remain calm here on West Maui. Mokulele has been known to turn around and land back at HNL if the conditions are tough.
That Mokulele flight was brilliant! Took 328 out of Denver at 11.30 non stop to HNL. 2B in a 777. Barca lounger, pillow, blanket... It was pretty nice. Took the pot stickers for lunch (nobody asked if I was Mr Denver19 1K, but whatever), and had a little gelato to finish. Arrived early into Honolulu, walked about 17 miles to the commuter terminal (there is a bus), and boarded the 9 passenger Mok flight to Kapalua. Fabulous. Great views of Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, Lanai and Molokai.

And no wind on landing. Sitting on my lanai in west Maui contemplating the work day tomorrow, but that is a good way to travel from Denver to west Maui. No drive from Kahului was "da kine".
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by denver19
..........Sitting on my lanai in west Maui contemplating the work day tomorrow, but that is a good way to travel from Denver to west Maui. No drive from Kahului was "da kine".
The only way to beat that is the 767 lie flats DEN-OGG. The 55 minute drive from OGG to West Maui detracts a little from the overall convenience of the direct flight in the lie flats. Hope work doesn't get in the way of your time over here.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
The only way to beat that is the 767 lie flats DEN-OGG. The 55 minute drive from OGG to West Maui detracts a little from the overall convenience of the direct flight in the lie flats. Hope work doesn't get in the way of your time over here.
767? I think you meant 757?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
That Mokulele flight was brilliant! Took 328 out of Denver at 11.30 non stop to HNL. 2B in a 777. Barca lounger, pillow, blanket... It was pretty nice. Took the pot stickers for lunch (nobody asked if I was Mr Denver19 1K, but whatever), and had a little gelato to finish. Arrived early into Honolulu, walked about 17 miles to the commuter terminal (there is a bus), and boarded the 9 passenger Mok flight to Kapalua. Fabulous. Great views of Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, Lanai and Molokai.

And no wind on landing. Sitting on my lanai in west Maui contemplating the work day tomorrow, but that is a good way to travel from Denver to west Maui. No drive from Kahului was "da kine".
No kidding...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by mander
767? I think you meant 757?
Yep........another fat finger slip.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:14 pm

Can you check bags straight through on Mokulele?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:45 am

752 Hawaii non stops

Is there a thread on these? Couldn't find anything.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Is there a thread on these? Couldn't find anything.
Currently you can find them on SFO-LIH and DEN-OGG. You'll occasionally see them on other west coast - Hawaii routes ie LAX-HNL in place of a 753 that went tech.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
...You'll occasionally see them on other west coast - Hawaii routes ie LAX-HNL in place of a 753 that went tech.
...making 16 F passengers real happy, and 8 not (each way)...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
...making 16 F passengers real happy, and 8 not (each way)...
Would this situation qualify for front cabin downgrade compensation for those 8?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:50 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Would this situation qualify for front cabin downgrade compensation for those 8?

GG OVS applies to day of travel downgrades
but not "schedule changes". For schedule changes, change of seating is a reason for a free schedule change / refund. And if you are caught unaware, a email to customer service is likely to provide an ETC.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:35 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Currently you can find them on SFO-LIH and DEN-OGG. You'll occasionally see them on other west coast - Hawaii routes ie LAX-HNL in place of a 753 that went tech.
On the way home (ORD) I get excited when I find them LIH > DEN to get an extra 35 minutes of sleep on that red-eye.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LIH
On the way home (ORD) I get excited when I find them LIH > DEN to get an extra 35 minutes of sleep on that red-eye.
Flew it once SFO-KOA as the result of a "equipment change" and WOW it was nice. Almost didn't want to get off..... Wish it was a regularly used on that route.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
There's a 772 currently running between LAX and HNL.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:06 pm

Are any of the first class seats better than others? And if anyone has been on one for the
Red eye, were there blankets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.