Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by UTex09
Keep expectations low and you'll be fine. It's a bit better then Y since you'll have a bit of legroom, but it is domestic F service and nothing more.
777 SFO-HNL Row 1 center has way more than a "bit" of legroom, I highly recomend..

Old May 8, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AC*E35
Have there been any enhancements to the Hawaii meal service since United announced changes to domestic first?

What would I expect on an EWR-HNL ?
Old May 8, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by highlander88
Have there been any enhancements to the Hawaii meal service since United announced changes to domestic first?

EWR-HNL is a bit but not much better than regular domestic F. It's a breakfast flight and you should expect similar offerings. Once over the water there is a 2nd meal service which is like one of the hot pre-arrival snacks on TATL flights. I think it is fine and marginally better than a regular domestic flight.

The seat of course is the primary reason for taking this flight.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by highlander88

Not much, byo snacks.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
I fly several UA routes to Hawaii throughout the year and really there is no difference anymore between these routes and mainland routes. The largest difference is that the FA's seem to be allowed to wear quite a bit more 'flair' on their uniforms.

Other than that, there is sparkling wine available in all classes which is different and you can still get a mai tai.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:32 pm

Lie Flats to Hawaii

Looking to go to OGG in November. I could also go through HNL if it gives me more options.

What cities does UA have Lie Flat service in F?

I'm originating in ORD but would prefer to stop en route.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Looking to go to OGG in November. I could also go through HNL if it gives me more options.

EWR/IAD-HNL have flat bed seats. DEN-HNL/OGG have them occasionally LAX/SFO occasionally.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by milemonkey

there are lie flats on EWR/IAD/SFO-HNL...and an INTL 752 in the past on DEN-OGG. ORD-HNL/OGG is the high density Hawaii 772 config so you wanna avoid that if you are prioritizing lie flat over nonstop.

I would shoot for the ORD-DEN-OGG if operated on the INTL 752 still. I certainly would not go for a two stop itinerary just to get on UA lieflat metal, but ya'll here are crazy about your lie flats so maybe that is appealing.

last time i flew one of these, pillows and blankets were not of international quality, so you might wanna pack your own...
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
there are lie flats on EWR/IAD/SFO-HNL...and an INTL 752 in the past on DEN-OGG.
Lie flats on SFO-HNL are gone, except when they swap in an int'l 772 or 744.

They'll be back with the new HD configuration.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Lie flats on SFO-HNL are gone, except when they swap in an int'l 772 or 744. ....
But the Hawaii 772 used out of SFO and some LAX have barcaloungers, not standard domestic F. Personally if I am not planning on sleeping, I might prefer the barcaloungers.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But the Hawaii 772 used out of SFO and some LAX have barcaloungers, not standard domestic F. Personally if I am not planning on sleeping, I might prefer the barcaloungers.
I like the barcaloungers, too . . . but they are not lie-flats. Those left when they pulled the 764.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Westbound out of ORD, I don't see the point of lie-flats if it involves changing planes/layovers etc just to catch one. It's a daytime flight.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Sadly, never out of LAX
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Used an RPU for barcalounger on HNL-IAH and a last minute swap got me lie flat on 764 a few years ago

Not sure if they still sub them in, as I don't recall seeing posts about that in the last year.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, United Club Member, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska-MVP
I got lucky last year and had an INTL 772 with lie flats on IAH-HNL and back a week later. I'm sure it happens once a week or so, but I wouldn't go out of my way to bet on that equipment switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.