Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Are any of the first class seats better than others? ...
It varies by aircraft type used. See wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-threads.html for links to aircraft type specific discussions.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, HiltonHonors, AAdvantage, Starwood Prefered Guest, Marriott Rewards
Are any of the first class seats better than others? And if anyone has been on one for the
Red eye, were there blankets?
I can only comment on a recent HNL-IAD flight, but yes, the First Class section (my boarding pass called it "Polaris Business") had the new Saks Fifth Avenue pillow and blanket. Nice.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Gold SPG and Marriott, Silver United Milage Plus
United First Hawaii

I just flew ORD-HNL on B/F, B777, 2-4-2 configuration, had the Saks Fifth Ave., memory foam, pillows, really great, we had two side seats.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:36 am

Has anyone on a 752 to or from Hawaii gotten Polaris amenities? I thought Polaris was just for international.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:59 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Has anyone on a 752 to or from Hawaii gotten Polaris amenities? I thought Polaris was just for international.
A month ago LIH > DEN had polaris pillow and blanket
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Long-haul int'l gets Polaris service/amenities/meals/lounges, and (eventually) Polaris seats. Putting Polaris pillows/blanket on a domestic lie-flat seat doesn't make it a Polaris flight.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: United, Delta
United to Hawaii in First Class

Originally Posted by findark
I'll take a lie-flat and no pillow over recliner F any day of the week.
Sorry, I know this thread is old. I'll be flying out on a United 752 flt 1758 April 8 DEN - KOA. So is it true no pillows in F? We did have the pillows and blanket on our IAH - HNL 772 in F. Was a good ride and great service. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by kmoberly; Mar 26, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kmoberly
Sorry, I know this thread is old. I'll be flying out on a United 752 flt 1758 April 8 DEN - KOA. So is it true no pillows in F? We did have the pillows and blanket on our IAH - HNL 772 in F. Was a good ride and great service. Thanks for any input.
Typically you will not get pillows on the 752s on non-Polaris (previously, BusinessFirst) routes. The widebodies are provisioned differently, and typically do have pillows (and the international duvets), even on domestic flights.

Thus, we got no pillows on LIH-LAX on the 752, just the paper thin blue blanket.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Typically you will not get pillows on the 752s on non-Polaris (previously, BusinessFirst) routes. The widebodies are provisioned differently, and typically do have pillows (and the international duvets), even on domestic flights.

Thus, we got no pillows on LIH-LAX on the 752, just the paper thin blue blanket.
We got no blankets on Hnl - den red eye last year. Wife still has frost bite
And hasn't let me forget. We got a $125 each from Ual. Big whoop
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Update from Trip

Originally Posted by findark
I'll take a lie-flat and no pillow over recliner F any day of the week.
We got no blankets on Hnl - den red eye last year. Wife still has frost bite
And hasn't let me forget. We got a $125 each from Ual. Big whoop
Making alternate plans to take our own pillows. Any favorite travel pillows out there? I'll report back on our travel experience. Thanks for info.

Update: So the flight on the 752 from Den to KOA included the Saks blankets, I think it was the larger pillow and also the headphones. I was pleasantly surprised. However, I was as equally disappointed in the service. The additional snack item (sandwich, soup) was not available and also the flight attendants were not attentive at all. Our other flights including the 772 red eye from LAX to ORD was great service. I was awake the entire flight and the attendants constantly stopped by asking if needed anything. So different from the DEN KOA flight where you definitely had to flag someone down to get anything.
Attached Images   

Last edited by kmoberly; Apr 21, 2017 at 7:25 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Making alternate plans to take our own pillows. Any favorite travel pillows out there? I'll report back on our travel experience. Thanks for info.
Yes. The Company Store down travel pillow rolls up neatly, is very comfortable. There is also a synthetic option.

I've had mine for probably 20 years and still going strong. Its also good for not-so-great pillows in hotels and guest rooms.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just did DEN-KOA earlier this month. I recall having the smaller Polaris pillow and blanket. Basically the same experience as on a plain old Business branded flight (ie, BOG-IAH) on the 752.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thesun
I just did DEN-KOA earlier this month. I recall having the smaller Polaris pillow and blanket. Basically the same experience as on a plain old Business branded flight (ie, BOG-IAH) on the 752.
In over half a dozen flights on the 752 IAH-BOG, they never had pillows.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
If flying LAX - LIH

two words.....very little!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA GS
Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. Plane swap on UA 706 tomorrow (OGG-LAX) to 757 lie flat. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.