Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Companion on different PNR, different ticket stock, and partially different itinerary

I'm Premier Plat. My companion has no status on UA (or AC)

I'm flying PHX-IAH-MSY. Marketed, ticketed, and operated by UA.

My companion is flying YWG-IAH-MSY. All marketed and ticketed by AC, but we are on the same UA-operated IAH-MSY segment. Companion will be flying with an AC FF number (no status, as mentioned above)

Is it possible to somehow link our reservations to allow companion to get a free E+ seat? What about CPU for companion?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
... Is it possible to somehow link our reservations ...
The is no concept of linking tickets

...to allow companion to get a free E+ seat? ...
When on the same flight as you, you can call and request this after booking. Note on aircraft changes, the individual may be swept back into E- and you will need to call again.

..What about CPU for companion?
If on a paid ticket, when on the same flight as you, you can ask for this at the gate. The companion will at the bottom of your status group

See the thread's wiki for other potential companion benefits.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The is no concept of linking tickets

When on the same flight as you, you can call and request this after booking. Note on aircraft changes, the individual may be swept back into E- and you will need to call again.

If on a paid ticket, when on the same flight as you, you can ask for this at the gate. The companion will at the bottom of your status group

See the thread's wiki for other potential companion benefits.
Thanks. The fact that companion's ticket is marketed and ticketed by AC doesn't matter here?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thanks. The fact that companion's ticket is marketed and ticketed by AC doesn't matter here?
Just needs to be an UA operated flight and for CPU, a paid flight, not an award ticket.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: United 1K, United 1MM, HH Diamond
Baggage for partner once booking split

I have a trip coming up where I have my partner on the same reservation, so she gets my 1K luggage benefit (i..e 3x32kg bags per person) extended to her. However, due to my work situation there is some chance I'll have to split the reservation and change my flight for the return leg and travel separately (we will complete the outbound leg together on the same reservation).

Can anyone advise if my partner will still retain the luggage allowance(really in order to take some of my luggage back with her)? Or will she drop to the standard economy 1x23kg allowance if I'm not travelling with her for the return leg.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
you will only get the benefit if on the same reservation. Once you split it and you are on a different flight then no more benefits
Old May 4, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by GreigM
I have a trip coming up where I have my partner on the same reservation, so she gets my 1K luggage benefit (i..e 3x32kg bags per person) extended to her. However, due to my work situation there is some chance I'll have to split the reservation and change my flight for the return leg and travel separately (we will complete the outbound leg together on the same reservation). ....
If reserving was split but unchanged, then yes.
But once your itin is changed, this become a two separate reservation situation and the bag benefit will not longer apply. While on the segment you travel together, you may share some elite benefits but bag allowance is YMMV -- you can ask but expect no.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA MM PL /AA/DL PL/LY GL
Linking my son's PNR to my PNR

Hi,

I am planning a flight next week and just bought a ticket for my son to join me. He will fly one way with me and we are on different PNRs. How can I get his PNR linked to mine so that he can also get Economy Plus seating and so that we can try to get seats together etc?

If this is not formally possible, will UA help me on the phone to have him seated next to me for free?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2022, 4:45 pm

If you call in you can get him E+ assuming he is not on a BE ticket.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Call in, have them annotate the records, and you'll get the E+ seating and also they'll keep you together in case of IRROPS. You can't combine the PNR's, but this usually works fine.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cricketer
they'll keep you together in case of IRROPS. You can't combine the PNR's, but this usually works fine.
never heard of that ...
Old May 8, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cricketer
...and also they'll keep you together in case of IRROPS...
They'll be lucky if they stay together, and not because an agent looked at notation on a PNR - you give UA too much credit. OP may well have to call again in case of IRROPS.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
You can call in and get him in E+ with you.

You can't link the PNRs in any substantive way.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by TLVflyer
...How can I get his PNR linked to mine so that he can also get Economy Plus seating and so that we can try to get seats together etc? ..
As far a E+ access, that can be handled with a call for the flights you are also on. You companion can board with you and go to premier check-in and security.

As far as combining or linking PNRs. nothing meaningful can be done
Combine reservations into one PNR? Can not be done. "Linking" PNRs, no benefit.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 8, 2022 at 7:35 pm Reason: linking
Old May 9, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold
I got lucky for getting my companion on a separate paid ticket added to the upgrade list through a check-in counter agent even though I was booked in XN so it never hurts to try

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.