Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
No, there is no linking.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
is it possible to share companion benefits with someone on a different PNR //ticket that was obtained with miles?

I imagine the process might be, I get my ticket, I get the award ticket then I call??? and link the two tickets?? (is this possible/the suggested way) ?
You can't link them but you can get E+ seating for a companion on the same flight in the same cabin class if you're UA Gold by calling in.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
is it possible to share companion benefits with someone on a different PNR //ticket that was obtained with miles?

I imagine the process might be, I get my ticket, I get the award ticket then I call??? and link the two tickets?? (is this possible/the suggested way) ?
what benefits are you looking to 'share'?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
What would you do in my case: I have, say, 120K miles and am going to book a EWR -> ATH -> IST (excursionist perk) -> EWR trip all in miles. I'm MP Platinum. My friend is going to come with me. He has 60K miles but no status. We are booking far enough in advance that we thought I'd be able to book, and he'd be able to book, and we can pick seats next to each other even without putting them on the same reservation. But now I'm wondering if I'm going to get access to like E+ seats and he won't.

I don't want to have him transfer his miles to me to book, that's going to cost so much money.

Should I just see what seats would be available to each of us? We want to sit near each other.

Maybe I can sit in the last row of E+ and he sit in the first row of E-.

Last edited by kac2138; Oct 12, 2019 at 2:39 pm
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kac2138
...But now I'm wondering if I'm going to get access to like E+ seats and he won't. ....
As a Plat, you can guest companions into E+ even went on separate PNRs. You will need to call to do this (watch from time to time if there are schedule / aircraft changes that might sweep the individuals back to E-.

You can also guest the individual into your boarding group and premier (not Pre-Check) security line.

More in the thread's wiki
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As a Plat, you can guest companions into E+ even went on separate PNRs. You will need to call to do this (watch from time to time if there are schedule / aircraft changes that might sweep the individuals back to E-.

You can also guest the individual into your boarding group and premier (not Pre-Check) security line.

More in the thread's wiki
Thanks! That is helpful. Do I have to call to book or is it call after the fact to get a new seat assignment?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kac2138
Thanks! That is helpful. Do I have to call to book or is it call after the fact to get a new seat assignment?
Is done with or after booking, but must be done by you. So after booking is probably easier.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: Continental
E+. For gold companion?

Can a premiere gold have a person join them in e+ if not on the same pnr by calling premier line?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Yes you can
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Need to call. Get your companion PNR and date of birth before calling.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Need to call. Get your companion PNR and date of birth before calling.
Or phone number used on the reservation. Many times I've had to say something along the lines of - 'my colleague and I are not that close and I do not know his DOB'.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:51 am

My brother who is gold tried to do it. He called, they said no. HUCA!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by hockey7711
My brother who is gold tried to do it. He called, they said no. HUCA!
Was he also in E+ (and of course on the same flight)? Some agents will insist on that.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
My wife and I were fling together on separate reservations last week, and I had called to get her an E+ seat next to me. No problem. When it looked probable that I would be upgraded, I went to the desk to see if I could move her seat to the aisle so that I could give her the F seat and have an aisle for myself. But while I waited, both of us were upgraded. It was a real surprise, as I didn't think that benefit would be available to her.

For what it's worth, the flight went out with several empty F seats.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:43 am

Yes, he was already in E+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.