Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
So, do I understand correctly that if I use my 1K miles to book my daughter and grandson on flights that I am not on they no longer get any benefits, like baggage allowance and E+ access?

Can I use PlusPoints to request upgrades for them?

Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michilander
So, do I understand correctly that if I use my 1K miles to book my daughter and grandson on flights that I am not on they no longer get any benefits, like baggage allowance and E+ access?
Correct.

Originally Posted by Michilander
Can I use PlusPoints to request upgrades for them?
Not if you book the flight with miles, no. If the flight is booked with cash, then, yes.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Off-PNR CPU - anything I should mention at Gate?

Planning to get a friend on same flight today CPU'ed. I cleared CPU days ago, and there is more than enough J space with all CPUs cleared. Anything I need to mention or note when requesting this at the gate to the GA? At a hub so hoping they know the drill. However, not getting myself too excited as it isn't an official policy. He is on a paid economy ticket. Plan to have him up there with me at podium with boarding passes in hand about 10-15 min prior to boarding.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by priobagtag
Planning to get a friend on same flight today CPU'ed. I cleared CPU days ago, and there is more than enough J space with all CPUs cleared. Anything I need to mention or note when requesting this at the gate to the GA? At a hub so hoping they know the drill. However, not getting myself too excited as it isn't an official policy. He is on a paid economy ticket. Plan to have him up there with me at podium with boarding passes in hand about 10-15 min prior to boarding.
i had a CI agent cleared it on the spot since all CPUs had cleared. Otherwise, sometimes I had Agents on Demand add my companion to the list within T-24 since some (or all?) are GAs. A few either inexperienced or just unwilling AoD agents refused and redirected me to reservations, which won't work unless it's on the same PNR.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by leftysauce
i had a CI agent cleared it on the spot since all CPUs had cleared. Otherwise, sometimes I had Agents on Demand add my companion to the list within T-24 since some (or all?) are GAs. A few either inexperienced or just unwilling AoD agents refused and redirected me to reservations, which won't work unless it's on the same PNR.
Had no idea that AoD were gate agents - great to know! Kind lounge agent who had many years of experience was nice enough to add him to the list (and cleared). Always a nice treat for the companion! All CPU's clearing ahead of time and a ton of space left definitely helped in our case.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Three family members on award ticket, I’m on revenue ticket same flight.

Plan is to call 1K line to add them to E+ with me.

I’m going to apply plus points to my PNR. If I get UG’d ahead of time I assume they won’t lose their E+ seats? Maybe I’m worrying too much because UA seems to never clear PP for me domestically until T-24.

And don’t worry, if it does clear my wife is sitting up front and I get the kids.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Three family members on award ticket, I’m on revenue ticket same flight.

Plan is to call 1K line to add them to E+ with me.

I’m going to apply plus points to my PNR. If I get UG’d ahead of time I assume they won’t lose their E+ seats? Maybe I’m worrying too much because UA seems to never clear PP for me domestically until T-24.

And don’t worry, if it does clear my wife is sitting up front and I get the kids.
just requires you be on same fligjt to extend benefits. Your seat getting upgraded wont have any effect on their seat assignments
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
just requires you be on same fligjt to extend benefits. Your seat getting upgraded wont have any effect on their seat assignments
That's not correct. Technically you need to be in the same cabin for the E+ benefit to apply.

This does not usually get caught when the status pax is upgraded subsequent to seat selection, but if an agent looks at the reservations, the off-PNR companions may lose their E+ seats.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's not correct. Technically you need to be in the same cabin for the E+ benefit to apply [emphasis added].

This does not usually get caught when the status pax is upgraded subsequent to seat selection, but if an agent looks at the reservations, the off-PNR companions may lose their E+ seats.
I did not know that. I was actually looking to do something like this...
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
If I have Silver status but have a companion on a separate PNR, is there anyway to get them E+ seating with myself at the checkin window? Or do they have to be on the same PNR?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by safari ari
If I have Silver status but have a companion on a separate PNR, is there anyway to get them E+ seating with myself at the checkin window? ...
Yes but since off-PNR you will need to call at check-in.

See this thread's wiki for more off-PNR benefits
SPN Lifer and safari ari like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes but since off-PNR you will need to call at check-in.

See this thread's wiki for more off-PNR benefits
Perfect, thank you, couldn’t find this thread on split PNR benefits.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:18 pm

If I am on a rev ticket and my companion (different PNR) is on an award ticket, will the gate agent add my companion to the UG list and at the bottom of the 1Ks on the flight? We have one overlapping leg that I care about.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
If I am on a rev ticket and my companion (different PNR) is on an award ticket, will the gate agent add my companion to the UG list and at the bottom of the 1Ks on the flight? We have one overlapping leg that I care about.
Update: The gate agent cleared my companion (on an award ticket) into first last night. Took him a few minutes to do it, but didn't give me a hard time at all.
jsloan and gongtiger like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 2:33 pm

How to best handle work trip when taking family

So I have a few upcoming work trips that I plan on taking my family. I have to book my flight vi Concur at work which means my wife and daughter need to book separately on United.com The problem I'm running into is none of our perks extend to my wife and child if I'm not on the reservation.

For instance have have both a United Quest and United Club card, but my wife is the AU on both so it seems the free luggage and priority boarding etc don't convey to them since I'm not on the reservation.

How do folks typically handle this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.