Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:46 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goodeats21
No cert used for purchase. Simple one way trip to LAX in business on a 3 cabin 777. I did apply an RPU to move up to First, which is wait listed.

Not a big deal. Will check it again tomorrow. Just funny to me all the blips with United's system.
Having a waitlisted upgrade has been my other experience in having to call in to get a schedule change accepted so if you do call, ask the agent if it is the waitlisted upgraded which is preventing you from accepting the schedule change
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goalie
Having a waitlisted upgrade has been my other experience in having to call in to get a schedule change accepted so if you do call, ask the agent if it is the waitlisted upgraded which is preventing you from accepting the schedule change
Yep, red schedule change message came back again this morning. Called in to get it cleared. Agent didn't mention anything about the waitlisted RPU, but assured me it was all taken care of now.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
schedule change by few min, then can change flight dates?

On my Taiwan to Maui (Via NRT/HNL) flight ( stopover) then OGG to LAX, the OGG-LAX flight time has changed 5 min later. Does such a small schedule change allow me to make a date change without a fee? united.com is asking if I am Ok with the change (I should say it says something click here, if I am aware of the change but seems not allow online to change date?)
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Taipei
On my Taiwan to Maui (Via NRT/HNL) flight (stopover) then OGG to LAX, the OGG-LAX flight time has changed 5 min later. Does such a small schedule change allow me to make a date change without a fee?
No. Two hours is generally viewed as the minimum. Sometimes agents will grant exceptions for a shorter change if you have a good explanation why it's appropriate, but it's hard to justify that here.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:10 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Taipei
On my Taiwan to Maui (Via NRT/HNL) flight ( stopover) then OGG to LAX, the OGG-LAX flight time has changed 5 min later. Does such a small schedule change allow me to make a date change without a fee? united.com is asking if I am Ok with the change (I should say it says something click here, if I am aware of the change but seems not allow online to change date?)
While Kacee's advice is sound, any change on UA's part is an opening to make a change of your own.

1. Don't accept the change.
  2. Call and request a change of date.

Keep in mind, however, that your position is exceedingly weak and you will likely fail. Still, all you have to lose is a little time.

RNE, having successfully talked my way into changes and cancellations after schedule changes of less than five minutes.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Looks like some schedule changes loaded this weekend, so you may want to check your reservations.

I had a couple, mostly beneficial, including an expanded connection time on what was originally pretty tight UAX->Intl.

Weird one involving a July HKG flight though. Schedule change notice with time of departure showing as changed...but when checking my original receipt, it is the same time as originally booked.

Everything else looks the same...flight time, arrival time, plane type, flight number, etc.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I just received a schedule change notifiction - EWR IAH via BOS - now the BOS IAH segment is 2 hours later.
This is the return portion of a trip I purchased - I would be happy to cancel if I could receive any credit for it, or if there was some other way to benefit from the change.

What can I reasonably ask for? Should I call or or write? (The flights are 2 months off).
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
SIN-SFO end of the year has pushed back about 25 min.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I just received a schedule change notifiction - EWR IAH via BOS - now the BOS IAH segment is 2 hours later.
This is the return portion of a trip I purchased - I would be happy to cancel if I could receive any credit for it, or if there was some other way to benefit from the change.

What can I reasonably ask for? Should I call or or write? (The flights are 2 months off).
2 hrs is just about what it might take to get a refund. Call and tell them the new schedule does not work for you anymore and you'd like a refund. They might put you on the non-stop instead and there isn't much that you can do about it. Worth a try ...
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Oh the joy...or maybe I should say the good, the bad and the ugly....Was booked to go EWR-YVR via SFO in F. A month ago I found a schedule change and left us with a 4+ hour layover is SFO instead of the original 2 hours so I called. Before I called I ran a phantom on the trip again to see what my options are and found UA now has two non-stops a day from EWR to YVR. Agent was nice enough to to move us to the morning non-stop get our seats etc, no upcharge, no change fee. Looking at it this morning that flight is now an AB319 with only 8 seats in F and we have no seat assignments....and no seats are showing open. This is not going to end well and it points out yet again why you need to check your itineraries at least once a month.....
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gene2632
Oh the joy...or maybe I should say the good, the bad and the ugly....Was booked to go EWR-YVR via SFO in F. A month ago I found a schedule change and left us with a 4+ hour layover is SFO instead of the original 2 hours so I called. Before I called I ran a phantom on the trip again to see what my options are and found UA now has two non-stops a day from EWR to YVR. Agent was nice enough to to move us to the morning non-stop get our seats etc, no upcharge, no change fee. Looking at it this morning that flight is now an AB319 with only 8 seats in F and we have no seat assignments....and no seats are showing open. This is not going to end well and it points out yet again why you need to check your itineraries at least once a month.....
I love it when that happens. Bump compensation is usually generous for the F cabin, and you can probably talk them into rebooking you into CX F instead.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I love it when that happens. Bump compensation is usually generous for the F cabin, and you can probably talk them into rebooking you into CX F instead.
that I doubt. CX F? They will re-route UA or AC ... but not CX.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Got a notification of schedule change, May 1 UA 617 EWR-ATL from 7pm departure to 5.20pm departure. Any chance of calling 1k desk asking for a refund of the ticket? I cannot make that flight, as its almost 2 hours earlier than I booked.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Any chance of calling 1k desk asking for a refund of the ticket? I cannot make that flight, as its almost 2 hours earlier than I booked.
There's always a chance. You could also move to a later flight if that fits your schedule better.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There's always a chance. You could also move to a later flight if that fits your schedule better.
Does anyone know what the rules are for this? How much can they change the schedule without offering refund?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.