Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Kmxu
We might have bought the same cheap fare. My original routing was RIC-EWR-ATL-EWR-HKG. Because of change of the departure time of EWR-ATL flight a few weeks ago, this created misconnect. The agent could just drop EWR-ATL-EWR flights, but she/he did not. The new routing became RIC-ORD-HKG. As an incentive, RPU was cleared for all eligible segments (e.g., HNL-IAH). All of them were done without a single call.
Dang, and I thought my original routing was roundabout!!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
very likely yes, call them and ask.

i had one of my own for an upcoming INTL J award, short domestic segment went from CR2->CR7 and I space is open on the new flight so i have to call and get bumped up. sometimes these things work out. ^
Thanks. They made the change for me and I got some taxes refunded and 10k miles back. The downside is I'm riding UA.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Okay, this is weird, I thought it was just that the time changes hadn't been included in my reservation properly but it actually turns out that united.com and aircanada.com are showing two different times for the same flight.

The flight in question is UA 547 / AC 5141 on September 25th. UA shows it as leaving at 7:00, whereas AC shows it leaving at 7:10. My inbound flight, AC 156 is due to land at 5:53, so according to AC I have a 1:17 layover which is above MCT, but if the UA time is right, my layover is only 1:07, below MCT.

However, since it is a AC ticket and they are showing a 1:17 layover, I bet they won't do a free change due to MCT.
operating carrier time is correct. Ask the TA to fix it and stop worrying about it unless you want to call UA or AC and have them deal with it. They might be telling you to call the TA anyways ... so that would be the first course of action.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Thanks. They made the change for me and I got some taxes refunded and 10k miles back. The downside is I'm riding UA.
That two-stop itinerary was going to be pretty grueling.

Score row 6 on the 789 and you're all set
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by cfischer
operating carrier time is correct. Ask the TA to fix it and stop worrying about it unless you want to call UA or AC and have them deal with it. They might be telling you to call the TA anyways ... so that would be the first course of action.
Yeah, I sent all my research to my TA, and they are looking into it.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I am flying a round trip from USA to YVR. The reservation was made through my employers travel agent. The outbound is all on United (via DEN). The return is YVR to YYZ on AC then YYZ to home (via ORD).
Have that offered regularly, where YYJ-YYZ-DFW gets offered as the cheapest option. Searching myself on UAL.com. Both paid and reward travel.

And while haven't done that, I've flown YYJ-YYC-IAH-DFW.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Pb Medallion
United cancelled my nonstop, can I make a change to departure city?

Planned to drive to ORD to catch ORD-AUA nonstop this winter (after past bad experience losing out on days of vacation thanks to winter weather and connections). Just notified of scheduled change to fly ORD-EWR-AUA outbound (return still nonstop). Appears our Friday ORD-AUA nonstop was outright cancelled.

Looks like we could cut a day from our trip, leave on a Saturday instead of Friday, and still catch a nonstop ORD-AUA. One agent I spoke to said this change could be made free of charge.

But I was thinking, if we don't want to lose a day and have to connect anyway, could I try to get XXX-EWR-AUA outbound and AUA-ORD-XXX return (same AUA-ORD flight already booked). Avoids the whole need to drive to ORD, avoids shortening the trip.

Does a "Schedule Change" allow for this kind of originating-city change without charge?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cs19
... Does a "Schedule Change" allow for this kind of originating-city change without charge?
Don't think there is a simple answer to this other than agents in these circumstances have significant discretion. So I would not hesitate asking -- just remember there is no explicit requirement to make such a change and it would be best to politely end the call if the agent is reluctant and try for a more flexible agent.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Price out xxx-EWR-AUA versus what you originally paid.

If cheaper, then just cancel for a full refund the original itinerary, and repurchase.

If more, ask if it can be done with both change fee and fare waiver. YMMV on the fare waiver, as the new departure city is a new variable.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Price out xxx-EWR-AUA versus what you originally paid.

If cheaper, then just cancel for a full refund the original itinerary, and repurchase.

If more, ask if it can be done with both change fee and fare waiver. YMMV on the fare waiver, as the new departure city is a new variable.
This is proving problematic for the return portion thanks to a confluence of events. We're in Business (P). ORD//AUA is on the 739 with that inventory quirk where they only show 8 First for possible equipment downgrade. So for that return AUA-ORD I'm having trouble finding inventory AUA-ORD-XXX, probably because we are eating up 4 P fares on our existing reservation.

Last edited by cs19; Jun 20, 2016 at 10:54 am Reason: reversed city order
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
they will certainly route you ORD-EWR-AUA on the original date of travel if you ask for it. i doubt they are going to make a free change to XXX-AUA round trip, which is probably quite a lot higher than the original cost...never hurts to ask but be prepared to be told NO.

also check on just repurchasing the whole thing even on another airline...it might be comparable or cheaper.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:01 pm

Thanks all for the thoughts. After the .com seemed to work out a few bugs, finally started showing two nontops the following day. Called and easily got moved one day to keep our travel nonstop out of Chicago as originally planned.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Has anyone ever had it where there is a schedule change, but you don't get the message to confirm it? That is, when you look at your itinerary it's just different?

My wife and her mother are taking a trip to Europe on separate PNR's (different origin city). There was a schedule change on the return TATL. On my MILs itinerary, it asked to confirm/accept the change (haven't done so yet), but on my wife's itinerary the change was automatically made and she wasn't asked to accept/confirm it.

Oh: And on a funny note, my wife's changed itinerary shows one of her TATL flights being on an A320.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:20 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Has anyone ever had it where there is a schedule change, but you don't get the message to confirm it? That is, when you look at your itinerary it's just different?

My wife and her mother are taking a trip to Europe on separate PNR's (different origin city). There was a schedule change on the return TATL. On my MILs itinerary, it asked to confirm/accept the change (haven't done so yet), but on my wife's itinerary the change was automatically made and she wasn't asked to accept/confirm it.

Oh: And on a funny note, my wife's changed itinerary shows one of her TATL flights being on an A320.
If you wait long enough they will confirm it automatically. Had it happen to me, where they would generate an automatic call -- go to .bomb and it would be changed.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Very nice flight-change discretion exercised by 1K ticket agent the other day.

My wife and I are on two separate PNRs for trip to Tucson, Arizona, with her return to EWR and mine to IAD. Originally, we were both returning from PHX, with about a one-hour difference in our flight times, and were going to drive to PHX from Tucson. My flight got moved over two hours earlier, meaning both that we'd have to leave Tucson at an ungodly early hour and that my wife would be hanging around PHX for over three hours waiting for her flight.

TA moved me to a convenient TUS-IAH-IAD itinerary for no change fee or fare difference. And she moved my wife to TUS-IAH-EWR itinerary, also for no change fee or fare difference, with us sitting together on TUS-IAH, and then parting ways in IAH with departure times within fifteen minutes of each other. She did have to talk to a supervisor about my wife's ticket, since hers wasn't subject to a schedule change, but their flexibility was much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.