Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
I've had a PS flight (preceeded by an Int'l, followed by a domestic the next day) change: departure is 15" later, arrival is 5" later.

This is all OK, but looking at seat selections I no longer have seats on the PS or the domestic, and trying to open seat selection online results in:

"! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.
! Reaccomodation Pending - retry later"

(The app just shows: "Seat map is not available at this time")

I only got the schedule change notification (from Egencia) a few minutes ago, I wonder what's happening to this. I can understand the PS flight seating not being available if they're e.g. doing an aircraft change too, but the domestic shouldn't be affected... Let's wait and see.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
This is normal behavior on Friday night and all day Saturday. Leave it alone and check it again on Sunday. Seats will be restored if the plane is not changing. Otherwise you may need to select a new seat.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
This is normal behavior on Friday night and all day Saturday. Leave it alone and check it again on Sunday. Seats will be restored if the plane is not changing. Otherwise you may need to select a new seat.
Ah good to know - I have a feeling this is the first time I noticed because of the egencia email (whereas most of my bookings are directly with UA).

Funnily enough the very first domestic segment on my itinerary is showing a different aircraft in the Egencia update (I have two segments before the int'l-PS-domestic I described), compared to what was shown at booking time, and on the UA website. Maybe that means there are more changes coming, or maybe egencia is just confused (this flight is operated by a 789 on most days, but my day of travel is a 739 - egencia claims its now a 789, but UA tells me it's still a 739).

// Edit: yes, that last flight also changed its times. And now as an added bonus, I can't select seats on most of the flights I'm currently booking. A short CRJ hop is selectable, two transcons aren't - those show "reaccomodation pending".

Last edited by televisor; Jul 29, 2016 at 9:55 pm
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by televisor
two transcons aren't - those show "reaccomodation pending".
This normally means equipment changes.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
same flight changed for the 3rd weekend in a row
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cfischer
same flight changed for the 3rd weekend in a row
I'll see you and raise you all 4 segments (2 out and 2 back) changed for the 3rd week in a row but major kudos for the reservation's agent ^ in opening up Saver Y on my new segment 4 as I'll gladly take a 3 cabin 777 EWR-SFO in Y vs a PMCO PS 757 in Y*

*now just hope it stays a 3 cabin 777
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I had a 2 minute change and a 10 minute change this week. Still struggling with the SGN booing. UA is very unhelpfull this time around due to a "suspension agreement" that requires routing on ANA and in specific booking classes.. Saddened..
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:47 am

I just had the first flight on SFO-LAX-NRT (first leg UA, second leg ANA) moved forward again, so I now leave SFO at 7am, with a 4hr 20 layover in LAX (originally 8:35 am, and a 2hr 40 layover).

That first leg has also changed from UA to UX, so it seems I'm entitled to rebooking. Is there any possibility of asking to have the first leg rebooked to AA/DL/VX (the only other UA flight in the morning would result in a 1hr 25 layover, which UA don't sell, presumably because it's below MCT). I'd prefer to stay on the ANA flight for the long leg, but I don't want to leave SFO that early / have such a long layover.

If that fails, is it correct to assume I can switch to a direct SFO-NRT on UA? Those 747s don't look all too reliable right now... that said, business looks wide open so *maybe* they'll open up some R space by then and I could snag an UD seat (unlikely, but one can hope). Since the longer leg is on ANA, would they offer to rebook to other ANA operated flights?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That first leg has also changed from UA to UX, so it seems I'm entitled to rebooking.
I don't believe that (in and of itself) is true under the latest Contract of Carriage.

Is there any possibility of asking to have the first leg rebooked to AA/DL/VX
Very small chance, but it never hurts to ask.

If that fails, is it correct to assume I can switch to a direct SFO-NRT on UA?
In general, this should work.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Is there any possibility of asking to have the first leg rebooked to AA/DL/VX (the only other UA flight in the morning would result in a 1hr 25 layover, which UA don't sell, presumably because it's below MCT). ...
There is a big difference between schedule changes and irrops. Irrops must anything is possible.
But schedule changes, not so open. UA will be flexible in re-scheduling to new UA flights and occasionally if no other choice, another *A. Rerouting schedule changes to non-*A, highly unlikely. More likely to offer a full refund.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
... That first leg has also changed from UA to UX, so it seems I'm entitled to rebooking. ...
I don't believe that (in and of itself) is true under the latest Contract of Carriage.... .
The present CoC defines
24.B.
1.Schedule Change – an advance change in UA’s schedule (including a change in operating carrier or itinerary) that is not a unique event such as Irregular Operations or Force Majeure Event as defined below.
But it is still UA's option on resolution

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 1, 2016 at 11:18 pm Reason: self-merge
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I just had the first flight on SFO-LAX-NRT (first leg UA, second leg ANA) moved forward again, so I now leave SFO at 7am, with a 4hr 20 layover in LAX (originally 8:35 am, and a 2hr 40 layover).

That first leg has also changed from UA to UX, so it seems I'm entitled to rebooking. Is there any possibility of asking to have the first leg rebooked to AA/DL/VX (the only other UA flight in the morning would result in a 1hr 25 layover, which UA don't sell, presumably because it's below MCT). I'd prefer to stay on the ANA flight for the long leg, but I don't want to leave SFO that early / have such a long layover.

If that fails, is it correct to assume I can switch to a direct SFO-NRT on UA? Those 747s don't look all too reliable right now... that said, business looks wide open so *maybe* they'll open up some R space by then and I could snag an UD seat (unlikely, but one can hope). Since the longer leg is on ANA, would they offer to rebook to other ANA operated flights?
You can probs get rebooked on NH's SFO-NRT if you ask nicely. It might help to mention the UA-NH Joint Venture (and perhaps the UA codeshare number on SFO-NRT).

If you want a UA-NH connection for some reason, SFO-SEA-NRT is probably a reasonable request as well. AA/DL/VX won't happen.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
You can probs get rebooked on NH's SFO-NRT if you ask nicely. It might help to mention the UA-NH Joint Venture (and perhaps the UA codeshare number on SFO-NRT).

If you want a UA-NH connection for some reason, SFO-SEA-NRT is probably a reasonable request as well. AA/DL/VX won't happen.
I'm flying with a group of people who are on LAX-NRT, which is the main reason for wanting to stick with that NH flight - failing that I'd rather be on UA with a chance of an upgrade (miles+copay), especially since NH are flying 3-4-3 777s.

I wonder if they'd be willing to add the AA/DL/VX leg to the ticket if I were to pay for it myself (the tickets are only $99)? I'm guessing this won't happen either though (I know UA can sell AS legs, but I haven't seen any of the others offered before).

This flight isn't for another 3 months, so I'm considering just waiting to see if more schedule changes happen (i.e. ignoring the change for now).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Just logged in to check something on OGG-DEN I have booked for November and see that there was a schedule change - we now land 30 minutes earlier in DEN than before. Still a 757-200 (which I think is the only aircraft UA flies this route). Weird. Never had that happen before.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:19 pm

I actually found an alternative that keeps my lax-nrt flight, leaving SF at the original departure time: sfo-sbp-lax gets me there in time for the NH flight. It's a 34" connection in SBP, but as far as I can tell it's the same aircraft continuing to LAX. I'm mainly worried that 95" in LAX will be a bit tight, and I don't want my suitcase accidentally left in SBP (I'm guessing connections there aren't common), so I'll wait a bit longer before requesting a change.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

I wonder if they'd be willing to add the AA/DL/VX leg to the ticket if I were to pay for it myself (the tickets are only $99)? I'm guessing this won't happen either though (I know UA can sell AS legs, but I haven't seen any of the others offered before).

This flight isn't for another 3 months, so I'm considering just waiting to see if more schedule changes happen (i.e. ignoring the change for now).
zero chance that they are going to put you on another carrier for that route given UA's frequency. also zero chance that they are going to ticket you with another carrier onto the same reservation, even if you go out of pocket for it.

i am very surprised there is not a UA flight that leaves at 8 or 9am on SFO-LAX. the daily frequency is almost every hour. there is literally nothing else on the schedule on a nonstop that would tighten up your connection (even if they are only selling Y fares)?

i wouldn't risk an SBP connection to keep that together. i would just switch to UA out of SFO nonstop, you could even ask for SFO-HND which is more convenient if your destination is Tokyo. NH SJC-NRT would also be a reasonable request if inventory is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.