FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:38 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by televisor
I just had the first flight on SFO-LAX-NRT (first leg UA, second leg ANA) moved forward again, so I now leave SFO at 7am, with a 4hr 20 layover in LAX (originally 8:35 am, and a 2hr 40 layover).

That first leg has also changed from UA to UX, so it seems I'm entitled to rebooking. Is there any possibility of asking to have the first leg rebooked to AA/DL/VX (the only other UA flight in the morning would result in a 1hr 25 layover, which UA don't sell, presumably because it's below MCT). I'd prefer to stay on the ANA flight for the long leg, but I don't want to leave SFO that early / have such a long layover.

If that fails, is it correct to assume I can switch to a direct SFO-NRT on UA? Those 747s don't look all too reliable right now... that said, business looks wide open so *maybe* they'll open up some R space by then and I could snag an UD seat (unlikely, but one can hope). Since the longer leg is on ANA, would they offer to rebook to other ANA operated flights?
You can probs get rebooked on NH's SFO-NRT if you ask nicely. It might help to mention the UA-NH Joint Venture (and perhaps the UA codeshare number on SFO-NRT).

If you want a UA-NH connection for some reason, SFO-SEA-NRT is probably a reasonable request as well. AA/DL/VX won't happen.