FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:01 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by televisor

I wonder if they'd be willing to add the AA/DL/VX leg to the ticket if I were to pay for it myself (the tickets are only $99)? I'm guessing this won't happen either though (I know UA can sell AS legs, but I haven't seen any of the others offered before).

This flight isn't for another 3 months, so I'm considering just waiting to see if more schedule changes happen (i.e. ignoring the change for now).
zero chance that they are going to put you on another carrier for that route given UA's frequency. also zero chance that they are going to ticket you with another carrier onto the same reservation, even if you go out of pocket for it.

i am very surprised there is not a UA flight that leaves at 8 or 9am on SFO-LAX. the daily frequency is almost every hour. there is literally nothing else on the schedule on a nonstop that would tighten up your connection (even if they are only selling Y fares)?

i wouldn't risk an SBP connection to keep that together. i would just switch to UA out of SFO nonstop, you could even ask for SFO-HND which is more convenient if your destination is Tokyo. NH SJC-NRT would also be a reasonable request if inventory is available.