FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:04 am
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gene2632
Oh the joy...or maybe I should say the good, the bad and the ugly....Was booked to go EWR-YVR via SFO in F. A month ago I found a schedule change and left us with a 4+ hour layover is SFO instead of the original 2 hours so I called. Before I called I ran a phantom on the trip again to see what my options are and found UA now has two non-stops a day from EWR to YVR. Agent was nice enough to to move us to the morning non-stop get our seats etc, no upcharge, no change fee. Looking at it this morning that flight is now an AB319 with only 8 seats in F and we have no seat assignments....and no seats are showing open. This is not going to end well and it points out yet again why you need to check your itineraries at least once a month.....
I love it when that happens. Bump compensation is usually generous for the F cabin, and you can probably talk them into rebooking you into CX F instead.