Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rmlanman
FT geniuses?
Not likely to work with the change this far in advance.

For the OP, if you really want the connection versus the nonstop for some reason a call to UA should get that restored. "I'm meeting a colleague in SFO" or such should be sufficient.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Not likely to work with the change this far in advance.
Out of curiosity, how were you able to ascertain from the OP's post the date of OP's flight?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kale73
Out of curiosity, how were you able to ascertain from the OP's post the date of OP's flight?
I'm thinking it's because they usually do schedule changes 3+ months in advance--I had 3 different itinerary changes for late March thru May pop up yesterday. Thankfully only one wasn't quite acceptable and I got a big improvement as a result! ^

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Dec 23, 2015 at 7:22 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by kale73
I was not. But this is also not an IROPS scenario; it is a schedule change announced in advance. And the OP indicated that in the post.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Also, I believe sbm12 is Jedi.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The answer to OP is that he is neither entitled to be routed via SFO nor to ORC. He boucht a SEA-DEN ticket and that is what UA is offering. If the time change is significant, OP may be entitled to a full refund to his original form of payment.

But, this does not mean that an agent will not acommodate him if he asks. There is no need to make up a silly lie (or say it even if it's true). OP was on a direct flight and did not book a stopover so he's not entitled to one. Steering the agent towards stopover is a bad thing.

I would simply call in and say that due to a schedule change, "UA rebooked me on XXX ... here is what I would really like." Have the flight numbers ready. The easier you make it, the more likely you are to get it.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Often1
OP was on a direct flight and did not book a stopover so he's not entitled to one. Steering the agent towards stopover is a bad thing.
Who said anything about a stopover??

I've booked connecting flights over nonstops to meet up with people en route several times. Not all that unreasonable a request to honor such. The CoC may not require it but I've yet to encounter an agent who is so unreasonable as to not help in such a scenario.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You don't need to meet people. Maybe he wanted to take some photos of the Golden Gate bridge as he flew over, or pick up some Sourdough bread at Boudin's in T3.

He booked a ticket through SFO for a reason, he wants it restored through SFO, if they can do it, they should.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by channa
He booked a ticket through SFO for a reason, he wants it restored through SFO, if they can do it, they should.
Although I might question the wisdom of that given the weather and ATC issues at SFO lately.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
... call in and say that due to a schedule change, "UA rebooked me on XXX ... here is what I would really like." Have the flight numbers ready. The easier you make it, the more likely you are to get it.
I recently did just this for a sked change and had my preferred flight #s handy. But the agent told me that her screen was organized by flight times, not #s and it took a lot longer to get the changes fixed since I'd neglected to write down the departure times.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
I recently did just this for a sked change and had my preferred flight #s handy. But the agent told me that her screen was organized by flight times, not #s and it took a lot longer to get the changes fixed since I'd neglected to write down the departure times.
Good to know! I happened to have flight times, and was easy-peasy ^
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by Kacee
Although I might question the wisdom of that given the weather and ATC issues at SFO lately.
This, and I predict later "United hosed me on my connection and couldn't get me to my destination until 2 days later, how much comp am I due?"
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:59 am

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Itinerary changed, non-stop to connecting

Hey folks,

My folks were trying to get from IAH-BFL in May. They were initially booked on the morning non-stop from Houston, but got an email today saying they were being rerouted with a connection in Denver.

Here's where the tale gets strange -- the online timetable shows the morning flight still exists, albeit with a different flight number. Simple solution, call UA and asked to get put back on it right? However, when I tried to pull up the city-pair on (dot)bomb, it only shows the night flight (departing 9pm-ish) with no morning flight listed.

Any ideas what I should do? The connection is really not optimal because we're traveling with my elderly grandmother who would have real trouble walking Denver's mile-long concourse.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ndhapple
My folks were trying to get from IAH-BFL in May. They were initially booked on the morning non-stop from Houston, but got an email today saying they were being rerouted with a connection in Denver.

Here's where the tale gets strange -- the online timetable shows the morning flight still exists, albeit with a different flight number. Simple solution, call UA and asked to get put back on it right? However, when I tried to pull up the city-pair on (dot)bomb, it only shows the night flight (departing 9pm-ish) with no morning flight listed.

Any ideas what I should do? The connection is really not optimal because we're traveling with my elderly grandmother who would have real trouble walking Denver's mile-long concourse.
The flight's likely been canceled but the schedule is not updated yet.

Your options are unfortunately limited. You can look for a better alternative on UA and ask to be rebooked on that. Or you can ask for a refund and book with someone else.

As for traversing DEN with your grandmother, you can always request wheelchair assistance.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the golf carts are all over the place in DEN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.