Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
No, the luggage handle wraps have never been part of the kit. They were shipped out separately in batches back in 2013. Anyone getting them at this point is because they requested them and are one offs.
That's what I thought had happened when they sent mine. To be honest it looks a bit naff on the bag but it might serve as some sort of signal one day.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Passed the PQM back in early Nov; PQD requirement 12/28...1K kit status says still pending...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
1Kettle status then
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I qualified for 2016 Plat on Jan 2, packet is "Pending".

ugh.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Tag Downsize: Caps to lower case?

Old tag: 1K

New tag: 1k
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That's what I thought had happened when they sent mine. To be honest it looks a bit naff on the bag but it might serve as some sort of signal one day.
The yellow handle cover might look a bit "naff" but very handy. I can immediately pick out my bag on the carousel w/o second guessing.

Now the tiny luggage tags, useless. Don't know about you folks but I can't write that small. My last name alone would fill up the whole tag. An extra drink ticket or two would be much more useful...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by magendim
The yellow handle cover might look a bit "naff" but very handy. I can immediately pick out my bag on the carousel w/o second guessing.
Yeah, I'm not using my 1K luggage tags this year. I've got plenty of other tags that are "normal" sized and serve the purpose far better. I used to put the 1K tags on my carry-on, but at the end of the day, there seems to be no point beyond announcing to the world that you have the second-highest status on an airline that many people hate.

Instead of messing around with the the tags, I finally just wrote to 1K Voice asking them to send my yellow handle covers, which I never received when I first qualified for 1K back in September 2013.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:03 pm

The 1K kit is obviously cheap -- I'm more concerned with the perks I get with that status though than the way I show others I have it.

What are the yellow handle covers about?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
I dropped to Gold from Plat, but requalified for Gold over the summer. Still no new card in Canada.

I called and the M+ service desk said they can't do anything about it before Friday.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Will Dearborn
The 1K kit is obviously cheap -- I'm more concerned with the perks I get with that status though than the way I show others I have it.

What are the yellow handle covers about?
Here's the long thread on it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...stomers-7.html

They sent them to all 1K and GS in 2012/13, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They are florescent yellow velcro covers that wrap around your luggage handle--really meant for people who do a lot of RJ flying so that their gate checked bags can be identified and returned first, but I think they're generally good to have one way or the other.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by zcat18
They sent them to all 1K and GS in 2012/13, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They are florescent yellow velcro covers that wrap around your luggage handle--really meant for people who do a lot of RJ flying so that their gate checked bags can be identified and returned first, but I think they're generally good to have one way or the other.
They sent one to my girlfriend who has 1K status because of my lifetime status, but they never sent one to me
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
They sent one to my girlfriend who has 1K status because of my lifetime status, but they never sent one to me
LOL I've been GS for three years - haven't seen one...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: Silver on UA and Hilton, IHG Platinum
Got my lowly Silver card/kit today. I requalified on 12/23.

As others have said, the luggage tags are rather twee.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: Monday I received my 1K kit and today I got my Plat kit. Question: can I give my drink chits to another person to use?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Yes give away on the drink chits!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.