Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Rec'd in Toronto on Jan. 23/15

Qualified mid-Nov 2014.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Received ours today (01/23) - Qualified in October. It's funny, the luggage tags are tiny, and no longer personalized. This sort of thing sums up why United has a nickel and dime issue to their customers. They may have saved 1-2 cents per unit to have them be smaller, but they look visibly smaller and cheaper than before.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Received ours today (01/23) - Qualified in October. It's funny, the luggage tags are tiny. This sort of thing sums up why United has a nickel and dime issue to their customers. They may have saved 1-2 cents per unit to have them be smaller, but they look visibly smaller and cheaper than before.
I agree.

That said, is the size perhaps an pmCO thing (seriously)? Weren't the luggage tags that CO used to give out pre-merger even smaller than these? Maybe the CC sized tags look huge to pmCO management and they prefer the small ones?

Greg
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Received 1/17

Both mine and the SO's, both requalified in October. At least time it was actually my card and not somebody else's.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Didn't fly UA at all last year, but my million miler companion and I received Premier Gold packet today.
It came with 1 small luggage tag, interesting...
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greg99
That said, is the size perhaps an pmCO thing (seriously)? Weren't the luggage tags that CO used to give out pre-merger even smaller than these? Maybe the CC sized tags look huge to pmCO management and they prefer the small ones?

Greg
Haven't seen my tags yet this year and I only had PMCO tags once. But they were much smaller than the UA ones I've gotten before. When qualifying during 2011, the CO ones were about the size of the loyalty cards that hang on your keychain...maybe a bit longer than that.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Well...darn!

I fly out tomorrow for work in ZHR, FRA, MRS, and MAD. I return in February.

Despite a few calls to MP, I am still without my new 1K kit and assume I will not have access to *A lounges in the EU. How hard can it be to get the new packets out?!

Thanks United
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: UA*PP
Same here, qualified for Plat in December. United's website also says "pending", old card is about to expire.
Especially in FRA, they have been checking cards at the LH SEN Lounges recently.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zeug
Well...darn!

I fly out tomorrow for work in ZHR, FRA, MRS, and MAD. I return in February.

Despite a few calls to MP, I am still without my new 1K kit and assume I will not have access to *A lounges in the EU. How hard can it be to get the new packets out?!

Thanks United
print a card online. They usually accept it. If you see UA*G on the BP they generally don't even ask ...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Received my package on 1/20, which was the latest that I could remember. The first letter of my last name did not help. Hope that UA will do a reverse alphabet next year.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I qualified for Plat at the end of Nov and 1K at the end of Dec. Mystatus is showing pending for my 1K kit. I have no idea what will happen with my Plat Kit.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
My icon converted from processing to shipped some time earlier this week. I'm too busy to check daily, so am not sure whether it was the beginning of the week or the end of the week.

I'm off to the Middle East in a couple of weeks, and we'll see whether my new card arrives in time for this trip. It would be a nice back up - as some *A lounge dragons do still ask for the card.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
My icon converted from processing to shipped some time earlier this week. I'm too busy to check daily, so am not sure whether it was the beginning of the week or the end of the week.

I'm off to the Middle East in a couple of weeks, and we'll see whether my new card arrives in time for this trip. It would be a nice back up - as some *A lounge dragons do still ask for the card.
What icon?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TomMM
I qualified for Plat at the end of Nov and 1K at the end of Dec. Mystatus is showing pending for my 1K kit. I have no idea what will happen with my Plat Kit.
You won't be getting a Plat kit. Just the 1K kit.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
You won't be getting a Plat kit. Just the 1K kit.
I qualified for platinum in October and for 1K in December 2014. I received my platinum kit in mid December and the status icon on mystatus.united.com for my 1K kit switched just yesterday or today from "Pending" to "Shipped." My last name starts with an *S* which is probably part of the reason for the late shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.