Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Received my 2015 package on Jan 5 in Oz. It would look as if they were very expedited this year, except I qualified in mid-September. It took a couple of weeks for the mail to arrive after it was sent out. I actually like the mini-tags, particularly the lack of any pre-printed personal info.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by XCstud
Did you qualify for 1K earlier in the year and already get a kit? Does your card have a 1/15 or a 1/16 expiration date on it?

If you qualified already, you only get one kit per year. If you have last year's card with a 1/15 expiration date and they are telling you to keep it, that's ridiculous. I'd email 1K voice and say, umm no, my card expires Jan 15 and send them a picture of it.
I have not yet received a new kit with a card expiring on 1/2016 which is why I am so confused. I've been 1K for several years now. Maybe it is assuming I've already received the new kit and haven't? I'll e-mail 1K Voice.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by villox
Received my 1K renewal kit today. Same as usual(even same color drink tickets, so maybe expired ones won't be noticed), though the luggage tags are about half the size as in the past. My partner received his silver kit as well.
Just got mine (although the status page still says "Pending"). Not only are the tags smaller, they don't have the name printed on them anymore (and they're so small I don't think I can actually write my name in the space provided). It seems like a pretty silly way to economize to me. Still, I suppose that $2 billion in cuts had to come from somewhere.

I'm surprised the card isn't paper.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jumpingenes
I actually like the mini-tags, particularly the lack of any pre-printed personal info.
Your name must be shorter than mine ;-)
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Originally Posted by sogboulder
Your name must be shorter than mine ;-)
Doubtful, but I actually don't want my name on there. The MP number and a phone number should suffice.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
The MP number and a phone number should suffice.
I like to add my email as well.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Just looked at my wife's platinum packaged, she recieved the mini luggage tags, I recieved the old full sized luggage tags in 1K kit in early November, wierd they switched
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sogboulder
Just got mine (although the status page still says "Pending"). .
Where does "Pending" show on united.com? On the Print MileagePlus Card page? Not yet received 1K card. Print card shows the old date of 1/2015.

Guess I will call. I don't know why they don't show Valid through Life for LT status. CO used to show that on their LT cards.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cova
Where does "Pending" show on united.com? ...
mystatus.united.com
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by robbgrn
I for one never carry my "card" as I've never in my life been forced to present it anywhere or seen any good reason to have it take up space in my wallet.
I was recetly denied entry into the MEL SQ lounge unless I showed my actual card (even with the status on my BP). I had to dig it out from the bottom of my bag where I keep my other useless cards, but he was not going to let me in without it.
I also noticed a sign at the NRT ANA lounge saying it must be presented (although not enforced).

Btw, my s/o and I both requalified in October, but still "Pending".

Last edited by chavala; Jan 7, 2015 at 10:21 am Reason: add
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UA's processes just make me shake my head (most of the times).

Last year I did not receive my 1K kit until April. In June I received a new 1K card since I re-qualified as a 1K. In June, the card I received and I currently have, indicates that it expires in 2016.

I called to ask about my kit. She said because my card is valid to 2016 I will not be receiving a kit and that she has to manually request. She then goes to manually request and she can't do so until 31JAN.

I said I would just like my drink chits. However drink chits only cannot be requested. To have the drink chits I need to have a kit sent and to have a kit sent I have to wait to 31JAN.

I guess whoever designed their IT system, did so that if you have a card valid to 2016 you don't it get a kit even though a kit was not issued.

Clearly they did not take into consideration all their business processes when designing their IT logic.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GS
I'm very confused. Where do you find the information about anything shipping? I can't find it anywhere on the mystatus page??
http://i.imgur.com/AQ6Iflf.jpg

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 7, 2015 at 11:30 pm Reason: image too large for inline display
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jeff10000
I'm very confused. Where do you find the information about anything shipping? I can't find it anywhere on the mystatus page??
http://i.imgur.com/AQ6Iflf.jpg
Where it says "for you, only the best" is where it says "Your kit status: Pending" for me.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Doubtful, but I actually don't want my name on there. The MP number and a phone number should suffice.
Since the MP number has become your login username, this may no longer be a good idea
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Received my kit today, Gosh what an awful card.

Is it a plastic or hard paper ? I feel cheap as an elite member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.