Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I don't see any icon or indication of kit status. Am I missing something somewhere?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I don't see any icon or indication of kit status. Am I missing something somewhere?
Same here...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
If you visit https://mystatus.united.com
You will get an indication of your membership kit status. How closely it aligns with reality is another story.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PushingTin
2014 Status: 1K
Re-qualified: 7 DEC 2014
No Emails for any status mile marks.
Banner appeared 16 DEC 2014 (previously it said nothing): "Your 4 membership materials are being processed. Please check back for updates on shipping."
Shipment Date: 1/15/2015
Delivery Date: 1/22/2015
I'm not looking for a hand delivered package or a flourish of trumpets, but I get fake credit card offers with more, 'gravitas'. I'm surprised the materials didn't fall out the barely secured ends.

It seems the bag tags got smaller, while clear bungees got longer?

Marriott does a better job.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AAEXPand Concierge Key 5 million miles, UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Received GS Kit Today

My status page changed yesterday (1/23) from kit pending to shipped. Said 4-6 weeks. Was disappointed at shipping time. Opened my mailbox today (1/24) and it was there (though not my wife's) Anyhow I'm happy have to follow up on hers.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:38 pm

Qualified on Dec 1st 2014

Received 2015 credentials on Tuesday, Jan 20th (Los Angeles)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:58 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Mine finally says "shipped" today after a month of processing. Hope it arrives sooner than indicated given I have trips to Asia coming up in 2 weeks and don't want any issues.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anandrag
What icon?
If you go to https://mystatus.united.com/ and log in successfully,
you should see a box on the right half of your screen that identifies the status of your 2015 Premier membership kit.

Perhaps icon was not the correct term technically, but I've been returning to this site regularly throughout the year with a growing degree of veneration. So perhaps it's an icon in the spiritual sense?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Got mine this week. Nothing to see here, move along.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Mine says nothing about my kit. I have a black box to the right that says "for you, only the best" that allows me to expire GS benefits.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by zebranz
Well, 10 months after I made 2015 1K mine have been shipped! In 4-6 WEEKS I can expect them- even sea mail is faster.

Tried to paste the lovely green box but not computer literate!
Received on 25 Jan. Glad postal guy did not see the 4-6 weeks! 2 little almost baggage tags and my card.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I actually like the smaller tags. The larger ones almost instantly get sheared off. Shorter plastic lanyards would have been nice. The tags should be oval so that there is less of a chance of them catching a corner.

I only use them to be passively aggressive DYKWIA. Yes, I'm a 1k and that is why I am standing here and I this is not my first rodeo.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Your kit status:Pending

Which is going to be interesting given that I leave tomorrow and wont return until after Jan 31st, with (attempted!) visits to both the TK and LH lounges after the 31st.

At least LH don't seem to ask for the card now for non-redemption flights - hopefully TK are the same...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Received the kit last weekend with the two flimsy tags like last year but in smaller size. I remember they broke so easily and disappeared after a trip. The weak point is the approximately 4-5mm thick area above the punched hole on the card. Have UA ever tried to make anything good and durable?

Btw, what's the point to have beverage vouchers when you can't redeem on premium red and white white?!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: United 1MM
Originally Posted by docbert
Your kit status:Pending

Which is going to be interesting given that I leave tomorrow and wont return until after Jan 31st, with (attempted!) visits to both the TK and LH lounges after the 31st.

At least LH don't seem to ask for the card now for non-redemption flights - hopefully TK are the same...
Where can you see "kit status: Pending" on .bomb? I qualified in mid Dec and am still waiting on my 1K pack.

I've had real trouble with the LH robot lounge guardians in Germany when I hadn't gotten my new card yet. Doesn't matter if your BP says "Star Gold" on it. as mine did and I showed them. Without the card, the robots told me "no". They're not actually robots, but they just acted like robots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.