Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
FWIW, I'm in Asia, so here it is now 2/1/15. UA App Card still shows "Valid thru 1/2015". Will be interesting to see if the app refreshes after it turns to 2/1/15 in the US.

On the physical card front, my GS package arrived about two days after the MyStatus web page had changed to "shipped" status. This according to the crew at home, where it arrived after I departed.
Just checked my app at 0900 GMT and the virtual card no longer has any date on it now.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: Recovered UA 1k, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Alaska gold75
My card also is now undated.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: United
It's certainly taking longer than I would have thought to send out the packets. I fly on Tuesday and will need to gate check my bag. I was hoping to receive the fabled yellow luggage handle wraps before then, but it's looking unlikely.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, National Ex Elite
I qualified for Platinum on 12/5 and still haven't received my new card. Online now doesn't show a date.....United dropping the ball this year.

Really, I just need my new card to get my status match for air Berlin.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
No Plat kit in the mail for me, and when I go online to print a card, I get this message:

Print MileagePlus Card
Please print this page for reference and remember to provide your MileagePlus number at the time of each flight reservation and check-in, hotel check-in or car rental pickup.

Your MileagePlus membership card is temporarily unavailable, as we are in the process of updating membership status for the 2015 program year. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please check back later.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
no plat card here and not surprised... getting these out and on time takes a certain amount of competence and we know what a challenge that can be UA. Go online and my temp card is too unavailable for printing.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:10 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil Level
No Plat kit in the mail for me, and when I go online to print a card, I get this message:

Print MileagePlus Card
Please print this page for reference and remember to provide your MileagePlus number at the time of each flight reservation and check-in, hotel check-in or car rental pickup.

Your MileagePlus membership card is temporarily unavailable, as we are in the process of updating membership status for the 2015 program year. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please check back later.
LOL, count on UA IT to take what should be an automated process and turn it into something which requires downtime to implement.

Honestly, how does the web site's card not have a simple check of the status year date and the member's status for that year, both of which are known to the web site? Why does it take maintenance and downtime to roll out the "new" online cards?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

App on iOS shows 1/2016 expiration of Platinum card now for me so it did update.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Mine just updated when I opened it now.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
No love for me. I requalified early-Dec, no kit yet.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by kevinsac
No love for me. I requalified early-Dec, no kit yet.
x2. What is so hard about this?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite

Ugh just got my gold packet on Friday. Still disappointed I couldn't fly at the end of the year to re qualify at Platinum.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Requalified for 1K at the end of December. Received my 1K packet yesterday. Just in the nick of time!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Requalified as 1k in Q3, for the first time in 3 years as 1k finally received the card/tags.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Just got my kit a few days ago. Question: my wife is a 1K (due to my 2MM status). Does she get a kit? I don't remember if she got one last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.