Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
1MM = lifetime gold i thought
It is lifetime gold, unless you achieve a higher status during the year.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Just ask for the right kit, to me this is winning as you will get extra drink chits..
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jigen666
.... Still curious if anybody else encountered it?

Made Premier Platinum at end of November. I didn't make 1MM & 1K status until Mid-December, both on the same flight. So why did they send a 1MM kit with only PP status?

The United.com site says I'm 1K 1MM, so I know I'm safe. But this seems a little odd. Do I wait longer to see if they send me another 1K kit? Or do I write to 1K voice and ask them to rectify the situation?....
common issue when changing status levels -- you should get a 1K kit soon and bonus of extra drink chits and luggage tags (BTW, I still have not gotten my 1K kit yet either)

Originally Posted by Jigen666
....BTW: I thought that they used to give out metal 1MM luggage tags when you got to that level? All I got was the usual plastic PP tags and a scratched up Lucite frame with a plastic card inside that has my name and says Mileage Plus 1MM .....
That has been that for awhile. I got my 1MM just pre-merger -- no metal tags, no lucite plaque, ....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:03 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I hit Gold on 12/20/14 and received my Gold welcome packet in the mail today, 1/28/15.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I requalified for 1K mid-December but still no 1K packet.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Mine said Shipped as of a couple of days ago.

Not sure when it changed from Pending to Shipped but it could take 4-6 weeks it says.

Nothing in the mail so far.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometime in the last 10 days my and my wife's Platinum packages arrived (was out of town working). She is my MM designee. We both got cards, 2 small luggage tags and we each got 5 drink coupons. Could have sworn I read designees who don't qualify on their own don't get the drink coupons. She gave them to me as she doesn't really fly that much and when she does she is with me. She also doesn't drink. I did notice the luggage tags (mine) no longer say 1 MM on them like last years full size ones and don't have name on the front anymore either. So not only smaller, but less info on them too.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Requalified 1K late December. Received package 1/28/2015. Toronto, CA.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Qualified for Gold but was sent a silver card yesterday!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by buaya00
Qualified for Gold but was sent a silver card yesterday!
LOL I requalified for GS and still have nothing - currently in Europe and won't be back in the states for a few weeks and my card will expire in two days - the LH Senator lounges at MUC and FRA will give me all sorts of grief now as my card has "expired"....
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I received mine sometime in the last 10 days, as did my 2MM companion.

I think the little luggage tags are cute, but would have preferred to have my 2MM status on them like the old luggage tags.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I think the little luggage tags are cute, but would have preferred to have my 2MM status on them like the old luggage tags.
The UA employee who suggested the idea to $MI/J for cutting the luggage tags in 1/2 to make two small tags from one full sized tag, probably got rewarded with a cheap Lucite plaque with a plastic card inside saying "United Airlines 1 Million Dollar Saver"
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
LOL I requalified for GS and still have nothing - currently in Europe and won't be back in the states for a few weeks and my card will expire in two days - the LH Senator lounges at MUC and FRA will give me all sorts of grief now as my card has "expired"....
Haven't received mine yet as of today.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I still find it amusing that the card on the app still shows 2015. Although I know nothing about app development I cannot imagine that it can be that hard.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I still find it amusing that the card on the app still shows 2015. Although I know nothing about app development I cannot imagine that it can be that hard.
And I can see it taking UA a week to update the app to show the 2016 expiration date. And then we KNOW we will be inundated with posts about international travelers saying they don't have a card yet and the app has the wrong expiration date so they can't get into any *A lounges. (and it would be a legitimate gripe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.