Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:36 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Funny... Wife got her's yesterday, but she's my MM partner... Hope mine comes this week.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by chavala
Let them spend it on something more important.
Oh, they will. I can guarantee, however, that it won't be you.

Also like how everything came in a cardboard envelope instead of last year's wasteful fancy box.
Why? The only thing "green" about their rationales for doing these cheap packages is the dollars being saved on the materials and mailing costs.

If it were otherwise, they would have treated the GS'es similarly.

Greg
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I'm not inclined to give UA a break. They're using a third party vendor to handle the creation and shipment of these kits. Maybe if they ponied up a few extra bucks, the processing of everyone's kits might be a bit more efficient. They also might not feel like they're cheap (referring to others' reports of their new 2015 cards - even though I've yet to receive my kit...)
My first impression on the new "thin" card was "cheap" as well. But then when I thought of it - I like it. "Thin" is in!

Reduces thickness of my wallet and the new card is more flexible. I have had CC's crack because they flex'ed too much in my wallet.

I see nothing wrong with the new packages. I like the "thin" card (versus those fancy Chase metal CC's - which weigh a bit) and I like the colored drink chits. Ok with the name tags. Larger name tags always droop when you put the bag in the overhead bins and you have to keep tucking it under the bin lip to be able to close the bin.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Ms BH & I both re qualified as 1K in mid-October. Her kit arrived in in mid-December, mine yesterday. No yellow baggage wraps in either kit .... WhatEver.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by greg99

Why? The only thing "green" about their rationales for doing these cheap packages is the dollars being saved on the materials and mailing costs.

Greg
But that's the reason most companies (with several notable exceptions) have "green" campaigns. I remember my company years ago doing that for this very reason, which happened to tee off several of our customers that happened to be in the paper industry.

Just to document, I have not received my 2015 packet yet...2.5 miles down the road from corporate HQ.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3MM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Still pending here, did a quick trip to UK on 12/27 to make it over 1K threshold. Still shows pending on the website. At least we can show the digital card that is contained in the app if you need to get into a Star Alliance lounge.

Either that or start moving your loyalty to another airline, ANA, Singapore & Lufthansa are getting a lot of mine in 2014/15.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Well, 10 months after I made 2015 1K mine have been shipped! In 4-6 WEEKS I can expect them- even sea mail is faster.

Tried to paste the lovely green box but not computer literate!

Last edited by zebranz; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:51 am
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA MM
Mine and Mrs. Mojave's arrived today (both Gold). I like the thin card, helps cut down on my wallet bloat.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: UA premier gold
Mine arrived today. requalified for 1K early December. No package for the mrs.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greg99

Greg
I would rather see whatever they save go directly towards Jeff's beer money than have it spent on wasteful cardboard boxes and pre-printed luggage tags.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
I would rather see whatever they save go directly towards Jeff's beer money than have it spent on wasteful cardboard boxes and pre-printed luggage tags.
Well, OK then. To each their own.

I actually liked the pre-printed luggage tags, as did my wife. As such, I view this as a takeaway of a benefit, albeit relatively small, without any corresponding gain for me.

If that doesn't bug you, or you see benefit from not having the name printed on the card (I generally could care less about the box), then good on ya.

It's just one more thing on the list of takeaways by UA for me.

Greg
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Kit received, both sides taped

Always suspicious of any mail that appears to have been tampered with, R and I received our respective kits with the short sides of the kit held together with what appears to be a semi-frosted scotch tape product.
My first thought was that the contents had been altered, but apparently everything that *should be*** actually IS there---judging from what I find upthread.

*** conspicuous by its absence: confirmed regionals
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Got my 1K kit today (New Jersey).

Thinner Card, 2 smaller luggage tags with plastic straps, and 10 drink chits (exp 1/31/2016).

I thought the set of luggage tags I received when I first qualified (in OCT 2014) have 1MM printed on them (have check on them when I get home). These new ones don't, but it is printed on the MP card.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcutcher
Always suspicious of any mail that appears to have been tampered with, R and I received our respective kits with the short sides of the kit held together with what appears to be a semi-frosted scotch tape product.
My first thought was that the contents had been altered, but apparently everything that *should be*** actually IS there---judging from what I find upthread.

*** conspicuous by its absence: confirmed regionals
We had that weird tape on ours as well.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Qualified in late Nov for 1k. Still no package

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.